FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bob Wells

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bob Wells
    Posted: Jul 06 2009 at 11:57am
Sorry to hear that Bob Wells, the former mayor and Councilmember, died July 5th. Mr. Wells seemed like a very nice person who was genuinely interested in the city's success. As mayor, at times, he seemed so frustrated as he and others tried to control the loose cannons on the Council at the time. He was always very cordial when people addressed the Council during citizen's comments. Seemed to listen to what you said even though the councilmembers rarely responded. Didn't always agree with Mr. Wells but it was difficult to be real negative with him.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2009 at 1:38pm
Oh that is very sad. A friend of my in-laws. He was mayor and was in a great fight with Laura Williams. He was a fair and reasonable man, unlike Ms. Williams.

God Bless Mr. Wells. May he rest in peace.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Marianne View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2009 at 1:53pm
used to run into him at JJ's but hadn't seen him in a long time...  perhaps almost a year?  Nice man to speak with...   
Smokey Burgess View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Burgess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2009 at 2:19pm
Viet  Vet -

I first met former Mayor Wells when I flew up here from Hot Springs, Arkansas the second time (at my own expense) for my pre-employment physical.  He seemed like a cordial, level-headed man who was truly embarassed by the goings on involving two existing and one former City Council member.  I almost asked him if I had made a mistake by accepting the Community Development Administrator job here in late 2006.

Nelson Self
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2009 at 10:13pm
Yes Bob was a real good guy. If you ever needed anything Bob was the go to guy.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic