FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Jug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Jug
    Posted: Jul 10 2012 at 7:27am
Nice article in the Journal on this business icon. One of the few things in Middletown that hasn't changed despite time, multiple owners and the current city leader theme of demolition/greenspace.

Don't go as often as I would like. Forget it's there when out getting a meal for the family. Too easy to head on down to fast food row. Would be nice if they would advertise more, keeping them in touch with the community.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2012 at 9:08am
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Nice article in the Journal on this business icon. One of the few things in Middletown that hasn't changed despite time, multiple owners and the current city leader theme of demolition/greenspace.

Don't go as often as I would like. Forget it's there when out getting a meal for the family. Too easy to head on down to fast food row. Would be nice if they would advertise more, keeping them in touch with the community.

I remember getting coupons from the Journal years ago that was great to save money plus remind people about the Jug I agree that sometimes we just forget about it being there till its too late lol

crazycatcher View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazycatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2012 at 4:55pm

VET, Bocephus

Congratulations you both win the hypocrite of the year award. In other FORUMS you complain at nauseum about how we have no business, no economic development, etc. Then a local business is trying to expand but their product is not good enough for Boephus. When will it end? I get it, you are disgruntled and upset with the city. I’m sure that most people that live here are upset with the city in one way or the other. But come on….Quit bitchin’ just to bitch…after a while you just come across as crazy.

In reference to purchasing ad space in the journal so a business can remain “in touch”(VET) with the community. Do you know how much an ad in the journal costs? A 4” x 10” ad can cost $300. That’s not chicken feed. So your excuse for not eating locally is “you forgot that it was there.” Really?!  After how many years do you need to live here to know about The Jug. On the same note when was the last time you ate at The Meadows, or Bucks or the few other local establishments. Like Vet refers to them, “those low paying service positions” are in establishments that employ people at need to make money to make a living. I get it they’re not above minimum wage jobs but somebody has to do them and our society needs them. I would love to have an $18 an hour job but look around the country not just Middletown who else has them?

I know of plenty of city’s that don’t have steel corporations or paper factory’s and they all seem to be keeping their head above the water. My gosh get out, get in your car and drive around a radius of 50 miles or so and you will see plenty of blight just like in Middletown, even in Mason and West Chester. Are you blind…NO ONE is doing well.

I’m not saying go out and do something productive because I’m pretty sure after reading your posts for over a year that is not within your human capacity. And whatever you do, do NOT lump me into the “UP with Middletown” group. I too have issues with the MMF. Main Streeter’s and council. But I’m out there every day trying to change it and make it better. Yes. I’m probably going to fail and that’s ok but at least I tried. ( I know live in a starry eyed dream world)

We all laugh about not being able to sell our homes because if we could we would. Put a sign in your yard and see what happens…maybe you’ll get lucky. What would it hurt. Because to the few of us that try and salvage some sense from this diatribe of crazy written on this site  still have a little bit of hope because without what’s the point?

Spin this however you like gentlemen. My feelings will not be hurt. I just hope in the end you are pleased and proud of yourselves.

ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2012 at 9:17pm

Happy that Mr.Ridge bought and invested in this landmark of our town. Glad that someone took a chance without "Downtown Money" to allow it to continue.  Bravo Jug!!!!

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2012 at 9:27pm
crazy:
VET, Bocephus

Congratulations you both win the hypocrite of the year award. In other FORUMS you complain at nauseum about how we have no business, no economic development, etc. Then a local business is trying to expand but their product is not good enough for Boephus

WHAT? WE WERE BOTH COMPLIMENTING THE JUG AND HAVE BEEN THERE MANY TIMES OVER THE YEARS. WE WEREN'T "BITCHING" IN THIS INSTANCE. WE LIKE THE JUG. BETTER READ OUR POSTS AGAIN. I BELIEVE BO JUST MENTIONED THAT THERE USE TO BE COUPONS IN THE JOURNAL FOR THE JUG. I REMEMBER THE COUPONS ALSO. NOT A PRACTICE ANYMORE FROM THE NEW OWNER.

crazy:
In reference to purchasing ad space in the journal so a business can remain “in touch”(VET) with the community. Do you know how much an ad in the journal costs? A 4” x 10” ad can cost $300. That’s not chicken feed

NOT A BUSINESS PERSON CRAZY. DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH AN AD COSTS BUT I DO KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TO SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY AND KEEPING YOUR BUSINESS IN THE LIMELIGHT IS KEY TO REPEAT CUSTOMERS AND MAKING SURE PEOPLE REMEMBER YOU ARE HERE, ISN'T IT?

crazy:
After how many years do you need to live here to know about The Jug.

I FIRST KNEW ABOUT THE JUG WHEN I WENT TO WILSON SCHOOL, WHICH WAS NEXT DOOR. IT WAS 1954 AND I WAS IN THE SECOND GRADE. THAT LONG ENOUGH FOR YOU?

crazy:
On the same note when was the last time you ate at The Meadows, or Bucks or the few other local establishments.

I WOULD, BUT I HAVE A WIFE WHO IS DISABLED, CAN'T WALK NOR FUNCTION IN A PUBLIC SETTING TO HAVE A SIT DOWN DINNER. GUESS I'M NOT AS LUCKY AS YOU WHO HAS THE FREEDOM TO DO SO.

crazy:
Like Vet refers to them, “those low paying service positions” are in establishments that employ people at need to make money to make a living. I get it they’re not above minimum wage jobs but somebody has to do them and our society needs them. I would love to have an $18 an hour job but look around the country not just Middletown who else has them?

PLENTY OF JOBS OUTSIDE THE CITY PAYING MORE THAN THE AVERAGE WAGES SEEN IN MIDDLETOWN. JUST HAVE TO PUT ON YOUR BIG BOY PANTS, LEAVE THE CITY AND FIND ONE. I HAVE ONE. WASN'T HARD TO FIND IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT CREDENTIALS. MY COMMENT WAS DIRECTED TO THE CITY ECON. DEPT FOCUSING AND BEING CONTENT BRINGING IN LOW PAYING JOBS. SURELY YOU DON'T APPROVE OF THAT, DO YOU?

crazy:
My gosh get out, get in your car and drive around a radius of 50 miles or so and you will see plenty of blight just like in Middletown, even in Mason and West Chester. Are you blind…NO ONE is doing well.
I DO DRIVE OUTSIDE MIDDLETOWN EVERYDAY. I WORK IN DAYTON AND AM NOT LAND-LOCKED HERE IN MIDDLETOWN. MIDDLETOWN IS UNIQUE IN THAT IT IS THE ONLY CITY IT'S SIZE THAT HASN'T KEPT UP WITH THE REST OF THE CITIES AROUND HERE. IT IS BEHIND THE TIMES IN ALMOST EVERY CATEGORY DUE TO THE NARROW MINDED THINKING OF CURRENT AND PAST ADMINISTRATIONS.

crazy:
I’m not saying go out and do something productive because I’m pretty sure after reading your posts for over a year that is not within your human capacity.

OH, I'VE DONE MANY PRODUCTIVE THINGS IN MY LIFE. NOT ASHAMED OF MY ACCOMPLISHMENTS. KINDA TIED DOWN WORKING A FULL TIME JOB OUT OF TOWN ,THEN COMING HOME AND TAKING CARE OF MY WIFE EACH EVENING AND DURING THE NIGHT TIME HOURS. WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I DO EACH DAY. IT AIN'T EASY DOING THE LIVING FOR TWO. YOU DON'T KNOW MY SITUATION OR YOU WOULDN'T HAVE MADE THIS STATEMENT.

crazy:
And whatever you do, do NOT lump me into the “UP with Middletown” group. I too have issues with the MMF. Main Streeter’s and council.

THEN JOIN US AND SEE WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO THIS CITY. STOP BEING SO PASSIVE. GET A "MAD AS HELL AND NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE" ATTITUDE. THEY'RE NOT GOING TO LET YOU "CHANGE IT AND MAKE IT BETTER". NOT WITHOUT THROWING SO MANY ROADBLOCKS IN FRONT OF YOU THAT YOU GIVE UP. UNLESS THEY APPROVE OF WHAT YOU WANT TO CHANGE, THEY WILL STOP YOU.

crazy:
We all laugh about not being able to sell our homes because if we could we would. Put a sign in your yard and see what happens…maybe you’ll get lucky. What would it hurt. Because to the few of us that try and salvage some sense from this diatribe of crazy written on this site still have a little bit of hope because without what’s the point?

CRAZY, THIS IS MY HOMETOWN. I HAVE LIVED HERE OFF AND ON FOR 63 YEARS. I WAS HERE WHEN IT WAS DECENT. MY FAMILY IS ALL BURIED IN WOODSIDE. I HAVE A SENTIMENTAL ATTACHMENT TO THIS CITY. I WILL DIE HERE. SO WILL MY WIFE. WE HAVE LIVED IN COLUMBUS, TUCSON AZ, NEWARK OHIO, AND HAVE ALWAYS RETURNED HERE. COULD HAVE GONE ANYWHERE AFTER COMING BACK FROM TUCSON IN 2005. CHOSE MIDDLETOWN....AGAIN. WE LIKE THE TOWN. JUST DON'T LIKE THE WAY IT IS BEING RUN NOR WHAT IT HAS BECOME WITH POOR DECISIONS MADE OVER THE YEARS. NO, WE WILL STAY AND, HOPEFULLY, ONE DAY, SEE POSITIVE CHANGES AS WE CHANGE CITY LEADERS. IT IS OUR HOPE WE WILL GET A GROUP OF LEADERS WHO WILL HAVE SOME COMMON SENSE AND TOTALLY CHANGE THE DIRECTION WE ARE GOING NOW. WE ALL DESERVE BETTER THAN WHAT WE ARE GETTING NOW, DON'T YOU THINK?
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2012 at 10:08pm
I am combining a response to this and Today's Chuckle. I tend to agree you shouldn't need to post ads in the Urinal to be a success. Like any restaurant business, week days are cyclic, and demand varies. Simply put on the sign a special each night of the week, Mondays when they are slow, et al. Anyone been here for 50 years surely knows the Jug is still grilling, but admittedly, I haven't eaten there in 10 years, but that's only because I try to eat chicken and veggies and not burgers and dogs 3-4 nights a week. A sign of aging I suppose. Its great they are still making a go of it.

As for the wonders of the marvelous Hampton Inn, the movement at the midpoint of Cincinnati and Dayton had absolutely NOTHING to do with Middletown. Its the highway STUPID! Hotels do market analysis and surveys more than any business on the planet (other than Costco), which will study a location for two years at minimum. The exit was just convenient and catches to highway traffic from Canada and Michigan dropping off 30 minutes to Kentucky border, knowing in 8 hrs, they can make it to Atlanta. It had nothing al all to do with any effort by Mulligan, Gilleland, Kohler, Landen, Robinette, or the usual suspects. 90% of the traffic at Bob Evans, Crackel Barrel, all the restaurants around 75, are off ramp freeway. Now Walmart, that's a different story. That's where true Middletown really shines. Just take note 85% of those in check-out pull out their Ohio food stamp card, and live in Middletown's Section 8. That facility is all Middletown, with 15% off ramp that park overnight in lot. Just take note of the tatoos, red necks, and food cards, you'll identify the Middletownians accordingly.

Midd29, I get a kick out of you. The Titantic is going down...stop the nonsense that it was just a small sheet of ice, and Middletown is unsinkable, that's "unthinkable."  
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2012 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by crazycatcher crazycatcher wrote:

VET, Bocephus

Congratulations you both win the hypocrite of the year award. In other FORUMS you complain at nauseum about how we have no business, no economic development, etc. Then a local business is trying to expand but their product is not good enough for Boephus. When will it end? I get it, you are disgruntled and upset with the city. I’m sure that most people that live here are upset with the city in one way or the other. But come on….Quit bitchin’ just to bitch…after a while you just come across as crazy.

In reference to purchasing ad space in the journal so a business can remain “in touch”(VET) with the community. Do you know how much an ad in the journal costs? A 4” x 10” ad can cost $300. That’s not chicken feed. So your excuse for not eating locally is “you forgot that it was there.” Really?!  After how many years do you need to live here to know about The Jug. On the same note when was the last time you ate at The Meadows, or Bucks or the few other local establishments. Like Vet refers to them, “those low paying service positions” are in establishments that employ people at need to make money to make a living. I get it they’re not above minimum wage jobs but somebody has to do them and our society needs them. I would love to have an $18 an hour job but look around the country not just Middletown who else has them?

I know of plenty of city’s that don’t have steel corporations or paper factory’s and they all seem to be keeping their head above the water. My gosh get out, get in your car and drive around a radius of 50 miles or so and you will see plenty of blight just like in Middletown, even in Mason and West Chester. Are you blind…NO ONE is doing well.

I’m not saying go out and do something productive because I’m pretty sure after reading your posts for over a year that is not within your human capacity. And whatever you do, do NOT lump me into the “UP with Middletown” group. I too have issues with the MMF. Main Streeter’s and council. But I’m out there every day trying to change it and make it better. Yes. I’m probably going to fail and that’s ok but at least I tried. ( I know live in a starry eyed dream world)

We all laugh about not being able to sell our homes because if we could we would. Put a sign in your yard and see what happens…maybe you’ll get lucky. What would it hurt. Because to the few of us that try and salvage some sense from this diatribe of crazy written on this site  still have a little bit of hope because without what’s the point?

Spin this however you like gentlemen. My feelings will not be hurt. I just hope in the end you are pleased and proud of yourselves.

Hey if this hypocrite of the year award involves free cheeseburgers from the jug then Im all over it,where do I go to get it ? Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 7:03am
kinda hard to miss or forget about the Jug
I know the owner--probably no free burgers, bo

I frequent all of the localy-owned/operatedl eateries
hopefully y'all do the same

Lakeside should be a super addition and destination to another forgotten area of town
Looking forward to grabbing a meal there
New ownership will be soliud and quality"(unless they drink too much high-priced beer)
Grew up as a Jefferson kid K-6
walked there and back every school day--good times--good friends

Should be a good bash band tonight
but stay off of the regal sidewalks and don't block the view from Pendleton
think that any approx. located businesses will be open?
Tim Lewis View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 7:36am
Best Cheeseburgers anywhere at The Jug. Been going since my Mom used to take us in that big Pontiac Station Wagon. 
Thanks Spider for the Bash plug. The band tonight is from Cincinnati, My Sister Sarah is awesome and will have the crowd on their feet. This is Bash #4 and the crowds have been huge. Far exceeding our expectations. If you have trouble walking, park in the lot where the old parking garage used to be and it's a very short distance to the stage. Get there by 5 though. LONG LIVE THE BASH!

Tim Lewis
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 12:45pm
Amazing how somethings can get so twisted sometimes here is the way I feel about the subject of the Jug...I have been a fan of them for at least 40 years and have eaten from there at least a half dozen times since the new owner took it over who by the way I lived next door to at one point in my life.But in the past what 10 years maybe longer pryor to that it was a hit or miss if they would even be open and now that it is open year around some of us have had the seasonal thing inbeded in us (or at least I do) sorry but old habits are hard to break.Hence my comment "forget they are there" should have been more like remember they are actualy open now.

As far as getting free stuff I gave up on that a long time ago Im just not lucky that way and have had to work for every single thing I have which is nothing to brag too much about.

I allways like supporting local places when possible and will continue to do so as long as they are worthy and if not I will go else where.

crazycatcher I dont know how you decided to award me the hypocrite award but Thanks and welcome to the forum hope you comment more and just not read it.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 1:06pm
Hey sj, you do a fine job of supporting local businesses and organizations. I have heard rave reviews from the American Legion members associated with your donation to their pig roast over the 4th. Believe me, the word gets around about all you do, many times, without you ever saying a word or asking anything in return. I want you to know, although I am not a member, how grateful and what positive comments, came from the members of the American Legion associated with your support. I happened to be in an area and heard several speaking glowingly of you and your help to them. A few Pass It Forward, you are one of them, and I wanted you to know kind words were spoken in great appreciation. A reputation well earned for empathy and support.    
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
crazycatcher View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazycatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 2:00pm

FOR VET

Vet:
NOT A BUSINESS PERSON CRAZY. DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH AN AD COSTS BUT I DO KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TO SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY AND KEEPING YOUR BUSINESS IN THE LIMELIGHT IS KEY TO REPEAT CUSTOMERS AND MAKING SURE PEOPLE REMEMBER YOU ARE HERE, ISN'T IT?

Yes, you do. I believe in that philosophy. But if small businesses are to have the type of money, that it takes to survive and advertise  then people must support them. I think we are on the same page here just looking at it from different views.

Vet:
I FIRST KNEW ABOUT THE JUG WHEN I WENT TO WILSON SCHOOL, WHICH WAS NEXT DOOR. IT WAS 1954 AND I WAS IN THE SECOND GRADE. THAT LONG ENOUGH FOR YOU?

The comment was of course cynical. But yes, that’s long enough. So in reality it is long enough to not need a coupon to remember what is in our community. Or maybe the real issue is people just want coupons.LOL

Vet:
I WOULD, BUT I HAVE A WIFE WHO IS DISABLED, CAN'T WALK NOR FUNCTION IN A PUBLIC SETTING TO HAVE A SIT DOWN DINNER. GUESS I'M NOT AS LUCKY AS YOU WHO HAS THE FREEDOM TO DO SO.

Because of the reasons above, life and other things are difficult for you. I get it. However you make comments about going out and picking things up for the family to eat. All of our local establishment’s offer carry out as well. A good community base is a stronger community with local business…right? (FYI I do not own a business.) I’m just saying switch it up sometimes and stop giving your money to the corporate machine.

Vet:
PLENTY OF JOBS OUTSIDE THE CITY PAYING MORE THAN THE AVERAGE WAGES SEEN IN MIDDLETOWN. JUST HAVE TO PUT ON YOUR BIG BOY PANTS, LEAVE THE CITY AND FIND ONE. I HAVE ONE. WASN'T HARD TO FIND IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT CREDENTIALS. MY COMMENT WAS DIRECTED TO THE CITY ECON. DEPT FOCUSING AND BEING CONTENT BRINGING IN LOW PAYING JOBS. SURELY YOU DON'T APPROVE OF THAT, DO YOU?

AHHH.Clap A true statement there are plenty of good paying jobs outside of he city of Middletown, and while for many reasons it would be nice if there were good paying jobs inside the city there are not. We could go on for days on whose fault that is etc. Yes, this is a city used to having jobs at the ready. Well things change and so do city’s. So yes, we need to redefine who we are and that takes solid leadership…yes, something we do not have in all areas of our city government. However, it is not the city’s job to provide you or me a job. It is our responsibility, as you say ”put on your big boy pants and go out and find one.” There is this concept called a bedroom city and Middletown could become one of those with innovative thinking and a direction on what type of city it wants to be in the future.

Vet:
I DO DRIVE OUTSIDE MIDDLETOWN EVERYDAY. I WORK IN DAYTON AND AM NOT LAND-LOCKED HERE IN MIDDLETOWN. MIDDLETOWN IS UNIQUE IN THAT IT IS THE ONLY CITY IT'S SIZE THAT HASN'T KEPT UP WITH THE REST OF THE CITIES AROUND HERE. IT IS BEHIND THE TIMES IN ALMOST EVERY CATEGORY DUE TO THE NARROW MINDED THINKING OF CURRENT AND PAST ADMINISTRATIONS.

Possibly more common ground for us. I think it is a broad statement to say that we are the only city our size that has not kept up. We are a city our size that maybe thought the meal train would never pull out…but it has. And those people that are many times bashed on this site for being wealthy or linked to some great conspiracy are tired of giving here money to a city that does not reciprocate. I heartily agree that there is narrow minded thinking and stupidity standing in the way of this city moving forward but I support in some ways that right now almost any idea is a good idea. Believe it or not there are people that work for this city that would give their life’s blood because the indeed love the city they live in (no I do not work for the city but I do know people that do). But I also believe the apathetic nature of this city’ people are most to blame.

Vet”
OH, I'VE DONE MANY PRODUCTIVE THINGS IN MY LIFE. NOT ASHAMED OF MY ACCOMPLISHMENTS. KINDA TIED DOWN WORKING A FULL TIME JOB OUT OF TOWN ,THEN COMING HOME AND TAKING CARE OF MY WIFE EACH EVENING AND DURING THE NIGHT TIME HOURS. WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I DO EACH DAY. IT AIN'T EASY DOING THE LIVING FOR TWO. YOU DON'T KNOW MY SITUATION OR YOU WOULDN'T HAVE MADE THIS STATEMENT.

AHHH. ClapAnother good statement by you. “YOU DON'T KNOW MY SITUATION OR YOU WOULDN'T HAVE MADE THIS STATEMENT.” Many of the bloggers on this site seem to know everything about every situation that occurs in this city or we love to surmise that we do. One of us can fully understand the gravity of issues that this city is undergoing until we are in a position to truly feel the impact. Yes, we all pay outrageous taxes (I am a homeowner.) We are led astray by some crazy ideas now and then. It is our right to yell and scream but at the end of the day is the city to blame for the quality of my life or is it the decisions or misfortunes that have created that path for me?

VET:
THEN JOIN US AND SEE WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO THIS CITY. STOP BEING SO PASSIVE. GET A "MAD AS HELL AND NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE" ATTITUDE. THEY'RE NOT GOING TO LET YOU "CHANGE IT AND MAKE IT BETTER". NOT WITHOUT THROWING SO MANY ROADBLOCKS IN FRONT OF YOU THAT YOU GIVE UP. UNLESS THEY APPROVE OF WHAT YOU WANT TO CHANGE, THEY WILL STOP YOU.

I am far from passive and I do get “As MAD AS HELL.Angry” About many things and I’m not sure it is about joining you as much as it is educating each other. Many a roadblock has been put in front of me and I continue to knock them down the best I can. There are many things on the horizon that will certainly  get in my way but as I said before I am out there every day trying to fight the good fight and while I do it quietly there are a few of us trying to seek change.

Vet:
CRAZY, THIS IS MY HOMETOWN. I HAVE LIVED HERE OFF AND ON FOR 63 YEARS. I WAS HERE WHEN IT WAS DECENT. MY FAMILY IS ALL BURIED IN WOODSIDE. I HAVE A SENTIMENTAL ATTACHMENT TO THIS CITY. I WILL DIE HERE. SO WILL MY WIFE. WE HAVE LIVED IN COLUMBUS, TUCSON AZ, NEWARK OHIO, AND HAVE ALWAYS RETURNED HERE. COULD HAVE GONE ANYWHERE AFTER COMING BACK FROM TUCSON IN 2005. CHOSE MIDDLETOWN....AGAIN. WE LIKE THE TOWN. JUST DON'T LIKE THE WAY IT IS BEING RUN NOR WHAT IT HAS BECOME WITH POOR DECISIONS MADE OVER THE YEARS. NO, WE WILL STAY AND, HOPEFULLY, ONE DAY, SEE POSITIVE CHANGES AS WE CHANGE CITY LEADERS. IT IS OUR HOPE WE WILL GET A GROUP OF LEADERS WHO WILL HAVE SOME COMMON SENSE AND TOTALLY CHANGE THE DIRECTION WE ARE GOING NOW. WE ALL DESERVE BETTER THAN WHAT WE ARE GETTING NOW, DON'T YOU THINK?.

OK you are a little older than I am. But I too was born and raised here and while yes I have lived in numerous other places I was drawn back here because no matter what anyone says or does this is my hometown and I love it. I too have many good memories and I continue to make new ones. My family has a long deep history in Middletown with ancestors buried in Middletown Cemetary. Dare I say our lineage goes beyond that of our dear Mayor, and yes he drives me nuts, but so does Anita and Josh and Ann and Dan and I can’t even talk about A.J. But that is a subject for another day.

In the end I hear you and I respect you opinions. I think I just needed to snap. So back I go to being a voyer to this world. Maybe I’ll see another conversation down the road that peaks my interest and join in. Till then….my best to you.

ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 5:02pm
Good God.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 5:50pm
thanx acclaro
nice to know that someone notices and cares
Legion has to be suffering--
+ they will be assessed for those sidewalk lights!

I try to help those truly in need, especially those that have supported my family
and business. I can cut through those who" want and expect".
I have a pretty long short list
However I have been a lucky guy
who has a chance to give a little back

Isn't that how it should work?
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 6:34pm
Yes. Too many getting the Shaft. Can you dig it?

http://youtu.be/Z2NaN_QNFUo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic