Forum Name: People in Middletown
Forum Description: Discuss People in Middletown
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6415
Printed Date: Apr 16 2024 at 6:08pm

Topic: Betty Nein and Jack Gordon
Posted By: What A City
Subject: Betty Nein and Jack Gordon
Date Posted: Feb 02 2017 at 7:36am
Just like to acknowledge Ms. Nein and Jack Gordon, both who recently passed away. 

Ms. Nein was a community activist and was involved in making Middletown a better place to live. She and her husband, Richard, who passed away in 2001, were the parents of Scott Nein , former Middletown School Board member and State Senator. Ms. Nein was 95.

The 'ole coach, Jack Gordon, passed away at age 85 on Saturday. Coach Gordon was a very successful football coach for the Middies in the 60's and 70's. He then provided Middletown fans with play by play of Middie football and basketball games on WPFB along with Fred Finney and Carel Cosby. Great coach and great announcer. I will miss his enthusiastic commentary and emotion during a game. 

Both are Middletown icons in their respective contributions to our community. We older folks on this forum know who they are and are bound to miss their talents. I am one of them who appreciated their involvement.

RIP Ms. Nein and Mr, Gordon. You will be missed by many from the old days. 

Replies:
Posted By: spiderjohn
Date Posted: Feb 02 2017 at 7:58am
Two very important pillars of the community.
Also worth mentioning is Mrs.Nein's husband Richard and my mhs latin teacher Kiki (coach's wife).
Two very important families from our glory days.
Who will take their places?

Oddly--at the Fri.amnd Tuesday Middies games, I don't remember any mention of either

Posted By: John Beagle
Date Posted: Feb 03 2017 at 6:11pm
I used to listen to Jack Gordon and Greg Anderson do the Middie games. Jack would do play by play and Greg would provide the color. It was a hoot. I sure miss Jack. I raise a Bud Lite in your honor.

-------------
http://www.johnbeagle.com/" rel="nofollow - John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.

Print Page | Close Window