FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WHO DEY!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHO DEY!!!!
    Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 1:20pm
They were coddling the QBs even back then.  When the face bars first were introduced, only the QBs got one.  They weren't that good, though, since they broke fairly easily (and they also made good "handles" for one-handed tackling!!! LOL )
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 12:32pm
Hermes- Mike suggested the leather helmets, not me. He's alot older than I am so he would remember the leather helmet days of the NFL. I'm just a young pup in comparison as I started in the plastic helmet with one bar facemask era. Quite a difference in our ages. Right Mike?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 12:28pm
For cryin' out loud- you guys can't paint my house orange and black!!!!Do you realize how many times the city inspector would show up to tell me I was in violation with the housing code? Youguys want me on that infamous list of 2300 citations? Crap, he might look at my cars on a rainy day and tell me there's some fly hockey on them and it needs to be removed or he'll sight me for Ordinance 4311.03- Excessive fly whammy on an exterior surface. I may be fined more thanif I was a red light camera violator for this! Besides- that orange may look like rust to him and then it would snowball with him looking at my gutters and ..... do you see how this could cause all kinds of problems? After the smoke had cleared, knowing me, I may have to make a trip to a Council meeting and start yelling at the very people I respect so much. This would make me feel very uncomfortable and I would regret verbally abusing some of my favorite city leaders. Please reconsider your painting proposal.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 10:21am
I have not damaged someones house in a long time. I am in 
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 10:19am
Randy - I know I had high hopes for ole Vet. But he turned down our beer & hotwings so the only thing we can do is GO PAINT HIS HOUSE ORANGE WITH BLACK STRIPES !! LOL

You had me worried for a second Randy. I think Mike would be easy,he'd probably follow us through broken glass and hell fire for a keg & hotwings. LOL

Maybe we should get Vet down to Hooters, if Hooters can't turn him then there is no hope. LOL
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Hermes Hermes wrote:

Vet - Open face leather helmets ? Is that the type ole Daniel Boone wore when he played with the Pioneers ? LOL Yeah they showed no mercy back in the day for quarterbacks. Quarterbacks were fair game all the way. If they could damage the quarterback,break a leg,sprain an ankle or a back it was a good day. LOL Come out of the closet Vet !! I know there is a Bengal fan in there just screaming to show itself !

Randy - You would betray me for a keg ?!! Will there be hotwings too ? (I might turn to the darkside for a keg and hotwings)

WHO DEY GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL ? DEM BENGALS DAT WHO !!
Hermes I would never betray you for a keg. I was going to steal the keg and bring it to your place and lock the door and we could drink for free and watch them Bengals win that title. I think we can win mike over but the vet may be a lost cause.Unhappy
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:48am
Vet - Open face leather helmets ? Is that the type ole Daniel Boone wore when he played with the Pioneers ? LOL Yeah they showed no mercy back in the day for quarterbacks. Quarterbacks were fair game all the way. If they could damage the quarterback,break a leg,sprain an ankle or a back it was a good day. LOL Come out of the closet Vet !! I know there is a Bengal fan in there just screaming to show itself !

Randy - You would betray me for a keg ?!! Will there be hotwings too ? (I might turn to the darkside for a keg and hotwings)

WHO DEY GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL ? DEM BENGALS DAT WHO !!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

Note to Mike Dickerson:  CANCEL that keg I ordered to take to the MiddletownUSA Superbowl Party!!!
No one mentioned a keg !! Mike I humbly apologize and you are welcomed with open arms. For a keg we can kick out Hermes Big%20smile
Just kidding Hermes.  
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:47am
Note to Mike Dickerson:  CANCEL that keg I ordered to take to the MiddletownUSA Superbowl Party!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:41am
Yer Honor--I OBJECT!!!  Not only are these folks violating the "separation of church and sports and state" clause, but they are also now guilty of PERJURY!!!

Please ask the prosecutor to cite ANY source wherein I took ANY sides in the matter at hand (except agin them new-fangled plastic helmets with the face bar.  I reserve my right to continue to wear my trusty, rusty LEATHER helmet.  (Maybe I wore it TOO long, and that's why I'm in this discussion in the FIRST PLACE??? LOL)
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:26am
Ok Ok I do agree that game of football has gotten soft when it comes to the quarterbacks. That is the first good point you have made as it pertains to football. But the constant bad mouthing of my beloved Bengals is.....well it is borderen on illegal. I will not stand for much more of it Angry

I think Hermes and my have to get together and show you some tough WHO DEY love Big%20smile

I think come December as Hermes and I are drinking beer and eating hot wings,  you will be begging for a seat out our table,you and Mike. But the table will be full Big%20smile  Just remember that we tried to bring you to the light. And when the Bengals beat the Ravens the next stop is the Super Bowl 
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 7:03am
Yeah Mike, and back then you could actually hit the quarterback and bloody his mouth a little. None of this "don't touch the quarterback, he's precious" crap and "you might damage his delicate little carcass". Can you imagine Butkus, Nitchsky (sp)?, Sam Huff or Jack Lambert trying to deal with the "hands off the quarterback" rules of today? Would they be ! (Can you tell I like defense)
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 6:53am
Actually, on any given Sunday, I support whoever is playing the Bengals. Next week, it happens to be the Ravens. Don't necessarily support the Ravens. They just happen to be playing the Bengals. The following week, I will support the Bears or the Texans- whoever. Anyone but them thare " hey Rocky, want to see me pull a rabbit out of my hat" Bengals.

Wow! a 45 yard penalty just for that? Mercy! 2nd and long? I'll screen it, rely on my blocking. If I don't make it, I'll hitch and go for the long gainer. After that, I'll punt and rely on my defense.

Listening to WLW on the way to work this AM and those Cincy 's were STILL talking about that run by Palmer. You won the game people- let it be-let's move on. Baltimore awaits!   
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 6:49am
Vet, I remember those good ol' days--back before they ruined the game by moving the uprights back and introducing those new-fangled plastic helmets with face bars!!
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 9:59pm

When did the Bears move to Baltimore ? LOL A few post up Vet you were supporting Ravens.

Come on Vet don't get yourself banned we need you on here,just take the oath the way it was written. It's a 45 yard penalty for changing the wording of the oath. So your 2nd & long. LOL
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 8:07pm
The Bears!  Really The Bears ! Angry Have you been drinking today ? I cant believe you would say something  thing like that. I will have to talk to Hermes and some others I may have to use Admin powers and ban you till after football season.  Wink
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 7:55pm
OK- here goes Randy and Hermes- "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully support the Bears for this season, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Chicago Bears. I will watch every game that is televised that the Bears play. I will drink cold beer (s) and eat hot wings when presented to me in honor of the Chicago Bears. In respect to Randy and Hermes I will never mention another team unless that team is currently engaged in play with the Chicago Bears. This is my oath I swear." ....I tried- just can't make that commitment. Darn!!! You know guys, I've been watching pro football since the days of Jim Brown, Sam Huff, Dick Modesleski (sp?), Deacon Jones, Y.A.Tittle, Lou Groza, Bart Starr, etc. and I just got use to seeing people who knew how to play the game at all positions. Dem Bagels just don't cut the mustard in meeting these standards. Just can't support their level of football.    Disappointing isn't it?
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

Hey, you people!!!  This is getting dangerously close to violating the "Separation of church and sports and state" provision of the first amendment!!!  The ACLU may be coming after you (if they can get past USC).

LOL
BOOOO!!!
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 6:10pm
Hey, you people!!!  This is getting dangerously close to violating the "Separation of church and sports and state" provision of the first amendment!!!  The ACLU may be coming after you (if they can get past USC).

LOL
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 1:00pm
This is a one time offer Vet. I hope you take it, I dont think we are asking to much ...
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Hermes Hermes wrote:

I'll go along with Randy's suggestion,Vet get on the wagon now and forget about Baltimore. Denounce Baltimore and swear your allegiance to the Bengals.

Take the following oath :
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully support the Bengals  for this season, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Cincinnati Bengals. I will watch every game that is televised that the Bengals play. I will drink cold beer and eat hot wings when presented to me in honor of the Cincinnati Bengals. In respect to Randy & Hermes I will never mention another team unless that team is currently engaged in play with the Cincinnati Bengals. This is my oath I swear."
  Amen
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 11:52am
I'll go along with Randy's suggestion,Vet get on the wagon now and forget about Baltimore. Denounce Baltimore and swear your allegiance to the Bengals.

Take the following oath :
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully support the Bengals  for this season, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Cincinnati Bengals. I will watch every game that is televised that the Bengals play. I will drink cold beer and eat hot wings when presented to me in honor of the Cincinnati Bengals. In respect to Randy & Hermes I will never mention another team unless that team is currently engaged in play with the Cincinnati Bengals. This is my oath I swear."
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 8:54am
I was on the edge of my sit the whole time. I found myself calling the tv a few choice names. I love the Bengals and loath the Browns. I really thought we were gonna lose. I will be at the Nov. 27 Bengals Browns game. And I want to make this offer to Vet one time and one time only. Vet, if you want to jump on the bandwagon now is the time. If you wait till super bowl Sunday it will be too late.  I believe I can convince Hermes to let you on the wagon now but i make no promises for later in the year. Its now or never Vet....

WHO DEY!!!!!!!!! 
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 12:02am
The fight in Ohio was a good game. I was  tetering all the way,I kept changing stations then coming back. I just knew Cincy was going to blow it and they came close,really close. The Browns put up a fight, best they've played since last year.

But I've got a lot more sweating to do yet. LOL
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2009 at 6:21pm
Baltimore, not happy after losing, and in Baltimore . RIP Bengals. Still enjoyed Dave Laugh- him and Brad Jokehanson giggling like little school girls on the radio though. Sometimes, I think Bradley is going to wet his britches with excitement.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic