FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

good for middletown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2010 at 5:49pm
Yes, Welcome Bumper!
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2010 at 6:29am
thanks vet and vivian, with Laubach and Smith im hoping its a good start on  showing the people of middletown that the same old does not work and rid council of the click that has put  middletown in this mess..
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2010 at 4:51pm
Welcome Bumper!

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2010 at 2:40pm
Welcome bumper!!! I, too, was born here in 1948. I remember the bus stop down from G.C. Murphy on Broad St. Caught the Park Place bus next to what is now Beau Verre Studios many times when the green and white Ortman-Stewart buses were running. Remember the Meadowlawn, Crawford St, Lakeside, Upper Arlington buses too. You're correct! Some of Middletown's best days were during the decades of the 50's and 60's. Started to go down hill in the 70's IMO. When the Journal was run by locals, it was a decent newspaper. Then, as more non-Middletown residents took over positions within the Journal, it started to disintegrate as to interesting hometown news. Now, the news stories and the way they are written are a shadow of what they were back then. The talent has retired/ died and has not been replaced. To have the Journal like it was, it would have to be wrestled away from the Dayton Daily News influence. It has become pathetic since being taken over by the DDN. IMO, we on this site, are working on support for candidates like Laubach and Smith. We like the change in attitude and want to remove those in leadership roles that we view as having decimated this town. All of this is JMO of course. Again.... welcome aboard.
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2010 at 12:32pm

Im seeing this web site is good for middletownClap i was born in middletown in 1955  i moved from the middletown area a few years ago, now living in lebanon, it is really sad what the leaders of middletown have done over the many years.. my grandmother lived upstairs next to the MJ.  as a kid grandmom would give me handfull of change, i would head for the bus stop that place was so cool!! i would come out of there with a big bag of goodiesLOL  then i would take walks all over town, middletown was so cool. but then it happend, THE ROOF..   grandmom had to move.. ok enough of that,  back to this web site Clap  and also i will say that i see AJ and josh being on the right trackClap need more just like-em!!  it would be nice if there would be a takeover of the MJ and bring back real news and real reporting back to the people of middletown and surrounding area's..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic