FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Monroe's New Police Car

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monroe's New Police Car
    Posted: Sep 23 2010 at 3:08pm
If Middletown wasn't wasting so much money on crazy ideas like art centers, maybe we could have afforded something like this.

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2010 at 3:35pm
Middletown's New Police Car: LOL
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2010 at 3:55pm
lol funny, and sad because that may be our options soon if things dont change around here.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2010 at 4:18pm
wasteful - your mean as hell  LOL

And actually I don't know why cops in this country need these big huge cruisers. You can't run from them anymore and if you call a cop they take their sweet time getting there,so these big monstrosities are nothing but show and gas guzzlers.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2010 at 5:01pm
The Middletown Downtown version for chasing the Hookers and Drug dealers from the art district:

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2010 at 7:23am
wasteful- it that is indeed, Middletown's new police car, the chief better be watching the number of stops at Milton's and the McDonalds drive-thru. Wouldn't take much for our officers to "outgrow" this car.

The Smart car shown can't possibly be effective in rounding up the hookers and drug dealers downtown. They can outrun it can't they? Too bad the picture only shows the front view. If we had a side view, you would be able to see the key in back. Gets three turns per mile, I believe, and one of the problems would be too much stopping and starting to be effective in apprehending these people. The city would also need to worry about the theft of this car if left unoccupied. One john and three big mamas could pick it up and walk away with it, couldn't they? Wouldn't a golf cart be just as good?
angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2010 at 11:38pm
You can't run from them anymore and if you call a cop they take their sweet time getting there,so these big monstrosities are nothing but show and gas guzzlers.
Chief Whatdahey View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chief Whatdahey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2010 at 2:57pm

They are monstrosities so that after you've fought with a 6'4", 300 lb meth-ed up nut case, you have a place and a way to take them to the jail... and so that they can take the beatings that a cop car receives over it's lifetime. Like driving around 24/7 on various ill repaired or rough city street surfaces or the occasional light unpaved surface use. Besides, it is a rolling office and storage for a lot of equipment that is needed throughout the course of a police officers day. Protective equipment (traffic cones, flares, barrier tapes, Stop Sticks, etc...), firearms (shotguns or rifles, and extra ammunition for when all hell breaks loose, and it does on occasion, etc...), and a big car makes a bigger, better, barricade when someone starts shooting at you (voice of experience),  traffic enforcement equipment (radars, laser...), computers/electronics (video/audio systems so that you and the officer are protected, computers, radios and communications stuff, GPS so they can be located and tracked for better efficiency...) investigations equipment (evidence bags, containers for "sharps", measuring equipment, etc...) rescue and basic first aid items, paperwork items... and would you rather have a big cop show up to stop a bad guy, that has some size and the physical ability to do so, or a small cop that may need to call 4 others to get the job done. It takes a big car to haul a big man (or woman)... (Fitness, strength and "size" is a whole other issue).  We are a long way from just a two knob police radio and a shotgun rack that were standard in the car when I frst started in law enforcement. You are all welcome to go to the academy and put it "ALL" on the line every day in a dangerous, thankless, aggravating, non-politically correct and frustrating job. Not to mention the distinct possibility that when you do your job without passion or prejudice against any person or group or defend yourself or someone else from harm, you are very likely to be disciplined, suspended, chastized, or even fired for doing your job, by the very people that sent you or called you to do so. Sorry folks... rant over... Retirement is grand!

MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chief Whatdahey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2010 at 4:05pm
Folks, the above rant was not pointed at anyone in particular. Just years of pent up frustration spilling over at one moment and I strayed off topic. If anyone took my comments out of hand, my best regards and no ill will intended.  I have had both wonderful and horrendous experiences with both my fellow man and my fellow officers and I guess that jades or skews my perspective a bit. The new Dodge cars are pretty neat and look good, but the local FORD fleet has proven reliable and rugged. There are changes on the horizon in available police vehicles with smaller, "greener" options coming available. Progress and technology in police work are often not always a great thing... but the men and women who do the job are as dedicated, and more educated than any who have gone before, but unfortunately they work with their hands tied by politics, risk of liability (even when all rules, laws, and policies are followed), ambitions or special interests (or lack of) by the entities they work for. Again, not pointed at anyone in particular, just observations and opinion from formerly filling those shoes.
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2010 at 9:57pm
Like most folks,you chose to do that profession and like  so many jobs there are many dangerous elements involved so don't feel like the Long Ranger because there are alot of us who leave home in the morning and don't know if we will return to our families at the end of the day.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2010 at 7:52am
hey x-chief, I pretty much understood your moment in the sunshine.
Police officrs are hardly the problem--the over-crowded courts and jails might be.
tommyhawk is also right on the point.

The crooks and thieves are running wild--and they now out-number honest working people.
I recieved 7 supeonas at the end of last week.
A new 1-day record
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chief Whatdahey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2010 at 10:34pm
Completely agree with both of you T-hawk and Spiderjohn... I was not at all implying that it is the singularly dangerous job, and yes, it was a choice. That was not the point I was hoping to make. Many jobs are dangerous, and none of us know when we wake and leave for work...well, you know the rest...many things can happen to anyone in the course of a day or the blink of an eye. It is a shame that it isn't so dangerous to be a criminal anymore... It would be nice if someone gets 6 months or 60 years, that they do all of it. Force them to be responsible to their crime and society. No rehab, no t.v., no parole or review, no "good time", no anything but food, health maintenance, and a cell for the entire time. Most of those locked up have better quarters and surroundings than our troops in combat. Maybe then we wouldn't have so much of an issue with recidivism... But hey, like I said, progress isn't always a good thing in law enforcement... and "corrections" is such a misnomer... Seems that a lot of "corrected" people keep needing to go back for "correction"... and the door to that is committing another crime... Funny how that is such a revolving door.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic