FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which is it Wimp or Bully?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which is it Wimp or Bully?
    Posted: Jul 30 2012 at 3:25pm

Newsweek continues its highly biased political agenda. As you may recall last May Newsweek declared  “President Obama is The First Gay President” after Obama announced his support for Gay Marriage. With one little photo shop gay halo, Newsweek managed to offend just about everyone in the US except perhaps the 1% US gay community.*

Now Newsweek asks the question of Obama’s Presidential opponent, Is he [Romney] too insecure to be president? Again Newsweek proves is not news. It’s politics of the worst kind, a one sided propaganda machine.

Which is it Wimp or Bully?
This time Newsweak is in conflict with most of the left who refer to Romney as a bully. Romney has been portrayed as a “bully” for allegedly cutting the hair of a boy in grade school, and Obama adviser Robert Gibbs just called Romney to a “prep school bully” this past Sunday.

Yet DNC Chairwoman, Debbie Sasserman-Schultz agrees she had this to say regarding Romney, “The Whimp:”

Full Post: http://mediaabsurdity.com/2012/07/30/the-newsweak-wimp-absurdity/

arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2012 at 6:00pm
I think it's more likely that President Obama is gay than Mitt Romney is a wimp. And just kidding!

But seriously, who would believe anyone could obtain the status Romney has, or even become a Governor, Jimmy Carter aside, while being a wimp?

Come on!
“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2012 at 2:22pm
It's as if Newsweek is saying,

hey I'm over here, look at me, see how outrageous and liberal we are, we are cool

yet no one really cares, actually its foolish, childish and downright goofy if you ask me.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2012 at 3:27pm
From what I have read lately Newsweek isn't doing that great.
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2012 at 7:38pm
I think what they are calling Mr. Romney's "wimp" factor is that he will say anything to anyone at any time if the thinks that is what they want to hear. He changes his mind and his position as quickly as he changes venues and audiences.

My real problem with Mr. Romney is he won't spell out specifics in his proposals. If you can't tell me what you're going to do, I can't vote for you!!! I can't even oppose him because I have no clear understanding of what his proposals are and what they would do for the country. Between that and his "offend everyone" foreign policy trip, it's a wonder that the GOP don't reconsider his nomination!!!
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2012 at 8:25pm
But same can be said about Obama (there are several problems with him).  Notice all his messaging is about "let's go forward not backward" and "hope".  No specifics other than giveaways to voting blocks -- amnesty, gays, etc.  He's like cotton candy --all air.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2012 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by TonyB TonyB wrote:

I think what they are calling Mr. Romney's "wimp" factor is that he will say anything to anyone at any time if the thinks that is what they want to hear. He changes his mind and his position as quickly as he changes venues and audiences.

My real problem with Mr. Romney is he won't spell out specifics in his proposals. If you can't tell me what you're going to do, I can't vote for you!!! I can't even oppose him because I have no clear understanding of what his proposals are and what they would do for the country. Between that and his "offend everyone" foreign policy trip, it's a wonder that the GOP don't reconsider his nomination!!!

What about Obama ? Guess you think hes doing a great job with his "evolving views" four more years of Obama and stick a fork in us cause we are done.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2012 at 6:16am
Four years isn't long enough to fix the previous administration's screw-ups....no matter which party vacated the White House, nor which party comes in to attempt to clean it up. Since Obama has been in the White House, he has attempted to clean up the mess Bush the George left for him and our country. To be unbiased about it, the same can be said when Dem Carter left the country in such a mess and the Repub had to come in and attempt to clean it up. Four years, depending on how clustered the situation is, is not long enough for either party to clean up the mess left by the other.

This roller coaster ride, spawned by the elections every four years, and, usually a change in party in power, offers changes to policies and direction for the country which keep the apple cart constantly unbalanced as to consistency, country priorities and direction. It is no wonder the country......(Washington in particular) is in a constant state of turmoil, change and bickering with regard to accomplishing anything toward making the country stronger. Nothing of any relevance seems to get done with the numbn--- running the country.(or state......or this city- take your pick) Consistency of policies and direction would help alot. Not going to get it with the current methods used. JMO
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2012 at 9:00am
Gentlemen,

Pointing at Obama and saying "Look at him" wasn't the point of the Newsweek article. The article was about Mitt Romney!!! If you'd like to bring up points to refute what I said, that's fine; but "look at Obama" doesn't refute anything!!!

Vet, How long did it take FDR to fix the previous administration's screw-ups? Just a little longer than 4 years. Also, what method would you suggest for consistency of policies and direction? Not sold on the democratic Republican form of government? What do you recommend we replace the Constitution with?
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2012 at 9:29am

Please someone pass me the Obama kool aid so I can join in on warm fuzzy feelings about how he is helping us working class folk.

Heres a point for You if you like Obama then vote for him and give him a chance to "fix" everything then at the end of his second term we can see how it worked out,but for me Id rather vote for any one else even a whimpy Mormon.
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2012 at 9:58am
Bocephus,

Why thank you for your permission to vote for who I believe will do a better job as president! I afford you the same courtesy! Quite frankly, I'd rather have a real choice but based on the candidates being offered, there isn't much to choose from. I guess you'd rather choose someone with the declared goal of reoccupying Iraq, starting a war with Iran, staying in Afghanistan and raising taxes on the middle class to pay for it all. I just can't choose for the walking contradiction that is Mitt Romney. Show me a better choice and I'll consider it.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2012 at 12:28pm
TonyB

"Vet, How long did it take FDR to fix the previous administration's screw-ups? Just a little longer than 4 years. Also, what method would you suggest for consistency of policies and direction? Not sold on the democratic Republican form of government? What do you recommend we replace the Constitution with?"

Tony, my post wasn't meant to be argumentative. It was an unbiased post. It did not offend your Obama candidate, not did it offend the Romney fans. It was merely to point out that there is no consistency in this country's direction when we change administrations as often as we do. I'm not in favor of changing anything in the Constitution. Hell, no one follows it anyway nowadays. I'm not suggesting any policy direction. It's impossible to acheive IMO because we change parties so often with each party having a completely different agenda while running the country, policy direction is impossible to predict. The Senate and Congress are worthless as there is too much bickering across the aisles to achieve any consistency, direction, logical change or any other agenda that would be good for the country. Nothing but children in the sandbox all wanting the only shovel and bucket available. JMO
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2012 at 1:39pm
Vet,

I understand the frustration. There was, in the past, a spirit of bi-partisanship that allowed progress to be achieved. Now, with the "win at any cost" mentality of the political parties, the only winners are the ones who already have their success. Now that those individuals "own" the election process, it will take a real leader with the support of the people to fix this current dilemma.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2012 at 8:46pm
TonyB

"Now that those individuals "own" the election process, it will take a real leader with the support of the people to fix this current dilemma".

OR.......a national catastrophe like 9-11 that BRIEFLY UNITED BOTH PARTIES AND THE PEOPLE AROUND A SINGLE GOAL OF OVERCOMING THE ATTACK ON OUR COUNTRY. WORLD WAR II DID THE SAME THING. ISN'T IT A SHAME THAT WE ARE ONLY UNITED WHILE CONFRONTING A THREATENING PROBLEM FOR THE PEOPLE AND THEIR GOVERNMENT? ANYTHING LESS THAN A TOTAL CATASTROPHE OR A DIRECT THREAT TO OUR WAY OF LIFE AND IT IS BUSINESS AS USUAL....IE- EACH PARTY WANTING VICTORY AT ANY COST WHILE LYING TO THE PEOPLE TO ACHIEVE IT, EACH CANDIDATE WANTING YOUR VOTE AT ELECTION TIME WHILE IGNORING YOU THE OTHER 364 DAYS OF THE YEAR AND EACH PARTY CONTAINING BACKSTABBING SOB'S WHO WANT TO CLIMB THE POLITICAL LADDER NO MATTER WHO THEY STEP ON. IN ESSENCE, WE THE PEOPLE, HAVE NO ONE TO VOTE FOR WHO ISN'T A SCUMBAG AT THE FED AND STATE LEVELS. GOT TO BE TO SURVIVE IN WASHINGTON AND COLUMBUS. (AND, FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON, THE VOTING MAJORITY IS FOND OF LOUSY LEADERSHIP IN THIS TOWN EVEN THOUGH DECENT CHOICES ARE OFFERED FROM TIME TO TIME) THE MAJORITY VOTERS MUST REALLY LIKE TO CREATE MISERY HERE WITH THEIR CHOICES.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic