Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Report Cards are in ..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Report Cards are in ..
    Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 1:17pm
Search Again Search Again   
SchoolDistrictCountyAscendingStandards metPerformance indexOverall Value-Added 
Amanda Elementary SchoolMiddletown CityButlerFDADetails   
Central Academy Nongraded Elementary SchoolMiddletown CityButlerFCDDetails   
Creekview Elementary SchoolMiddletown CityButlerFDADetails   
Highview 6th Grade CenterMiddletown CityButlerFCADetails   
Mayfield Elementary SchoolMiddletown CityButlerFCADetails   
Middletown High SchoolMiddletown CityButlerDCNRDetails   
Middletown Middle SchoolMiddletown CityButlerFCADetails   
Miller Ridge Elementary SchoolMiddletown CityButlerFCADetails   
Rosa Parks Elementary SchoolMiddletown CityButlerDCADetails   
Wildwood Elementary SchoolMiddletown CityButlerFCADetails   
Records 1-10 of 10
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 2:27pm
Based on this chart, it appears that all the so-called "negative" claims made by me and other school critics have been substantiated. Yes, indeed, with data provided, we have information which may be indefensible. Clicking on the details, I like the explanations given for this new grading criteria for each category. A maze created by mega-wizards for the purpose of confusion. How does one sit and think up this nonsense anyway? Guess they have to make up a conglomeration of crap to mask the real performance of a given district. What ever happened to just one grading system, understood by everyone and very user friendly? Wasn't hard to see at a glance......A's and B's are good......C is average (but can't you do a little better), D's are not acceptable but yet not failing at the moment and F's are bad news. Kinda simple. Why all the other rating scales to confuse the issues? Appears to be too many college educated eggheads trying to put their scent on something......and failing miserably.

What say you chmoore1? There's the data.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 2:56pm
Sad even Franklin did way better than Middletown.

Search Again Search Again   
SchoolDistrictCountyAscendingStandards metPerformance indexOverall Value-Added 
Anthony Wayne Elementary SchoolFranklin CityWarrenDCCDetails   
Franklin High SchoolFranklin CityWarrenABNRDetails   
Franklin Junior High SchoolFranklin CityWarrenDCFDetails   
George H Gerke Elementary SchoolFranklin CityWarrenDBCDetails   
Hampton Bennett Early Childhood CenterFranklin CityWarrenNRNRNRDetails   
Hunter Elementary SchoolFranklin CityWarrenABCDetails   
Pennyroyal Elementary SchoolFranklin CityWarrenBCCDetails   
William C Schenck Elementary SchoolFranklin CityWarrenDBADetails   
Records 1-8 of 8

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 3:19pm
Disappointing
Obviously we have a lot of work to do, and I think that we have a good team to bring on improvement.
And they could use a lot of outside help from parents and role models. Let's hope that it happens!
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 4:16pm
Here is a link that lists all the Dayton area counties and scores
http://www.whiotv.com/news/news/education/state-releases-report-cards-area-schools/nZZGj/
Marcia Andrew View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Marcia Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 8:48am
While the letter grades are a new thing, the underlying measures that these grades are based on (at least the ones put out this year) are the same measures that have been on state-generated district report card for years.  So, you can compare and see that Middletown has improved from last year. 
No one is happy with the achievement levels, but we have improvement plans in place that are reviewed each year, and we have been seeing steady improvement for at least 3-4 years. That is why Middletown earned an A in value added growth.  We have been above value added for the last three years in a row.  That means that students in Middletown City schools are learning more than a year's worth each year.  To me, this is the most important grade on the report card, because it shows how well a district is doing in actually improving a student's academic success, rather than just reflect the socio-economic background of the students who walk through its doors. (A news release yesterday from OSBA and OASBO stated that there was a high correlation between test scores for Ohio school districts and the income/poverty levels of the student body).

Middletown's Performance Index rose again, about a point from last year.  It remains a C (Continuous Improvement last year), but it is moving in the right direction.  The Performance Index measures all scores on all tested subjects, and gives weight to which of the 5 levels (Basic, Limited, Proficient, Accelerated, Advanced) a student scores, not just whether or not they passed.  So, it looks at the achievement of all students, not just the ones hovering above or below just passing.

The first letter grade for standards met is Vet's favorite, the old number of indicators reached out of 24.  Middletown reached 8 this year, up from 6 last year. Again, no one is saying we are content with 8 but that is still improvement. On almost every indicator, the percentage of students passing rose, but if you don't hit the magic (arbitrary) 75% district-wide, you don't earn the indicator.  The higher percentage passing does show up indirectly in the Performance Index and the Value Added Growth factors.

The 4 year and 5 year graduation rates also rose from last year -- I don't have the numbers in front of me, but by several percentage points. This is something the district is really working hard to increase, identifying kids at risk of dropping out (or not passing the OGTs) early and getting them extra help. 
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 9:01am
Among Middletown’s letter grades were three “F’s,” three “C’s” and an “A.The Middletown and New Miami districts received an “F” for meeting less than half of the possible 24 indicators,.”wow that's really bad & sad Confused if I would have brought home any F's or D's on my report card, Dad would take away my $2.00 a week allowance and my weekend fun at the skating rink, or any other kind of fun untill the next report card a least showed  C's extra 5 bucks for a B and 10 bucks for an A and oooboy I did my best to keep everything at a C LOL.. that 2 bucks meant alot!! mom would always give me a little moreBig smile.. ok now back to the F's,throwing $$$ for New schools won't change a thing, IMO... now like many back in the day it was sometimes cold in class and the many days of taking test and sweating like a thief in church and I still at least made C"s even took summer school once for more credit and sweating like krazy.. so now gotta ask who's doing all the sleeping in class kids or teachers??
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 9:40am
If you get the Performance index of the schools up to a B. Then I will support the new school. Because once people see a clear improvement in the school, then hopefully people that will begin to move back to Middletown, because school performance is a Major factor when deciding where to move. I hope the Students, Teachers and Parents will rise to this challenge and prove the State and the region that Middletown can be a good school system once again.
ohiostorm View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohiostorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 11:15am
While bringing up the grade from a 40% to a 50% is an improvement it is still flunking.  Failure is Failure. And the Central Academy scores are particularly disturbing. Maybe it is time to save the school system some money and close Central.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 11:23am

I’m also disappointed with the scores of our elementary schools.
However I’m also disappointed as I stand in line at the library and see bags and bags of children’s movies being checked out and not one book for these young children to read.
How do we get these parents to UNPLUG the TV and TURN OFF the cell phones and curl up on the sofa with their child and read a book with them?

Stanky View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 11:35am
Originally posted by ohiostorm ohiostorm wrote:

While bringing up the grade from a 40% to a 50% is an improvement it is still flunking.  Failure is Failure. And the Central Academy scores are particularly disturbing. Maybe it is time to save the school system some money and close Central.

ohiostorm, leave poor Central alone. That special school has it's own approach and follows a model of letting kids learn at their own pace and in their own way. Don't rush them or expect too much! ;-0
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 12:48pm
Ms. Andrew:

"The first letter grade for standards met is Vet's favorite, the old number of indicators reached out of 24. Middletown reached 8 this year, up from 6 last year. Again, no one is saying we are content with 8 but that is still improvement."

8 OUT OF 24 IS NOT AN IMPROVEMENT IF YOU WERE AT 10 OF 24 AT ONE TIME. IT IS TWO INDICATORS SHORT OF THE HIGHEST TO DATE. IN ACTUALITY, THE DISTRICT HAD REGRESSED 4 INDICATORS FROM THE PREVIOUS HIGH AND THEN IMPROVED BY 2. IT WAS A RELAPSE. WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, GOING FROM 6 TO 8 AND CALLING IT AN IMPROVEMENT, WHEN THE NUMBER TO BEAT IS 10, IS MISLEADING INFORMATION. THIS DISTRICT HAS NEVER APPROACHED THE HALF WAY MARK IN INDICATORS MET. IT HAS TAKEN THIS LONG TO REACH TWO SHY OF THE HALFWAY MARK. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO REACH ALL 24? OTHER POOR DISTRICTS HAVE FARED BETTER. IT WAS DECADES, BEFORE THE RAMPANT LOW INCOME/SECTION 8 ONSLAUGHT HAPPENED. THE DISTRICT DIDN'T FARE ANY BETTER BEFORE THE TOWN WAS INFECTED WITH ADDITIONAL LOW INCOME. AFTER DECADES OF NON-IMPROVEMENT COMPLACENCY, ISN'T IT TIME TO FIND A METHOD THAT WILL PRODUCE UPWARD IMPROVEMENT RATHER THAN TO KEEP USING THE SAME OLD REASONS FOR NOT PRODUCING RESULTS? CAN WE GET PAST THE "WE'RE A POOR COMMUNITY", "WE MUST DEAL WITH AN INFUSION OF LOW INCOME HOUSEHOLDS THAT DON'T VALUE EDUCATION" AND "WE'RE DEALING WITH A TOTALLY DIFFERENT DEMOGRAPHIC THAN MOST DISTRICTS ARE" COMMENTS AND ADJUST THE METHODS TO MEET THE CHALLENGES OF EDUCATING THE QUALITY OF KID WE ARE GIVEN TO MEET THESE GOALS? ADAPT TO WHAT YOU ARE GIVEN TO WORK WITH. MANY DO. HAMILTON IS DOING BETTER AND THEY ARE SIMILAR IN DEMOGRAPHICS, RIGHT? HOW ABOUT FRANKLIN'S DISTRICT IMPROVEMENT. SIMILAR DEMOGRAPHICS ALSO. WHAT ARE THEY DOING THAT MIDDLETOWN IS NOT?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 1:14pm
I'm told that Steve Price supported the "planning experts" at city hall via the substantial increase of S8 Housing Choice Vouchers.  This mistake of all mistakes was intended to increase school enrollment as well as public education funding.  Any help on this?
Historic House Guy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 6:35pm
How about letting the kids take their books home to do their homework??? Think THAT might help just a little bit?
itsamee View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsamee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2013 at 12:39pm
That would be great, if they had enough text books for all students to go around....
Itsa me, mario!
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2013 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by itsamee itsamee wrote:

That would be great, if they had enough text books for all students to go around....

Guess since we dont have to pay fee's now we can't Bitch about kids bringing books home to do home work.I myself griped a lot last year about not letting my granddaughter bring a book home to do her home work.
itsamee View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsamee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by LMAO LMAO wrote:

Originally posted by itsamee itsamee wrote:

Guess since we dont have to pay fee's now we can't Bitch about kids bringing books home to do home work.I myself griped a lot last year about not letting my granddaughter bring a book home to do her home work.

I used to work at MCSD.  Truth-be-told, the lack of text books is a point of rage for many of the teachers as well. Many teachers spend (or, at least used to spend) their planning periods making copies of text materials so students would have something to help them learn with.  

On a side note, I have thought about posting up an "ask me anything" on these forums regarding the schools as seen through the eyes of a former employe.  Was not sure if there would be interest on these boards or not.  
Itsa me, mario!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 6:25pm
Itsamee,

It Depends, what was your position?

PacmanCool
wannaknow View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannaknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 6:32am
So what's the solution? Send your children to a low performing school and just hope they can get enough education to make it in life? I am in a quandary. My child goes to Central Academy. I was told it was the most progressive grade school in Middletown.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 6:46am
Originally posted by wannaknow wannaknow wrote:

So what's the solution? Send your children to a low performing school and just hope they can get enough education to make it in life? I am in a quandary. My child goes to Central Academy. I was told it was the most progressive grade school in Middletown.

JUDGING BY THE SCORES LISTED ABOVE, CENTRAL, BEING A NON-GRADED SCHOOL, DOESN'T FARE ANY BETTER THAN THE REST. IF YOU CAN AFFORD THE TUITION, SEND THE CHILDREN TO FENWICK. ANY NON-PUBLIC SCHOOL WILL BE BETTER. MONROE, EDGEWOOD, EVEN FRANKLIN SCHOOLS ARE A BETTER CHOICE AS TO PERFORMANCE. MIDDLETOWN SCHOOLS HAVE NOT FOUND THE ANSWER TO SUCCESS IN DECADES. MAY NEVER BE AS SUCCESSFUL AS THEY ONCE WERE 4 DECADES AGO. NEW THEME TO THE CITY BROUGHT ON BY CITY LEADERS CALLED POVERTY......AND WITH THAT COMES THE EXCESS BAGGAGE OF THE LOWERING OF STANDARDS AND RESULTS. WHEN YOU CREATE A LOW INCOME, POVERTY STRICKEN ENVIRONMENT, SOMETIMES YOU YIELD WHAT THAT ENVIRONMENT OFFERS.
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 8:19am
wth is going on with these kids ?? A 13-year-old Middletown Middle School student was charged with criminal mischief after he allegedly smeared feces on the wall of the girls bathroom in the auditorium.. this child should be somewhere besides school.. ...could this be the results of people on drugs having kids being this messed up ?? IMO( im no doc)  but this child has a  mental health disorder!! I would hope if the parents don't do it that the court would put him in a mental health facility and hope for the best....Confused
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 9:14am
It could be a result of multiple things, lack of discipline and respect of parents.The obsession with being the next big YouTube viral video by doing something stupid. The overall lack of respect for authority by the new generations. And I don't care attitude by parents. And because of all of this, the Schools are not only needing to teach kids in the classroom, they are also now having to be parental figures to these kids because the parents don't want to do it.
They would rather spread there legs and have a good time, rather than think about how their poor decisions not only could impact the child they bring into this world by not raising them, but also the impact on the community for having to pick up for their lack of responsibility.
itsamee View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsamee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Pacman Pacman wrote:

Itsamee,

It Depends, what was your position?

PacmanCool

Due to wanting to stay as anonymous as possible on the Internet (right, NSA?) I am a little hesitant to throw out what I used to do there. I can say, I had daily interaction with teachers and faculty. I was actually contracted by an outside source and spent several years in the district.  
Itsa me, mario!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 12:05pm
WELL, HERE IT COMES......THE OLD "THE NUMBERS DON'T TELL THE WHOLE STORY" EXPLANATION. I BELIEVE WE HAVE HEARD THIS BEFORE.

School districts: Report card data doesn’t tell full story

Educators in Middletown and Hamilton say they are disappointed with the letter grades their schools received on the new state report card, but added the scores don’t tell the whole story about academic growth in the two districts.

The report cards, released last week by the Ohio Department of Education, provide data pieces on the performance of all students on state-mandated tests, how much growth students made in the course of a year, and a school building’s ability to ensure success for all students regardless of income, race or disability.

In Middletown City Schools, eight of nine school buildings recorded an “A” for overall value-added.

At Amanda Elementary in Middletown, principal Candace Dillon said for the first time in the school’s history, students met the state indicator for fourth grade reading. The school has only met one other indicator in the past — fourth-grade writing in 2004.

“Our school has had a history of academic struggles, but we’re making increases every year,” Dillon said, who’s entering her fifth year as principal.

BUT DILLON, IF YOU WERE "MAKING INCREASES EVERY YEAR", THAT WOULD REFLECT IN THE YEARLY REPORTS WOULDN'T IT? IT STATES IN THE PARAGRAPH ABOVE THAT THE SCHOOL HAS ONLY MET ONE OTHER INDICATOR IN THE PAST-FOURTH GRADE WRITING IN 2004. HOW CAN YOU BE MAKING INCREASE EVERY YEAR IF 2004 WAS THE ONLY YEAR TO SEE AN INDICATOR MET? MAKE ANY SENSE TO ANYBODY? CONFUSED TALK.

Dillon said even though Amanda didn’t meet the state standards for test scores, the school did exceed one year’s expected growth for all students in math and reading. Dillon said her students made an average of two to three years growth during the 2012-13 school year.

“We made such nice gains but we were so low to begin with,” Dillon said. “The new report card doesn’t show the gains.”

TRANSLATION.....WE WERE SO LOW TO BEGIN WITH, WE WEREN'T EVEN ON THE RADAR TO MEET AN EVALUATION. WHEN WE DID SHOW IMPROVEMENT, IT STILL WASN'T ENOUGH TO MEET MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NOR REGISTER ON THE RADAR SCREEN TO SHOW POSITIVE GAINS.

Amanda Elementary’s performance index score has increased from 66 points in 2009 to 80 points in 2012. Dillon said the steady improvement over the past five years tells her the interventions in place to improve student learning are working

BUT EVEN AFTER 5 YEARS AND SHOWING IMPROVEMENT DURING THAT TIME, AMANDA RECORDED POOR NUMBERS AND WAS STILL TOO LOW TO SHOW A MEASURABLE IMPROVEMENT.

Two miles down the road, Rosa Parks Elementary was the only Middletown elementary school not to receive an “F” for meeting the state standard in test scores. The school received a “D” grade for a majority of students testing proficient in third and fourth grade reading and math. Fifth graders at Rosa Parks didn’t test proficient in math, reading or science

"ONLY ELEMENTARY TO NOT RECEIVE AN F". KINDA TELLS IT ALL DOESN'T IT? ROSA PARKS WAS THE BEST WITH A D GRADE. WHEN YOU ARE IN A GROUP WHERE ALL ARE ON THE BOTTOM. IT ISN'T HARD TO SHINE WITH A BELOW AVERAGE GRADE. SAD EPITAPH FOR THE MIDD. SCHOOLS. WHEN WILL WE START TO RAISE THE BAR AND LESSEN THE MEDIOCRITY? EVERYONE ELSE HAS. WE HAVE BEEN SATISFIED WITH BELOW AVERAGE FOR QUITE A WHILE NOW.

NOW WAIT A MINUTE......

“The student data doesn’t lie,” said principal Ted Jebens. “The data shows you where you’re strong and weak.”

NOW TED, YOUR STATEMENT KINDA GOES AGAINST THE OLD "REPORT DOESN'T TELL THE WHOLE STORY" TITLE ABOVE. DON'T MAKE THE "EXCUSE FOLKS" LOOK BAD.

Jebens said for the 2013-14 state report card next year, Rosa Parks will have an added subgroup of English as a Second Language. Schools must have at least 30 students in a subgroup for it to become a recognized subgroup at a particular building

ENGLISH AS A "SECOND LANGUAGE" HUH? RIDICULOUS. IN THIS COUNTRY, ENGLISH WAS DECLARED THE PRIMARY LANGUAGE AND HAS BEEN FOR A LONG TIME. GONNA LIVE HERE, SPEAK ENGLISH. GONNA LIVE IN MEXICO, ACCEPT SPANISH AS THE PRIMARY. SORRY, TOO OLD SCHOOL TO ACCEPT ANYTHING ELSE.
Marcia Andrew View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcia Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 4:01pm
Vet, why did you leave out the part of the article where the Journal reported that 8 of 9 Middletown school buildings earned an "A" for Value Added, meaning students learned more than a year's worth in a year? 
You are always comparing Middletown schools to Hamilton schools.  What grade did Hamilton schools earn for Value Added (hint: the answer was in the article that you selectively quoted from).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic