FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Time to go?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FmrMide81 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FmrMide81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time to go?
    Posted: Sep 01 2018 at 12:16am
Let's face it-this site has "jumped the shark" long ago. It is a mere shadow of it's former self and is not relevant to everyday cares and concerns of all but a few citizens-and some of those few don't even have skin in the game. Mr. Beagle I've had a grand time in years past on your two boards and the Monroe board seems to still serve a purpose to the community there but this one has become a one trick pony show that reeks of desperation for attention that is never going to materialize. Perhaps it's time to shutter this forum and maybe try to develop some other type of online product that may attract a wider swath of Middletown citizens. It just seems that if you can not check into a forum and not miss a thing then it's not a healthy forum. As Gordon Ramsey says when discovering a smelly, rotten  kitchen-"Shut It Down!!"
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2018 at 9:40am
Perhaps FmrMide81, but then again, we would then be left with only the Journal for our news on city affairs and we all know what kind of newspaper the Journal has become. It is a one sided, non-objective reporting mouthpiece for the city and publishes only the positive issues as it is told to do. Objective journalism would also have them reporting the negative issues as well. They do not do objective journalism. Hell, most of the time, they don't even proofread their articles.

Where would we get the unprinted information that is contained in these forum pages? Much of what is posted here doesn't make it to the Journal for obvious reasons. The failures reported here, based on facts presented, never make it to the Journal pages. Those who still care about this city, want to know what is really going on here, not what is delivered in the pages of the local newspaper. If we relied on the Journal, we would only get half the story, the city half, as opposed to the full story.

This site offers the "other side of things" and it is available to those who wish to read all aspects from city activity, not the rose-colored Journal version.

No, this long time Middletown citizen wants to know the entire picture, not just the one painted by the Adkins mouthpiece. IMO, this site still has value and that value should not be dissolved because the participation is down due to the apathy of the people living here. It should be available to anyone who wishes to know the negatives to counteract the surface fluff propaganda the city likes to shovel.

If we eliminate this site, we will remove the watchdog portion of this city. That gives Adkins and his supporters the win and eliminates any policing of his administration. He would love that. Adkins and his people are ruining this city and he should not be allowed to win here by shutting this down. Just look at what this town has become. A drug haven. A bombed out downtown/former 2nd Ward area look. Poor streets. Rampant crime. A low income HUD mecca. Lower class citizen attraction. No decent paying jobs. Decent people moving out. No entertainment venues. Poor schools. Much negativity, little to be positive about. Shouldn't we have some citizen oversight, especially with the way things are in this city? People can still read the posts. It is not necessary they participate to benefit from it's content. JMO
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Historic House Guy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2018 at 2:28pm
Good one VietVet, lol! This site is nothing but a group of old curmudgeon's on a keyboard. They have sold off any invested interest in this town or moved. They will even discourage anything new that will come along. This town needs an enema! 
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2018 at 3:39pm
Was going to back off posting here but sometimes.......

Now wait just a minute House Guy. Did you or did you not move to another place in Kentucky a while ago? If the folks on here want to slam Analytical for his posts while living in another location, shouldn't the same hold true for you as well? As middiemom has posted, you have no skin in this game either, just as she has mentioned concerning Analytical.

If by "old curmudgeons" of this community, you mean those who care about their city while having an entirely different viewpoint than the Adkins believing, downtown supporting, we are "moving in the right direction" folks, then you are correct. Need to remember, while you are labeling us as "old curmudgeons", your time is coming to belong to the "old" category as well. Everyone takes their turn and no one is spared growing old, both in age and in their ways. You too, will have developed opinions about how it should be based on your experiences of what has and what will work. Newer ideas are not necessarily the answer all the time. You will see the light as you grow older. I have been here since 1948 with a few years in the military away from town. I have not "sold off any investment" in this city and have not decided to move away as many respected families have done as things have deteriorated in the city over the past three decades. I have chosen to stay despite the extremely poor school system, the wasted money spent on new schools, and the nonsense that has transpired the past three decades as to city operation. I have watched a city ruined before my eyes and I'm incensed about it. Damage has been done now and it angers me to know the city can't be brought back to respectability. The newer folks, described above, don't know any better and accept the newer ideas as workable. I don't. Nothing has been eye opening enough to judge in favor of labeling the city a success. The current theme has been worked on for decades and has made turtle paced progress at best. The downtown is proof. Millions spent. Few results given the millions spent. The slogan "bright past" is very much true and has been documented. The other part of the slogan, "brighter future" has yet to be seen and, IMO, may never be seen in it's current form of development. JMO

You are correct about one thing in your post. The town needs an enema. It needs to be purged of the current city theme and leaders so that we can get on with changing the priorities and developmental direction to better accomodate the blue collar demographics of the city.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
redbengals View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote redbengals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2018 at 10:09am
Why make things better for the blue collar or working class? we must spend lots of money on the airport! 
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote redbengals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2018 at 10:11am
This site still could serve a purpose, the problem would be, getting people to buy into caring about what goes on when we are not looking. 

I assure you that Adkins counts on people not paying attention! 
FmrMide81 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FmrMide81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2018 at 10:05pm
{ a tumbleweed rolls by...}
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbengals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2018 at 12:01am
Originally posted by FmrMide81 FmrMide81 wrote:

{ a tumbleweed rolls by...}

Perhaps we can make an art project out of said tumbleweed and sell it on first friday
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic