FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

0.25% Income Tax Proposal by Mulligan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 0.25% Income Tax Proposal by Mulligan
    Posted: Jun 24 2018 at 11:10am
Well, just a matter of time before Mulligan and his band of yes men, councilpuppets decided to propose some more taxes on an otherwise extremely poor community and it's residents.(no need for a vote...already approved because it is what Mulligan wants and the other councilmembers are required to vote his way historically). No thinking required. No questions asked. No resistance allowed. Just follow the bouncing ball toward approval.

Since they have squandered the gas tax funds over time (where did all the money go in the last few decades from the gas tax?) and have not restarted the Street Repair Fund they eliminated in the 80's during the Becker regime, here in 2018, Mulligan and company are now proposing we citizens fund yet another tax to replenish the money they raided many years ago for their little pet projects funneled through that black hole known as the General Fund. We all know it is the fund where earmarked, specific use money goes to be re-channeled for other purposes. When they have spent (wasted) this new money, they will eventually ask the people for more tax money down the road. It is the trend here. No frugality. Just spend all you can tax is their theme and has been for years.

When it appears on the ballot, just say no. Of course, when we the people do that, they will always reply by laying the guilt back on the people scolding them for not wanting better streets. Has nothing to do with not wanting better streets. Has everything to do with an attempt to teach them to use our money more wisely, an impossible task at this point. (Same holds true with the school board by the way) If we fail a levy, the school board always answers with the proverbial......"you're punishing the kids" routine.

Obviously we all want better streets and a decent education for the kids but what neither the city nor the schools understand is that we are not willing to give them more money and see it either used for other purposes or see the money wasted on a continued lousy education for the kids. If things would change for the better in the city and the schools, and we could see some positive progress, it would be a different story. To date, neither has happened......at least when you compare the millions spent over the years versus the end result toward measurable progress. The millions spent doesn't come close to the anemic outcome produced by the city and the schools. Give them more and they will spend it quickly.....but don't ever expect to get anything worthwhile for your money Middletown. Sad.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
buddhalite View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddhalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2018 at 2:24pm
Ain't it something.....

Like a kid who wastes his allowance on penny candy then comes back asking for more when the ice cream truck comes round the corner - so is the city leadership.

What an absolute crock of nonsense....with all the money these dolts waste, they want more?

I'm with Vet - just say no.  Yeah, they'll blame us and shame us - but I'm not giving them another dime.  I don't care who gets elected this round or any other - many municipalities make it on less or none - and they way it's going I think we need to give them none.  If we give them nothing - they can't waste that.

Get 'em Vet!
"Every government intervention [in the marketplace] creates unintended consequences, which lead to calls for further government interventions." -Ludwig van Mises
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic