FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2nd fire at Middletown Paperboard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2nd fire at Middletown Paperboard
    Posted: Apr 17 2020 at 9:12pm
Journal story about the second fire at the old Middletown Paperboard plant. The second fire seems to be started in a garage by yet another homeless person. Time to bulldoze the site isn't it Middletown before someone dies there. Knock it down, haul it away and clear the lot for yet another green space in the city. No other options is there? It looks bad as you enter the city from the south on Rt 4. I know you are obsessed with the appearance around your downtown area and this should help your cause.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
buddhalite View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddhalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2020 at 4:53pm
It's sad.  We the taxpayers stuck with the bill again.

Why?

Oh yes, years and decades of mismanagement and all eggs in one basket leadership have brought us to this point.

Thanks to all who made it possible.  I can see my sewer and water rates getting hiked again already.

Agreed it is an eyesore.  Who owns the land?
"Every government intervention [in the marketplace] creates unintended consequences, which lead to calls for further government interventions." -Ludwig van Mises
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2020 at 9:56am
Looking at the Butler County Auditor's website, it appears that as of January of this year the State took ownership of the property, then transferred it a few days later to the Butler County Land Bank, who immediately transferred it to the City of Middletown.
There are two types of people: those that talk the talk and those that walk the walk. People who walk the walk sometimes talk the talk but most times they don't talk at all, 'cause they walkin.'
buddhalite View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddhalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2020 at 9:06pm
Maybe we should allow Butler Tech to bring in some of their students to demolish the remains and learn how to use some big equipment?

The city's incompetent leadership has placed a huge burden upon the taxpayers.  The sad part - this is far from the end of this nonsense.
"Every government intervention [in the marketplace] creates unintended consequences, which lead to calls for further government interventions." -Ludwig van Mises
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic