<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : Square Foot Gardening Workshop</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : Community Events : Square Foot Gardening Workshop</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 20:58:26 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Fri, 10 Apr 2009 04:11:10 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=1177</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>Square Foot Gardening Workshop : Eric,  Thank you for the comments....</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1177&amp;PID=5582&amp;title=square-foot-gardening-workshop#5582</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=213">Paul Nagy</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1177<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;10&nbsp;2009 at 4:11am<br /><br />Eric,<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thank you for the comments. Yes, there is a student (Christy Mitchell) who is working hard at getting interest from the community in neighborhood gardens. Anyone interested should contact her. There are many students involved in community projects that don't get the recognition for it. Its a great asset to the community. I applaud the great involvement of Miami University Downtown&nbsp;for the many things that you are doing for the community. I hope that the participation by the community in those programs will get stronger and stronger. People can learn about those programs through the newspaper, web sites and other media and I hope they will be watching out for them. I still would like to do a Square&nbsp;Foot Gardening Workshop with you soon. Thanks for posting.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Regards,</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Paul Nagy</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 10 Apr 2009 04:11:10 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1177&amp;PID=5582&amp;title=square-foot-gardening-workshop#5582</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Square Foot Gardening Workshop : Kudos, Paul, for continuing to...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1177&amp;PID=5516&amp;title=square-foot-gardening-workshop#5516</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=95">Eric Melbye</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1177<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;07&nbsp;2009 at 11:09pm<br /><br />Kudos, Paul, for continuing to champion square foot gardening and the environment.<br><br>If my memory is correct, a student in MUM's new Bachelor of Integrative Studies degree program recently designed a service-learning project to create community gardens in Middletown. I haven't heard how the project is going, but it's nice to see that some of our students are as involved in the community as our nonacademic citizens are.<br>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 07 Apr 2009 23:09:48 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1177&amp;PID=5516&amp;title=square-foot-gardening-workshop#5516</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Square Foot Gardening Workshop : Vivian,   Sorry I haven&amp;#039;t...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1177&amp;PID=5509&amp;title=square-foot-gardening-workshop#5509</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=213">Paul Nagy</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1177<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;07&nbsp;2009 at 4:54pm<br /><br /><P>Vivian, </P><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Sorry I haven't answered sooner. I've been in over my head with stuff. the answer is yes. We do have community gardens. The one mentioned at the Community center was pretty good last year. The problem with community gardens is that by July people get tired of it and let it go to weeds and it doesn't look good. That's just another reason for putting the garden in square foot garden beds. It looks landscaped and there are no weeds of any significance. Also, the city has been good about designating certain lots for community gardens when requested. This year, with the economy the way it is, a couple of community square foot gardens would be wonderful. They are about&nbsp;three to five times more productive than straight row gardens. Any volunteers?</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Good luck tonight at city hall.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Paul Nagy&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 07 Apr 2009 16:54:40 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1177&amp;PID=5509&amp;title=square-foot-gardening-workshop#5509</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Square Foot Gardening Workshop :  If the all-knowing City Manager...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1177&amp;PID=5508&amp;title=square-foot-gardening-workshop#5508</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=269">Truth Teller</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1177<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;07&nbsp;2009 at 4:21pm<br /><br /><p>If the all-knowing City Manager and the so-called Community Revitalization Department have their way, plan on multiple residential&nbsp;demolition projects occurring that will produce non-marketable vacant lots mostly in low-income census tracts.&nbsp; Community gardens would be one approach to put these otherwise useless parcels to good use.</p><p>On a positive note, congratulations to Paul Nagy for being Middletown's staunchest advocate for square foot gardening.&nbsp; If only the power brokers entrenched at One Donham Plaza would listen to people like Gary Barge, Vivian Moon, Mike Presta and you!</p>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 07 Apr 2009 16:21:31 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1177&amp;PID=5508&amp;title=square-foot-gardening-workshop#5508</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Square Foot Gardening Workshop : I&amp;#039;m sure the food pantries...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1177&amp;PID=5436&amp;title=square-foot-gardening-workshop#5436</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=257">riverwind</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1177<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;03&nbsp;2009 at 7:07am<br /><br />I'm sure the food pantries would appreciate the veggies.<br><br>And gardening is good for your health, both the work and eating the results.<br><br>River Wind<br>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 03 Apr 2009 07:07:41 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1177&amp;PID=5436&amp;title=square-foot-gardening-workshop#5436</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Square Foot Gardening Workshop : riverwind That&amp;#039;s what I...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1177&amp;PID=5435&amp;title=square-foot-gardening-workshop#5435</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1177<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;03&nbsp;2009 at 6:48am<br /><br />riverwind<DIV>That's what I was thinking also. I think a lot of people in this town could use some&nbsp;fresh produce for their table...or donate the fresh veggies to a food pantry.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 03 Apr 2009 06:48:31 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1177&amp;PID=5435&amp;title=square-foot-gardening-workshop#5435</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Square Foot Gardening Workshop : I think that garden plots are...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1177&amp;PID=5433&amp;title=square-foot-gardening-workshop#5433</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=257">riverwind</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1177<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;03&nbsp;2009 at 6:36am<br /><br />I think that garden plots are available near the Community Center on Lafayette.<br><br>Also, I wonder if people who live near a vacant lot where a building has been demolished could get together and use that lot for a neighborhood garden. Would the city allow this?<br><br>Just a thought.<br>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 03 Apr 2009 06:36:08 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1177&amp;PID=5433&amp;title=square-foot-gardening-workshop#5433</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Square Foot Gardening Workshop : Paul  Do we have any community...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1177&amp;PID=5432&amp;title=square-foot-gardening-workshop#5432</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1177<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;03&nbsp;2009 at 5:38am<br /><br /><P =Ms&#111;normal style="MARGIN: 0.75pt"><SPAN lang=EN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-ansi-: EN"><FONT size=3>Paul <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P><P =Ms&#111;normal style="MARGIN: 0.75pt"><SPAN lang=EN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-ansi-: EN"><FONT size=3>Do we have any community vegetable gardens here in Middletown to help feed the hungry?<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P><P =Ms&#111;normal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-ansi-: EN"><o:p><FONT size=3>&nbsp;</FONT></o:p></SPAN></P><P>&nbsp;</P>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 03 Apr 2009 05:38:02 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1177&amp;PID=5432&amp;title=square-foot-gardening-workshop#5432</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Square Foot Gardening Workshop : There is going to be two Square...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1177&amp;PID=5428&amp;title=square-foot-gardening-workshop#5428</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=213">Paul Nagy</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1177<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;02&nbsp;2009 at 5:49pm<br /><br /><p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;There is going to be two Square Foot gardening Workshops at Bern's Garden Center Saturday, April the 4th, at 11:00 to 1:00 and at 2:00 to 4:00. </p><br /><div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;If you like to garden but don't want to buy expensive tools, pull weeds, use lots of poisonous fertilizers then the Square Foot Gardening Workshop is for you. Square Foot Gardening allows you to garden in 1/5 the space with no heavy digging, no tilling, no weeds with five times the harvest of vegetables, herbs and flowers.</div><br /><div> </div><br /><div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;SFG allows gardening for children, Seniors, disabled, schools, businesses, churches and public buildings. </div><br /><div> </div><br /><div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Its a lot of fun. The cost is only $5.00 per person. I hope you will come.</div><br /><p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Paul Nagy</p>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 02 Apr 2009 17:49:27 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1177&amp;PID=5428&amp;title=square-foot-gardening-workshop#5428</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>