<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : VAULT AT CEMETERY</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : About Middletown : VAULT AT CEMETERY</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 02:39:52 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Mon, 22 Jun 2009 12:49:00 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=1208</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>VAULT AT CEMETERY : Soooo!- after all of that dialogue,...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1208&amp;PID=7590&amp;title=vault-at-cemetery#7590</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1208<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;22&nbsp;2009 at 12:49pm<br /><br />Soooo!- after all of that dialogue, I have another question to ask from you folks, my learned collegues. How is this issue handled? When folks buy a cemetery plot to eventually be laid to rest, who owns the plot once they are buried? <DIV><strong><FONT color=#0000ff>Those that are buried there own the plot. The missing Perpetual Care Fund would have paid for the trimming and or&nbsp;cutting down the overgrown shrubs by the City.</FONT><BR></strong>Does the plot remain with the family and revert to the survivors as owners, or, once deceased, the plot reverts back into ownership by the cemetery? <BR>If the decendants still own the plot, then I don't need permission from the city to do anything to said plot. I can remove the bush with no permission needed. <BR><strong><FONT color=#0000ff>Vet since this is your family you can care for their plots and stone...however to be on the safe side if you will email me I will send the photo that you need to email to the City. You will need to contact Mari Lynn, Engineers Office at 425-7913 and get&nbsp;her to email you permission to remove these shrubs and carry it with you when you go to the cemetery if the cops stop you. Tell her the stone is located in the East Addition. She will look it up on my web page.</FONT></strong><BR>Spider- you mentioned that I should just remove the bush and disregard the actions of the city as a consequence. Still undecided whether I want to deal with the city's crap as a result of my actions. That's what prompted the question on obtaining permission. Just don't want a cop car driving up when I'm busy chopping the bush down. Don't want to listen to a lecture from the cop about "overstepping my boundries". </DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 22 Jun 2009 12:49:00 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1208&amp;PID=7590&amp;title=vault-at-cemetery#7590</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>VAULT AT CEMETERY : Soooo!- after all of that dialogue,...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1208&amp;PID=7584&amp;title=vault-at-cemetery#7584</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=114">VietVet</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1208<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;22&nbsp;2009 at 11:16am<br /><br />Soooo!- after all of that dialogue, I have another question to ask from you folks, my learned collegues. How is this issue handled? When folks buy a cemetery plot to eventually be laid to rest, who owns the plot once they are buried? Does the plot remain with the family and revert to the survivors as owners, or, once deceased, the plot reverts back into ownership by the cemetery? If the decendants still own the plot, then I don't need permission from the city to do anything to said plot. I can remove the bush with no permission needed. Spider- you mentioned that I should just remove the bush and disregard the actions of the city as a consequence. Still undecided whether I want to deal with the city's crap as a result of my actions. That's what prompted the question on obtaining permission. Just don't want a cop car driving up when I'm busy chopping the bush down. Don't want to listen to a lecture from the cop about "overstepping my boundries".]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:16:20 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1208&amp;PID=7584&amp;title=vault-at-cemetery#7584</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>VAULT AT CEMETERY : By your own admission , &amp;#034;I...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1208&amp;PID=7583&amp;title=vault-at-cemetery#7583</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1208<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;22&nbsp;2009 at 10:27am<br /><br />By your own admission , "I had already issued the ultimatum 5 years ago". Well, issuing the ultimatum hasn't done any of us any good for five years so far.<DIV><FONT color=#0000ff><strong>Mr. Nagy, again you are wrong. Nothing and I do mean nothing,&nbsp;had been done at the cemetery for years, it was an overgrown weed patch&nbsp;until I<FONT color=#0000ff> </FONT></strong></FONT><FONT color=#0000ff><strong>issued the ultimatum 5 years ago. <BR></strong><FONT color=#000000>In her opinion Vivian Moon says its her way or the highway.&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT><BR><strong>No Mr. Nagy...the LAW states it should be OUR way. </strong></FONT></DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 22 Jun 2009 10:27:59 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1208&amp;PID=7583&amp;title=vault-at-cemetery#7583</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>VAULT AT CEMETERY : I was there when you refused the...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1208&amp;PID=7578&amp;title=vault-at-cemetery#7578</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=213">Paul Nagy</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1208<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;22&nbsp;2009 at 10:07am<br /><br />&nbsp;I was there when you refused the $22,000&nbsp; and issued your ultimatum". <DIV><strong><FONT color=#0000ff>Mr. Nagy, you are&nbsp;wrong again on both counts...I already had the $11,000 grant and I had already issued the ultimaium 5 years ago.</FONT></strong><BR></DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Yes, you had the $11,00 grant but you did not have the city's $11,000 until Ms. Gilliland offered it that morning. She also said she would try to find more in the future when I asked her. Yes, $22,000 is a lot of money when its the taxpayers money and yes I worry a lot when the city wants to spend $500,000 on a bike path at this time in our economy and I'm addressing the problem with them.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;By your own admission , "I had already issued the ultimatum 5 years ago". Well, issuing the ultimatum hasn't done any of us any good for five years so far.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Ladies and Gentleman, I submit&nbsp;my final&nbsp;conclusion of the matter is: &nbsp;In her opinion Vivian Moon says its her way or the highway.&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I don't think it will get very far with the city&nbsp;or a law suit. Lets get it done another way.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Fini.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Paul Nagy&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 22 Jun 2009 10:07:26 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1208&amp;PID=7578&amp;title=vault-at-cemetery#7578</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>VAULT AT CEMETERY : Vivian Moon,  Now that you have...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1208&amp;PID=7575&amp;title=vault-at-cemetery#7575</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1208<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;22&nbsp;2009 at 9:22am<br /><br />Vivian Moon, <DIV>Now that you have vented your anger and made plenty of personal innuendos about me, do you feel better? <BR><strong><FONT color=#0000ff>Mr. Nagy, I don't need to vent any anger. I have made no personal innuedos about you. I simply stated that you do not know all the facts about this situation that has been going on for the past six years. </FONT></strong><BR>Have you gotten closer or further away from what needs to be done in the cemetary?<BR><strong><FONT color=#0000ff>Mr. Nagy,&nbsp;I believe we are much closer to solving the problems of the Middletown Cemetery.&nbsp;<BR></FONT></strong> I was there when you refused the $22,000 and issued your ultimatum. <BR><strong><FONT color=#0000ff>Mr. Nagy, you are&nbsp;wrong again on both counts...I already had the $11,000 grant and I had already issued the ultimaium 5 years ago.<BR>Mr. Nagy, the Middletown Cemetery Committee and the families of those buried at the Middletown Cemetery did refused the $11,000 one time payment&nbsp;from the City. &nbsp;<BR></FONT></strong>My point is WE have not gotten anywhere with this approach and there must be another way. Just because WE don't bow down to your every whim doesn't mean We don't care as much as you do. Just because you don't see what other people do doesn't mean others aren't doing something in their own way.<BR><strong><FONT color=#0000ff>Mr. Nagy, The Middletown Cemetery Commitee and the Families have a perfect right to<BR>file a legal action against the City. I have not request that you bow down to anything in anyway. We have requested that the City care for and maintain the Middletown Cemetery and account for the missing funds. If it takes legal action to make them step up to the plate so be it. </FONT></strong></DIV><DIV>Spider, WE can file my opinions right along with your many opinions that talked about using common sense and negotiating through the last ten years. If your memory fails you on this point go back and look at all of your&nbsp;blogs in support of Ann Mort, Sam Ashworth, etc. I suggest We take another approach in the same spirit you always did when you were telling us&nbsp;to get things done in a constructive way.<BR><strong><FONT color=#0000ff>Mr. Nagy,&nbsp;what do you do when the constructive common sense way doesn't work and the building can't wait for the City to take action?<BR></FONT></strong> Again, these&nbsp;blogs make my point that its easier to make personal attacks than to come up with a solution. If the city isn't going to accept its responsiblity (and it hasn't so far) what then?<BR><strong><FONT color=#0000ff>Mr. Nagy, I presented the problem, the solution and even the money and labor..NEXT!</FONT></strong><BR>We all agree on the city's irresponsibilities. Now, how do WE get the job done. <BR><strong><FONT color=#0000ff>Mr. Nagy,&nbsp;WE have been working on getting the job done. Now WE have now taken legal action to solve the rest of this very problem.<BR></FONT></strong>Please&nbsp;give an&nbsp;answer other than threatening lawsuits and name calling.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thank you.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Paul Nagy&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 22 Jun 2009 09:22:15 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1208&amp;PID=7575&amp;title=vault-at-cemetery#7575</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>VAULT AT CEMETERY : Mr.Nagy--when I mention &amp;#034;everyone...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1208&amp;PID=7574&amp;title=vault-at-cemetery#7574</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1208<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;22&nbsp;2009 at 9:22am<br /><br />Mr.Nagy--when I mention "everyone else",&nbsp; Spider is most definitely included. <DIV>I STILL support Ms.Mort/Mr.Ashworth in their PRIDE approach, and am very appreciative of their efforts regarding many situations. Do I agree AND SUPPORT every project they champion? ABSOLUTELY NOT! I like them both personally both on and off "the clock".</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Name calling--very little and none in a long while from my end.</DIV><DIV>Confronting Council/admin--note my extended absence from comment forums other than the internet(here).</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Sorry to ruffle yer feathers, Mr.N</DIV><DIV>I am simply my own person representing my own thinking.</DIV><DIV>I am not a great team player, and prefer to stand on my own</DIV><DIV>Be assured that I will not disappear in Sept., Oct. and November.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>As a charter review committee member, will you enlighten us on just what hast transpired</DIV><DIV>since the recommendations have been brought forward and presented to Council?</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 22 Jun 2009 09:22:04 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1208&amp;PID=7574&amp;title=vault-at-cemetery#7574</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>VAULT AT CEMETERY : I thought the July 7th Council...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1208&amp;PID=7570&amp;title=vault-at-cemetery#7570</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=14">Pacman</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1208<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;22&nbsp;2009 at 8:56am<br /><br />I thought the July 7th Council Meetign was basicaly going to be the meetign to discuss The Charter review Boards recommendations.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 22 Jun 2009 08:56:17 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1208&amp;PID=7570&amp;title=vault-at-cemetery#7570</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>VAULT AT CEMETERY : Spider,  I agree with every word...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1208&amp;PID=7567&amp;title=vault-at-cemetery#7567</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=213">Paul Nagy</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1208<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;22&nbsp;2009 at 8:20am<br /><br />Spider,<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I agree with every word that you have just blogged about the Jone 30th meeting.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Paul nagy</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 22 Jun 2009 08:20:17 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1208&amp;PID=7567&amp;title=vault-at-cemetery#7567</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>VAULT AT CEMETERY : Vivian Moon,   Now that you have...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1208&amp;PID=7566&amp;title=vault-at-cemetery#7566</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=213">Paul Nagy</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1208<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;22&nbsp;2009 at 8:16am<br /><br />Vivian Moon, <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Now that you have vented your anger and made plenty of personal innuendos about me, do you feel better? Have you gotten closer or further away from what needs to be done in the cemetary? I was there when you refused the $22,000 and issued your ultimatum. My point is WE have not gotten anywhere with this approach and there must be another way. Just because WE don't bow down to your every whim doesn't mean We don't care as much as you do. Just because you don't see what other people do doesn't mean others aren't doing something in their own way.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Spider, WE can file my opinions right along with your many opinions that talked about using common sense and negotiating through the last ten years. If your memory fails you on this point go back and look at all of your&nbsp;blogs in support of Ann Mort, Sam Ashworth, etc. I suggest We take another approach in the same spirit you always did when you were telling us&nbsp;to get things done in a constructive way. Again, these&nbsp;blogs make my point that its easier to make personal attacks than to come up with a solution. If the city isn't going to accept its responsiblity (and it hasn't so far) what then? We all agree on the city's irresponsibilities. Now, how do WE get the job done. Please&nbsp;give an&nbsp;answer other than threatening lawsuits and name calling.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thank you.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Paul Nagy&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 22 Jun 2009 08:16:01 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1208&amp;PID=7566&amp;title=vault-at-cemetery#7566</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>VAULT AT CEMETERY : Fellow Amerikans/Middletownians---we...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1208&amp;PID=7565&amp;title=vault-at-cemetery#7565</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1208<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;22&nbsp;2009 at 8:10am<br /><br />Fellow Amerikans/Middletownians---we have entered a new age globally,nationally and locally.<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Forget yer politicians,admins,boards,committees,movers/shakers whatever.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>If you have issues--take care of them if you can. We are on our own--the sooner you accept that, the better off you will be.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Fix/clean up yer properties and neighborhoods.</DIV><DIV>When you are out in public, don't throw trash anywhere. </DIV><DIV>Conversely--pick up trash of others and dispose of it properly.</DIV><DIV>Fix anything that you can fix.</DIV><DIV>Help anyone that you can help in any way possible.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Carry this approach to govt.meetings--positively,politely though firmly and constructively.</DIV><DIV>Accept nothing less from your public officials/employess however don't get discouraged when they don't follow the lead or disappoint. They will either come around eventually(quickly) or we simply replace them(quietly and politely)</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>We have an up-coming Conversation with Council on 6/30 I believe</DIV><DIV>There may be a renegade attempt from a loose cannon on the charter review committee to dominate this meeting by having members explain EACH OF 12 articles recommended for approval of Council to be placed on the Nov.ballot.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>So--be prepared to ? those topics and to quickly dismiss many of them as un-important or un-favorable. Then steer this "conversation" in whatever direction the citizens might choose. Opportunities to publicly address Council are now few and far between(plus being covered by TVM(the citizen-funded public TV network).</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Really--it is YOUR meeting opportunity.</DIV><DIV>Come organized and prepared.</DIV><DIV>Please be pointed,BRIEF,and considerate of all points of view and individuals.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>We can go a long way towards unification--let's don't blow it from our end.</DIV><DIV>If the Council/Amin or any idividual&nbsp;wants to control/dominate--stand fim and don't allow.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>jmo</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 22 Jun 2009 08:10:26 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1208&amp;PID=7565&amp;title=vault-at-cemetery#7565</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>