<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : &quot;In their own words...&quot;</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : City Council : &quot;In their own words...&quot;</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 16:23:28 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Mon, 20 Apr 2009 01:18:11 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=1222</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>&quot;In their own words...&quot; : Surely he can&amp;#039;t beone of...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1222&amp;PID=5808&amp;title=in-their-own-words#5808</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=269">Truth Teller</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1222<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;20&nbsp;2009 at 1:18am<br /><br /><FONT size=3>Surely he can't be&nbsp;one of the three City Councilmen who know&nbsp;about the sizeable waste of HUD funds and related mismanagment recently aired yet hasn't said one word?&nbsp; Surely he&nbsp;isn't one of&nbsp;three City Councilmen who assured the former Community Development Administrator that he'd not experience any retaliation for attempting to reform a broken and ineffective program of HUD-funded activities?<DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV><P>"The truth will set the captives free!"</P><P></FONT>&nbsp;</P>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 20 Apr 2009 01:18:11 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1222&amp;PID=5808&amp;title=in-their-own-words#5808</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>&quot;In their own words...&quot; :  Every once in a while, when...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1222&amp;PID=5807&amp;title=in-their-own-words#5807</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1222<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;20&nbsp;2009 at 12:34am<br /><br /><SPAN lang=EN><P>Every once in a while, when our house begins to tilt towards the east under the extreme loads imposed by the stacks and piles and heaps of paper strewn around my office, my wife tells me that I have to start cleaning it all out. Well, I honestly do begin with diligent, spirited effort, but I seldom get far before I slow down considerably.</P><P>You see, all of these mountains of papers are made up of newspaper articles, printouts of meeting minutes, notes from research in law libraries, magazine articles, and various and sundry other similar items that I have gathered over the years with the intent that I either answer an editorial, comment on an article, cite a law or court case, back up a comment to council, or use while composing a post in an on-line forum or some similar means of communication.</P><P>It always seems that, no matter which heap or pile I choose as my starting point to “Clean this mess out!”, I soon run into some scrap of yellowed newsprint or other that I feel I cannot toss without commenting upon. Here is one that I found today:</P><P>In the Sunday, June 11, 2006 edition of <I>The Middletown Journal</I>, on page A10, there was an editorial concerning city council. At the bottom of the editorial they had a box with the heading “IN THEIR OWN WORDS” containing quotes by some of our local luminaries. Besides the quotes from Brian Daley (former A.E.I.F. President), Alan McCoy, Laura Williams, and Bob Wells, there was this quote:</P><BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"><P><FONT size=2><FONT color=#ff0000><FONT color=#0000ff>“I’d be looking at the Springboro/Liberty Township area. This town is a joke. When you look at the council, the lockout at AK Steel, the weeds we can’t cut, the streets we can’t repair--well, I’d get the hell out of here quick.”</FONT> </FONT>…Jim Armbruster</FONT></P></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, Mr. Armbruster, here it is nearly three years later. The AK lockout has ended (no thanks to you), but most of&nbsp;the council is still here,&nbsp;the weeds still aren’t cut, and the streets are no closer to being repaired,. In fact, it is fair to say that they are in worse shape than when you took office!! In the three and one-third years that you have been on council, you have done nothing but tell stories (and not very interesting stories at that). </P><P>I don’t know if you are still “looking at the Springboro/Liberty Township area”, Mr. Armbruster, but I wish that you would reconsider your decision to run for reelection. In fact, I wish that you would “get the hell out of here quick”! (Your words, not mine!)</P><P>If you resign now, perhaps your handlers could get another of their selected, groomed, speech-coached, non-issue oriented, on board with their aganda, recruits appointed while the council is still stacked with their puppets. This would give him/her the advantage of the incumbency for this November’s election.</P><P>I think he/she will need it. </P></SPAN>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 20 Apr 2009 00:34:30 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1222&amp;PID=5807&amp;title=in-their-own-words#5807</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>