<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : Buy LOCALLY</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : City Manager : Buy LOCALLY</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 10:51:00 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Thu, 07 May 2009 12:52:03 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=1288</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>Buy LOCALLY : How surprising it would be to...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1288&amp;PID=6252&amp;title=buy-locally#6252</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=274">Perplexed</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1288<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;07&nbsp;2009 at 12:52pm<br /><br /><FONT size=5>How surprising it would be to learn the number of&nbsp;City of Middletown employees that live elsewhere?</FONT><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><FONT size=5>A very civic-minded resident of Ward 2 obtained this information recently and the results show a large percentage of&nbsp;employees live in Mason, Hamilton, Madison Township, Carlisle, etc., etc.&nbsp; Therefore,&nbsp;what percentage of the City payroll is really spent here in Middletown?</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><FONT size=5>I think that certain senior City staff&nbsp;should do their homework before&nbsp;offering any additional "WORDS OF WISDOM" (??).</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=5></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><FONT size=5>Maybe they are openly trying to&nbsp;confuse us on a very&nbsp;important issue!</FONT></DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 07 May 2009 12:52:03 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1288&amp;PID=6252&amp;title=buy-locally#6252</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Buy LOCALLY : Mike I have been looking for Liberty...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1288&amp;PID=6251&amp;title=buy-locally#6251</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=216">randy</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1288<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;07&nbsp;2009 at 11:08am<br /><br />Mike I have been looking for Liberty City BBQ and can find nothing in Middletown the closes thing I did find was Liberty Restaurant down on central. In fact I cant find one in Butler County. ]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 07 May 2009 11:08:57 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1288&amp;PID=6251&amp;title=buy-locally#6251</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Buy LOCALLY :  From the City Manager&amp;#039;s...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1288&amp;PID=6242&amp;title=buy-locally#6242</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1288<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;06&nbsp;2009 at 9:42pm<br /><br /><P align=left></P><P align=left><FONT size=6><FONT size=2>From the City Manager's newsletter, May 3, 2009: </FONT></P></FONT><B><FONT face=Calibri,Calibri size=3><FONT face=Calibri,Calibri size=3><P align=left>Buying Locally </P></B></FONT></FONT><FONT size=3><BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"><P>"The buy local </FONT><FONT size=3>buy global debate is an interesting one; good points all the way around. The question has come up on whether or not the city should give preference to local businesses when awarding contracts. I am extremely supportive of buying locally first. When the local vendor is the lowest bidder, there is usually not an issue. The question that governments typically face is when the local vendor is not the low bidder, how much extra is the government willing to pay to buy locally? In these tough economic times, is there a tolerance for paying extra to buy locally? We award contracts to the lowest and best bidder. There have been discussions in the past on the local preference, if Council so desires, we can resurface those discussions."</P></BLOCKQUOTE><DIV>&nbsp;During the last (5/5/2009) council meeting, someone was extolling the wonders of an upcoming event, they mentioned several food vendors.&nbsp; Some of them I recognized as Middletown businesses, some I did not.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>For example:&nbsp; Middletown has a couple of BBQ places, but I did not recognize "Liberty City BBQ".&nbsp; Does anyone know where they are located?</DIV></FONT>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 06 May 2009 21:42:05 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1288&amp;PID=6242&amp;title=buy-locally#6242</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>