<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : EveryOne should read the NSP2 Application</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : City Council : EveryOne should read the NSP2 Application</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 16:36:31 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Fri, 04 Sep 2009 07:18:36 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=1870</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>EveryOne should read the NSP2 Application : IF gambling was legal in Ohio,...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1870&amp;PID=10740&amp;title=everyone-should-read-the-nsp2-application#10740</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1870<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;04&nbsp;2009 at 7:18am<br /><br />IF gambling was legal in Ohio, I'd be willing to bet that there will be a NET GAIN in the number of city employees!!!]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 04 Sep 2009 07:18:36 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1870&amp;PID=10740&amp;title=everyone-should-read-the-nsp2-application#10740</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>EveryOne should read the NSP2 Application : Part of the idea of the receiving...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1870&amp;PID=10738&amp;title=everyone-should-read-the-nsp2-application#10738</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=314">Bobbie</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1870<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;04&nbsp;2009 at 7:12am<br /><br /><P>Part of the idea of the receiving of this money is to create jobs.&nbsp; So naturally they will put in their plan that it will create jobs.&nbsp;&nbsp;They are selling their plan to get it approved.&nbsp; &nbsp;My guess would be this was put into the plan to be able to keep the individuals on staff that were to go at the end of Dec.&nbsp; That is just my opinion.&nbsp; So is it really creating jobs or just changing the plan so they can keep the current staff they have now.&nbsp; Don't count on city management cutting jobs at the city building that could go unnoticed, they will make cuts to the departments that will effect the citizens the most.&nbsp; </P>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 04 Sep 2009 07:12:46 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1870&amp;PID=10738&amp;title=everyone-should-read-the-nsp2-application#10738</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>EveryOne should read the NSP2 Application : Mike I think ignorance plays a...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1870&amp;PID=10719&amp;title=everyone-should-read-the-nsp2-application#10719</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=295">Hermes</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1870<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;03&nbsp;2009 at 6:09pm<br /><br /><P>Mike I think ignorance plays a big part in all this too. If you can package something just right you can sell it to anybody at the right price. No these people are not blind and they surely are not stupid,but a slick salesman can do wonders. </P><DIV>I was told years ago that only a small handful of elite people ran Middletown. These same people owned all the key realestate,land,buildings and houses. None of these people were on council or worked in city hall,but they were working behind the scenes and guiding the direction of the city. This could be said of any town any where,just the way things are I guess.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 03 Sep 2009 18:09:16 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1870&amp;PID=10719&amp;title=everyone-should-read-the-nsp2-application#10719</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>EveryOne should read the NSP2 Application : Hermes: I understand what you&amp;#039;re...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1870&amp;PID=10707&amp;title=everyone-should-read-the-nsp2-application#10707</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1870<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;03&nbsp;2009 at 3:15pm<br /><br /><P>Hermes:</P><DIV>I understand what you're saying about "conspiracy theories", but none of these people are blind (I've seen them all driving cars fairly successfully).&nbsp; None admit to being stupid (at least they haven't admitted it to me).&nbsp;&nbsp;All that remains is that they ALL either are "IN" on it, or some choose to turn a blind eye.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Just consider the CDBG substantial modification public hearing.&nbsp; Watch the replay closely, and then try to honestly state that:</DIV><DIV>1)&nbsp; The majority of what was said together with what was available in writing in the workbook made any sense whatsoever; OR</DIV><DIV>2)&nbsp; At the end of the hearing, ANYONE understood the matter well enough to prudently cast a vote in good conscience.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 03 Sep 2009 15:15:12 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1870&amp;PID=10707&amp;title=everyone-should-read-the-nsp2-application#10707</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>EveryOne should read the NSP2 Application : Mike I&amp;#039;m sitting here laughing...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1870&amp;PID=10702&amp;title=everyone-should-read-the-nsp2-application#10702</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=295">Hermes</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1870<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;03&nbsp;2009 at 2:50pm<br /><br />Mike I'm sitting here laughing and I know it's not funny by no means. But yeah I caught the "additional staff" clause you quote and your right,so much for making cuts.<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I'm starting to feel like one of those conspiracy theorist people. Every time I see or hear about another stunt pulled by council or the city manager I can't help but get a picture in my head of council members walking around with bulging pockets full of cash.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 03 Sep 2009 14:50:43 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1870&amp;PID=10702&amp;title=everyone-should-read-the-nsp2-application#10702</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>EveryOne should read the NSP2 Application :  Well, that NSP2 document is...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1870&amp;PID=10698&amp;title=everyone-should-read-the-nsp2-application#10698</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1870<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;03&nbsp;2009 at 2:33pm<br /><br /><SPAN lang=EN><P>Well, that NSP2 document is a tough read, but there are a few things that caught my eye:</P><DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><FONT size=2 face=Arial><BR>On page 11 of 99 under Item <U>2. Amount</U>, where it states: “</FONT></FONT><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Due to the extent of activity, Middletown will be hiring additional staff for the term of NSP2...</FONT><FONT size=2 face=Arial><FONT size=2 face=Arial>”</DIV><P><FONT color=#0000ff>Well, so much for personnel cuts at City Hall. I guess they’ll be hiring instead. Oh well, at least SOMEONE in Middletown is hiring. Oops…wait…It’s US, the citizens, and I don’t think we can afford it!!!</FONT></P><P>　</P><P>On page 17 of 99 under </FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3><FONT size=3>B</FONT></FONT><B><FONT size=3>. M</FONT><FONT size=2>ARKET CONDITIONS AND DEMAND FACTORS , </FONT><FONT size=3>(1), </B>it states:</P><DIV>&nbsp;</FONT></FONT><FONT size=2 face=Arial><FONT size=2 face=Arial>“</FONT></FONT><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Complete redevelopment consistent with the local Master Plan will be the most appropriate tool in these areas.</FONT><FONT size=2 face=Arial><FONT size=2 face=Arial>” </DIV><P><FONT color=#0000ff>Hmm…could this be another way of saying: We at City Hall know EXACTLY what to do (AGAIN) downtown to get things BOOMING??? Or does it mean that City Hall has decided to get into the MALL business???</FONT></P><P>　</P><P>On page 18 of 99 under </FONT></FONT><B><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">(4) Relevant social, governmental, educational, or economic factors contributing to local market conditions and neighborhood decline or instability</FONT></B><FONT face="Times New Roman">, it states:</P><DIV>&nbsp;</FONT></FONT><FONT size=2 face=Arial><FONT size=2 face=Arial>“</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>Middletown property crime levels tend to be much higher than Ohio’s average level,</FONT><FONT size=1>17 </FONT><FONT size=3>and the crime index, a measure of the severity of crime, was 518.7 in 2006, nearly 200 points higher than the U.S. average of 320.9.</FONT><FONT size=1>18 </FONT><FONT size=3>In 2008 alone, the Middletown target geography suffered 3,883 serious crimes.</FONT></FONT><FONT size=2 face=Arial><FONT size=2 face=Arial>”</DIV><P><FONT color=#0000ff>But we passed that .5% increase in the income tax SPECIFICALLY for public safety!!! Didn’t we hire at least another policeman or two?? Do we plan to do so?? Where DOES that additional $2.5 MILLION go every year???</FONT></P><P>On page 42 of 99 under </FONT></FONT><FONT size=3><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">c. Re-use of cleared sites, it states:</FONT></P></FONT></FONT><FONT size=3><P>“Although it is the intent of the consortium to reuse cleared sites as quickly as possible, we cannot ensure that we will be able to reuse all cleared sites within the three year term of NSP2. Some sites will be land banked for future projects.” </P></FONT><FONT size=2 face=Arial><FONT size=2 face=Arial><P><FONT color=#0000ff>Sounds like they’re saying: “We REALLY plan on using the money for OTHER stuff!!!</FONT></P><P><FONT color=#0000ff>Gee, no one could see this coming.</P><DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV><FONT color=#006600 size=3>But guess what!!!&nbsp; This actually IS a "three year plan."&nbsp; Maybe that's why Adkins had the term on his mind.</FONT>&nbsp; </FONT></FONT></FONT></SPAN>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 03 Sep 2009 14:33:24 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1870&amp;PID=10698&amp;title=everyone-should-read-the-nsp2-application#10698</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>EveryOne should read the NSP2 Application : Am I to understand that according...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1870&amp;PID=10673&amp;title=everyone-should-read-the-nsp2-application#10673</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=295">Hermes</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1870<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;03&nbsp;2009 at 12:09pm<br /><br />Am I to understand that according to the above application a <U>sweet heart deal</U> has been made between Hamilton,BCHA &amp; Middeltown in order to get $millions so that Middeltown takes the biggest percentage of section 8 plus a large percentage of the monies?? Am I nuts or do I not understand what I read ?<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 03 Sep 2009 12:09:25 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1870&amp;PID=10673&amp;title=everyone-should-read-the-nsp2-application#10673</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>EveryOne should read the NSP2 Application : Everyone should read the NSP2...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1870&amp;PID=10663&amp;title=everyone-should-read-the-nsp2-application#10663</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=14">Pacman</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1870<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;03&nbsp;2009 at 11:01am<br /><br /><FONT size=3><strong>Everyone should read the NSP2 Application sent into HUD by the City of Middletown, as it gives one of the most accurate descriptions of what the problems&nbsp;are in&nbsp;Middletown and the challenges we&nbsp;face as citizens of Middletown&nbsp;and must overcome and not the usual "Middletown has a bright future crap" that is dished out bi-weekly at Council meetings.</strong></FONT> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><a href="http://www.cityofmiddletown.org/docs/commsvc/nsp_app_final.pdf" target="_blank"><U>http://www.cityofmiddletown.org/docs/commsvc/nsp_app_final.pdf</U></A></DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 03 Sep 2009 11:01:30 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1870&amp;PID=10663&amp;title=everyone-should-read-the-nsp2-application#10663</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>