<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : Highlands Historic District</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : Community Revitalization : Highlands Historic District</description>
  <pubDate>Mon, 05 Oct 2026 22:53:33 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Sun, 06 Sep 2009 23:19:08 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=1885</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>Highlands Historic District : Doesn&amp;#039;t the gentleman that...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1885&amp;PID=10809&amp;title=highlands-historic-district#10809</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=190">tomahawk35</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1885<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;06&nbsp;2009 at 11:19pm<br /><br />Doesn't the gentleman that started the petition about the wards live in this area? if he does then it could make one wonder if there was some type of deal cut.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 06 Sep 2009 23:19:08 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1885&amp;PID=10809&amp;title=highlands-historic-district#10809</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Highlands Historic District : Yes I agree with Vivian,excellent...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1885&amp;PID=10805&amp;title=highlands-historic-district#10805</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=295">Hermes</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1885<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;06&nbsp;2009 at 4:19pm<br /><br />Yes I agree with Vivian,excellent article Merrell ! <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I'm also in agreement that if I read you correctly is the fact that it is more about property values than a historical recognition. If there are only two homes that meet the historical standards then why not declare only those two as historical if it has nothing to do with property values ? </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Again I feel that the good ole boys club are promoting one of their own perhaps ?</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 06 Sep 2009 16:19:02 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1885&amp;PID=10805&amp;title=highlands-historic-district#10805</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Highlands Historic District : Mr. Wood, I&amp;#039;m not against...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1885&amp;PID=10804&amp;title=highlands-historic-district#10804</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1885<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;06&nbsp;2009 at 4:16pm<br /><br /><FONT size=3><SPAN lang=EN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-ansi-: EN; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">Mr.</SPAN><SPAN lang=EN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-ansi-: EN"> <strong><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">Wood, I'm not against the HHD either...however...I have never seen the 50 year rule&nbsp;used in a residential historic district of this age span 1898-2002.<DIV></DIV>Mr. Kohler also stated that only 40 of the 66 homes had paid their yearly dues to this new HHD. I'm not sure that these 26 residents really want to be included in this historic district. &nbsp;</SPAN></strong></SPAN></FONT>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 06 Sep 2009 16:16:35 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1885&amp;PID=10804&amp;title=highlands-historic-district#10804</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Highlands Historic District : Thank you Vivian. I would like...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1885&amp;PID=10797&amp;title=highlands-historic-district#10797</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=260">Merrell Wood</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1885<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;06&nbsp;2009 at 1:35pm<br /><br />Thank you Vivian. I would like it understood that I am not against the declaration of a reasonable amout of houses that merit true historic designation.&nbsp;I was just trying to point out there could not possibly be 66 true historic houses within the proposed Highland's District. I don't blame anyone for wanting to have their&nbsp;voice heard about what will radically change&nbsp;a neighborhood, I just feel that declaring historical status for the first time in the history of the neighborhod is not about historical preservation, it's only about property value preservation.&nbsp;Finally anyone who writes a MJ column has no control over the title they choose. I wish my column had not had&nbsp;a title&nbsp;that seemed to imply that&nbsp;there should be no consideration&nbsp;for&nbsp;any kind for the neighborhood historical status. Obviously there should be, if it&nbsp;turely merits&nbsp;it.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 06 Sep 2009 13:35:08 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1885&amp;PID=10797&amp;title=highlands-historic-district#10797</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Highlands Historic District :  Mr. Wood has written a wonderful...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1885&amp;PID=10794&amp;title=highlands-historic-district#10794</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1885<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;06&nbsp;2009 at 5:46am<br /><br /><DIV><P =Ms&#111;normal style="MARGIN: 0.75pt"><FONT size=3><strong><SPAN lang=EN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-ansi-: EN; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">Mr.</SPAN></strong><SPAN lang=EN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-ansi-: EN"> <strong><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">Wood has written a wonderful article on the new Highlands Historical Districit.</SPAN></strong> </SPAN></FONT><FONT size=3><strong><SPAN lang=EN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-ansi-: EN; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">I just can't believe that the City Council is going to approve this large an area as a historic district since clearly one-third of these homeowners do not want to be in this new HHD...but were told the majority rules.</P><DIV></SPAN></strong></FONT><a href="http://www.middletownjournal.com/opini&#111;n/columnists/merrell-wood-hospital-area-doesnt-deserve-historic-h&#111;nor-282609.html?more_comments=true&amp;showComments=true&amp;page=2" target="_blank">http://www.middletownjournal.com/opinion/columnists/merrell-wood-hospital-area-doesnt-deserve-historic-honor-282609.html?more_comments=true&amp;showComments=true&amp;page=2</A></DIV></DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 06 Sep 2009 05:46:59 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1885&amp;PID=10794&amp;title=highlands-historic-district#10794</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>