<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : Doug Adkins Answers A Few Questions</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : Community Revitalization : Doug Adkins Answers A Few Questions</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 09:47:12 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Sat, 12 Sep 2009 16:46:04 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=1910</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>Doug Adkins Answers A Few Questions : wasteful- wasn&amp;#039;t that demolished...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&amp;PID=11048&amp;title=doug-adkins-answers-a-few-questions#11048</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=114">VietVet</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1910<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;12&nbsp;2009 at 4:46pm<br /><br />wasteful- wasn't that demolished house and property over off Crawford? Moore St. I think. Believe the article was in the Journal. Thought the surrounding property owners wouldn't take the additional property bacause it would raise their taxes -&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;??????]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 12 Sep 2009 16:46:04 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&amp;PID=11048&amp;title=doug-adkins-answers-a-few-questions#11048</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Doug Adkins Answers A Few Questions : wasteful.....I remember the comment...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&amp;PID=11039&amp;title=doug-adkins-answers-a-few-questions#11039</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=259">409</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1910<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;12&nbsp;2009 at 9:04am<br /><br />wasteful.....I remember the comment being made. I think it may have been Kohler.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 12 Sep 2009 09:04:56 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&amp;PID=11039&amp;title=doug-adkins-answers-a-few-questions#11039</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Doug Adkins Answers A Few Questions : Randy I think this was mentioned...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&amp;PID=11037&amp;title=doug-adkins-answers-a-few-questions#11037</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=358">wasteful</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1910<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;12&nbsp;2009 at 2:15am<br /><br />Randy I think this was mentioned when they demolished a house and the lot left over was to small to rebuild on.&nbsp; I think they then tried to give or sell the lot to a neighbor or split it between two neighbors as the lot was basically useless to the city and would never be developed unless they could enlarge the lot by demolishing an abutting property thus combining the lots into one buildable property.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 12 Sep 2009 02:15:21 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&amp;PID=11037&amp;title=doug-adkins-answers-a-few-questions#11037</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Doug Adkins Answers A Few Questions : I do not recall him saying, not...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&amp;PID=11033&amp;title=doug-adkins-answers-a-few-questions#11033</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=216">randy</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1910<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;11&nbsp;2009 at 11:41pm<br /><br />I do not recall him saying, not saying he didnt I just dont remember that ]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 11 Sep 2009 23:41:34 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&amp;PID=11033&amp;title=doug-adkins-answers-a-few-questions#11033</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Doug Adkins Answers A Few Questions : Rail Fan didn&amp;#039;t Adkins say...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&amp;PID=11031&amp;title=doug-adkins-answers-a-few-questions#11031</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=358">wasteful</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1910<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;11&nbsp;2009 at 10:31pm<br /><br /><P>Rail Fan didn't Adkins say at&nbsp;a&nbsp;recent Council&nbsp;meeting that in some cases they tried to give/sell the land for some of these lots after the house was demoed to a neighbor, how can the City deed the property to an abutting property owner&nbsp;without a title/deed?</P>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 11 Sep 2009 22:31:42 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&amp;PID=11031&amp;title=doug-adkins-answers-a-few-questions#11031</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Doug Adkins Answers A Few Questions : My friend with much HUD experience...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&amp;PID=11027&amp;title=doug-adkins-answers-a-few-questions#11027</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=397">Rail Fan</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1910<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;11&nbsp;2009 at 7:49pm<br /><br /><P>My friend with much HUD experience tells me that the laws of Ohio permit cities to demolish properties that are beyond repair and represent a safety hazard to the general public.&nbsp; I am further told that the city has Attorney Don Imhoff to do title searches for all properties that are to be cleared.&nbsp; This is to verify ownership, etc.&nbsp; Lastly, he adds that to date no property demolished has been acquired first.&nbsp; This is totally contradictory to City Council testimony by Ginger Smith late last year and again early in 2009.&nbsp; The city has the legal right to demolish properties not meeting Ohio laws and housing codes.&nbsp; The cost of CDBG and now NSP-funded demolition is placed against an owners property as a lien.&nbsp; I hope this clears things up some.</P>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 11 Sep 2009 19:49:41 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&amp;PID=11027&amp;title=doug-adkins-answers-a-few-questions#11027</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Doug Adkins Answers A Few Questions : Now I am curious Sports Mom, so...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&amp;PID=11021&amp;title=doug-adkins-answers-a-few-questions#11021</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=358">wasteful</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1910<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;11&nbsp;2009 at 4:33pm<br /><br />Now I am curious Sports Mom, so if that is what that means how do you demo a house you don't own or have title to, is there some special process for getting ownership of a house the city is going to demo.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 11 Sep 2009 16:33:26 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&amp;PID=11021&amp;title=doug-adkins-answers-a-few-questions#11021</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Doug Adkins Answers A Few Questions : Rail-Thanks for making me smile....</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&amp;PID=11020&amp;title=doug-adkins-answers-a-few-questions#11020</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=390">Sports Mom</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1910<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;11&nbsp;2009 at 4:25pm<br /><br />Rail-Thanks for making me smile.&nbsp; Hope all is well.<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Wasteful-I just know the demo process for Middletown and was explaining waiting on title was referring to the title info.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 11 Sep 2009 16:25:21 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&amp;PID=11020&amp;title=doug-adkins-answers-a-few-questions#11020</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Doug Adkins Answers A Few Questions : Isn&amp;#039;t a &amp;#034;title search&amp;#034;...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&amp;PID=11013&amp;title=doug-adkins-answers-a-few-questions#11013</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=358">wasteful</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1910<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;11&nbsp;2009 at 3:30pm<br /><br />Isn't a "title search" as you state Sports Mom and "awaiting Title" two different things.&nbsp; To me "awaiting title" implies a Title search has been done.&nbsp; I am not in the HUD biz thank god, but just the way it reads.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:30:09 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&amp;PID=11013&amp;title=doug-adkins-answers-a-few-questions#11013</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Doug Adkins Answers A Few Questions : Hi Sports Mom -  Mr. Adkins...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&amp;PID=11010&amp;title=doug-adkins-answers-a-few-questions#11010</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=397">Rail Fan</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 1910<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;11&nbsp;2009 at 2:52pm<br /><br />Hi Sports Mom -<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Mr. Adkins has $2.144 million of NSP funds at his disposal.&nbsp; By his own words last Tuesday, none of the more than $1.0 million of NSP funds allocated for property acquisition-rehab-resale has been spent.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>You are correct in that properties are being demolished and not acquired first.&nbsp; This was not what Ginger Smith told City Council last November when the NSP application was sent to HUD.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Go Chipper Go!&nbsp; Billy Cox.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 11 Sep 2009 14:52:56 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1910&amp;PID=11010&amp;title=doug-adkins-answers-a-few-questions#11010</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>