<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : DISCUSSION of HOUSING REVITALIZATION STRATEGY??</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : Community Revitalization : DISCUSSION of HOUSING REVITALIZATION STRATEGY??</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 17:38:21 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Fri, 22 Jan 2010 15:10:57 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=2570</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>DISCUSSION of HOUSING REVITALIZATION STRATEGY?? : I can tell you that as an outsider,I...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2570&amp;PID=15919&amp;title=discussion-of-housing-revitalization-strategy#15919</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=455">mihousenut</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2570<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jan&nbsp;22&nbsp;2010 at 3:10pm<br /><br />I can tell you that as an outsider,&nbsp;I looked to buy the Sorg Mansion, and invest a million dollars over the years, to restore, rehab and make it another&nbsp;sign&nbsp;of&nbsp;revitalization of the South Main historic district.&nbsp; My replies from various entities, not just the city, but other groups as well, in terms of possible grants or the like, ranged from little to nothing in terms of help.<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I am now looking elsewhere, sadly, as I would have loved to have the Sorg, but I like 99.5% of the world do not have millions laying around, and if I did why would I invest in Middletown, when I could go elsewhere?&nbsp; No incentives at all&nbsp;are there.&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Expect the Sorg Mansion to stay a section 8, or maybe even assisted living home, nothing more.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 22 Jan 2010 15:10:57 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2570&amp;PID=15919&amp;title=discussion-of-housing-revitalization-strategy#15919</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>DISCUSSION of HOUSING REVITALIZATION STRATEGY?? : QUESTION -How successful would...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2570&amp;PID=15905&amp;title=discussion-of-housing-revitalization-strategy#15905</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=434">Nelson R. Self</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2570<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jan&nbsp;22&nbsp;2010 at 10:31am<br /><br /><strong><FONT color=#0000ff size=2>QUESTION -&nbsp;How successful would you rate&nbsp;Miss&nbsp;Judy's strategy for <FONT color=#ff0000>housing revitalization in Middletown</FONT>&nbsp;?</FONT></strong> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><strong><FONT size=2>1)&nbsp; Question - Have any&nbsp;"POSITIVE" efforts&nbsp;been made by the Community Revitalization Department to market Middletown in the region as a community with <FONT color=#ff0000>numerous, affordable&nbsp;home ownership opportunities</FONT>?</FONT></strong></DIV><DIV><strong><FONT size=2>2)&nbsp; Question - Why doesn't&nbsp;the Community Revitalization Department&nbsp;work closely with local housing industry professionals and neighborhood residents as was the case in 2007 and 2008?</FONT></strong></DIV><DIV><strong><FONT size=2>3)&nbsp; Question - Why did the Community Revitalization Department&nbsp;diminish emphasis on the Down Payment/Closing Cost Assistance Program?&nbsp; In 2008 nearly 60 first-time home buyers were assisted.&nbsp; Why did this number drop by over 50% in 2009 and has&nbsp;reduced financial incentives discouraged&nbsp;new home buyers?</FONT></strong></DIV><DIV><strong><FONT size=2>4)&nbsp; With the millions of HUD funds (including large "STIMULUS" grants) available to the Community Revitalization Department, how have the City's policies positively impacted the following:</FONT></strong></DIV><DIV><strong><FONT size=2></FONT></strong>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><strong><FONT size=2>a)&nbsp; Reduction of vacant, foreclosed single-family homes on the market;</FONT></strong></DIV><DIV><strong><FONT size=2>b)&nbsp; Stabilization of declining property values;</FONT></strong></DIV><DIV><strong><FONT size=2>c)&nbsp; Stabilization of neighborhoods showing initial signs of decline;</FONT></strong></DIV><DIV><strong><FONT size=2>d)&nbsp; True rehabilitation of owner- and renter-occupied homes (not cosmetic house painting only)?</FONT></strong></DIV><DIV><strong><FONT size=2>e)&nbsp; Strategic targeting of HUD funds to obtain the maximum positive impact?</FONT></strong></DIV><DIV><strong><FONT size=2>f)&nbsp; Submission of grant applications for supplementary funding via the Federal Home Loan Bank of Cincinnati, Ohio Housing Finance Agency, etc.?&nbsp;</FONT></strong></DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><FONT color=#ff0000><strong><FONT size=2>The (hoped for) answers from City Hall should be quite interesting!!</FONT></strong>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT color=#ff0000></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:31:00 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2570&amp;PID=15905&amp;title=discussion-of-housing-revitalization-strategy#15905</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>