<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : Hollywood Video Closing</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : Middletown Area Businesses : Hollywood Video Closing</description>
  <pubDate>Mon, 05 Oct 2026 21:46:41 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:39:33 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=2644</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>Hollywood Video Closing : DVD rental places are going down...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2644&amp;PID=16538&amp;title=hollywood-video-closing#16538</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=41">Josh Van Cleave</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2644<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;11&nbsp;2010 at 10:39am<br /><br />DVD rental places are going down everywhere, with the Red Box kiosks, NetFlix, PPV, not to mention the internet they have some stiff competition.  Much like newspapers have experienced over the last decade.  Blockbuster has began to compete with NetFlix, but are still closing stores... ]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:39:33 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2644&amp;PID=16538&amp;title=hollywood-video-closing#16538</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Hollywood Video Closing : I agree, seeing another &amp;#039;big...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2644&amp;PID=16396&amp;title=hollywood-video-closing#16396</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=322">justwatching</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2644<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;06&nbsp;2010 at 11:43am<br /><br />I agree, seeing another 'big chain' down isn't a tear jerker but... still sucks for the employees and, as you said, lost revenue to the city.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 06 Feb 2010 11:43:40 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2644&amp;PID=16396&amp;title=hollywood-video-closing#16396</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Hollywood Video Closing : I don&amp;#039;t usually worry about...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2644&amp;PID=16392&amp;title=hollywood-video-closing#16392</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=295">Hermes</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2644<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;06&nbsp;2010 at 10:35am<br /><br />I don't usually worry about major chain stores shutting down or moving. I would much rather support the individual/private business owner which I think is the backbone of any community. But it doesn't help either when any business closes it's doors it's still lost revenue. Middletown needs to re-evaluate it's stance on private business and be more co-operative &amp; friendly and loosen certain stringent requirements in oder to be attractive to the individual business owner &amp; consumer.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 06 Feb 2010 10:35:22 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2644&amp;PID=16392&amp;title=hollywood-video-closing#16392</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Hollywood Video Closing : http://www.middletownjournal.c...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2644&amp;PID=16388&amp;title=hollywood-video-closing#16388</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=322">justwatching</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2644<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;05&nbsp;2010 at 9:50pm<br /><br /><a href="http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/middletown-business-news/hollywood-video-to-close-most-local-stores-530926.html" target="_blank">http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/middletown-business-news/hollywood-video-to-close-most-local-stores-530926.html</a><br /><br />Looks like we're losing yet another area business....<br /><br />Can't say I'm too surprised, they were quite a bit more expensive than BlockBuster (IMO) and with the rise of the $1 kiosks all over town like Red Box, it was only a matter of time.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 05 Feb 2010 21:50:10 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2644&amp;PID=16388&amp;title=hollywood-video-closing#16388</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>