<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : Tax levy story input</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : School Tax Issues : Tax levy story input</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 11:12:34 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Fri, 16 Apr 2010 07:41:05 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=2908</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>Tax levy story input : VietVet, I called you yesterday...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2908&amp;PID=18299&amp;title=tax-levy-story-input#18299</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=589">mrossiter</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2908<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;16&nbsp;2010 at 7:41am<br /><br />VietVet, I called you yesterday afternoon, per your request. Left a message and didn't hear back from you. If you (or anyone else) who opposes the levy would be willing to talk to me this morning, I would appreciate it. I am already over my deadline. I haven't found anyone against the levy who is willing to talk to me at this point and I can't file my story until I hear from both sides of the issue. Please send me an e-mail at mrossiter@coxohio.com with contact information and I will get back to you immediately. Thank you.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 16 Apr 2010 07:41:05 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2908&amp;PID=18299&amp;title=tax-levy-story-input#18299</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Tax levy story input : ms. rossiter- I was occupied with...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2908&amp;PID=18279&amp;title=tax-levy-story-input#18279</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=114">VietVet</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2908<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;15&nbsp;2010 at 10:52am<br /><br />ms. rossiter- I was occupied with a home project last night and in taking care of my disabled wife. I haven't forgotten your Thursday deadline and am unable to respond via computer from my employment. If you would call (937) 255-3108, I would be able to respond to your questions today if you are still looking for someone on the "no" vote side of things. Thank you.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:52:21 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2908&amp;PID=18279&amp;title=tax-levy-story-input#18279</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Tax levy story input : I do not use unnamed sources....</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2908&amp;PID=18254&amp;title=tax-levy-story-input#18254</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=589">mrossiter</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2908<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;14&nbsp;2010 at 12:55pm<br /><br />I do not use unnamed sources. If I can't verify and specifically name my sources, then I do not use them. That's pretty much our policy, with few exceptions--and certainly not on education stories. It's also my policy as a reporter.<br /><br />I invite anyone to share their opinion and suggestions. I look forward to hearing from forum members here.<br /><br />]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 14 Apr 2010 12:55:58 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2908&amp;PID=18254&amp;title=tax-levy-story-input#18254</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Tax levy story input : Verify sources? Hmmm.....sounds...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2908&amp;PID=18253&amp;title=tax-levy-story-input#18253</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=334">acclaro</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2908<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;14&nbsp;2010 at 12:43pm<br /><br />Verify sources? Hmmm.....sounds more like a documentary than attempting to gauge the outcome of an election. Doesn't US, People, and OK! just cite "a reliable source"? As for me, I used to put my Ltrs Into The Editor column until the Journal limited it to about two paragraphs which no meaningful thought could be captured in such limits space.&nbsp;Maybe Mr. McNeil can tell us in your column how many tens of thousands of workers he will be hring at the Atrium?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 14 Apr 2010 12:43:29 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2908&amp;PID=18253&amp;title=tax-levy-story-input#18253</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Tax levy story input : I realize I&amp;#039;ve opened a can...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2908&amp;PID=18246&amp;title=tax-levy-story-input#18246</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=589">mrossiter</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2908<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;14&nbsp;2010 at 10:16am<br /><br />I realize I've opened a can of worms--which is part of my job, I'm afraid. I plan on covering both sides of the issue, but have not heard directly from anyone from either side from here. I can't promise to put everything in print. I do have limited space in the paper. However, I am more than happy to put in what I can't get in print on my blog. If you are interested in going on the record, please email me at mrossiter@coxohio.com. My deadline is Thursday and time is running short. I'm at the point where I'm going out on the street and asking for people to talk. Was hoping I'd get some people here whom I know discuss this issue a lot and have strong opinions. <br /><br />I wish it were as simple as taking comments off our web site, but I need to verify identities, which is difficult since there isn't a lot of personal information available to contact posters on the boards. I'm open to talking with anyone.<br /><br />Thank you and I hope to hear from some of you very soon!]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:16:05 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2908&amp;PID=18246&amp;title=tax-levy-story-input#18246</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Tax levy story input : I agree with the multiple levy...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2908&amp;PID=18227&amp;title=tax-levy-story-input#18227</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=14">Pacman</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2908<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;13&nbsp;2010 at 12:29pm<br /><br />I agree with the multiple levy attempts Vet.&nbsp; Once a year is enough. Running a levy into the ground should be outlawed.<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 13 Apr 2010 12:29:56 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2908&amp;PID=18227&amp;title=tax-levy-story-input#18227</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Tax levy story input : acclaro- it&amp;#039;s alright. Won&amp;#039;t...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2908&amp;PID=18222&amp;title=tax-levy-story-input#18222</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=114">VietVet</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2908<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;13&nbsp;2010 at 11:35am<br /><br />acclaro- it's alright. Won't take long. Ms. Rossiter already knows the responses she will get on this from the opposition. She just wants to make it official I guess. Might be a simple phone interview. Knowing the Journal and the history they have had in the past, I doubt if they will give the opposing camp a fair amount of coverage anyway. They never do. It appears they are bought and paid for by city hall and the school board anyway. It is a shame that they have adopted that stance. ]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:35:20 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2908&amp;PID=18222&amp;title=tax-levy-story-input#18222</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Tax levy story input : Returning levy requests to the...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2908&amp;PID=18221&amp;title=tax-levy-story-input#18221</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=114">VietVet</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2908<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;13&nbsp;2010 at 11:27am<br /><br />Returning levy requests to the ballot multiple times in one calendar year should be stopped by adopting legislation to limit multiple levies in an attempt to "drown" the taxpayer into submission. Schools who have levy failures should have to wait until the next calendar year to initiate another levy and make do with the money they have on hand until such time. They may place a levy on the ballot once per year- their choice on timing. No more of this overwhelm the taxpayer/ multiple attempts in rapid fire succession in a given year. JMO]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:27:40 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2908&amp;PID=18221&amp;title=tax-levy-story-input#18221</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Tax levy story input : acclaro so what if the Journal...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2908&amp;PID=18219&amp;title=tax-levy-story-input#18219</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=14">Pacman</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2908<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;13&nbsp;2010 at 11:05am<br /><br />acclaro so what if the Journal endorses the levy, if you read their editorial page they already have.&nbsp; If the Levy fails as you predict it will be back in August and then November and then February until it passes or the BOE will do as Price did last time and cut as much as they want until the residents capitulate.<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>The point is you who are against this levy have a chance to voice your opposition which is what we have talked about many times.&nbsp; So do it.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:05:16 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2908&amp;PID=18219&amp;title=tax-levy-story-input#18219</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Tax levy story input : Vet, why waste your time, you...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2908&amp;PID=18218&amp;title=tax-levy-story-input#18218</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=334">acclaro</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2908<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;13&nbsp;2010 at 10:52am<br /><br />Vet, why waste your time, you have a wife whom needs care, and the Journal will endorse the issue. What needs to be said' opposition- too much overhead, waste, and lack of performance: those in favor: keep payroll up, keep up overhead, and lets keep on the path to conintinuous improvement (and we have a new superintendant after wasting $250,000. on the Franklin issue, then&nbsp;the search firm). We ar taxed to death. A non brainer. Noting more needs to be said. Don't waste your time. I think this one will fall in the ;no' category, having no cap in duration and the overhead just too much to bear in a dying town. You owe the Journal nothing and their audience has shrunk considerably. Ms. Andrews gave up trying to sell it, why should you bother with stating why you oppose it. Let the numbers at the poll do your talking. Vote No.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 13 Apr 2010 10:52:59 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2908&amp;PID=18218&amp;title=tax-levy-story-input#18218</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>