<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : BROAD STREET BASH</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : Community Events : BROAD STREET BASH</description>
  <pubDate>Mon, 05 Oct 2026 16:46:39 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Thu, 12 Aug 2010 02:17:22 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=2988</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>BROAD STREET BASH : Plus you have room to try different...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2988&amp;PID=20712&amp;title=broad-street-bash#20712</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=655">angelababy</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2988<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Aug&nbsp;12&nbsp;2010 at 2:17am<br /><br />Plus you have room to try different shows or acts.&nbsp; The town needs to get out of this. While the mall interior is only slightly more functional than the Broad St.area, the surrounding businesses would get a bump, and should be co-sponsors. However if you read it you have good ideas as well.&nbsp; Very few city management has ever came on here to correct something, add their 2 cents, or just ask for ideas.&nbsp; ]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 12 Aug 2010 02:17:22 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2988&amp;PID=20712&amp;title=broad-street-bash#20712</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>BROAD STREET BASH : Great Job Jim and your group!...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2988&amp;PID=19111&amp;title=broad-street-bash#19111</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=4">John Beagle</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2988<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;27&nbsp;2010 at 12:39pm<br /><br />Great Job Jim and your group! Once again you have brought an amazing variety of music and people to the downtown area. <br /><br />One giant step in the right economic direction.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 27 May 2010 12:39:52 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2988&amp;PID=19111&amp;title=broad-street-bash#19111</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>BROAD STREET BASH : thats a great idea i allways wanted...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2988&amp;PID=19094&amp;title=broad-street-bash#19094</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=621">ringmaster</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2988<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;26&nbsp;2010 at 5:08pm<br /><br />thats a great idea i allways wanted to see that done]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 26 May 2010 17:08:16 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2988&amp;PID=19094&amp;title=broad-street-bash#19094</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>BROAD STREET BASH : Ms. Skeens, I agree, in principle,...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2988&amp;PID=19072&amp;title=broad-street-bash#19072</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2988<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;24&nbsp;2010 at 7:17pm<br /><br />Ms. Skeens,<DIV>I agree, in principle, with much of what you say.&nbsp; I, too, shopped downtown as often as I could.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>However, I disagree that we can "stop the negative" by looking to the positive.&nbsp; Ignoring the negative will NOT make it go away.&nbsp; <strong><EM>We cannot solve our problems until we first admit they exist.</EM></strong>&nbsp; Ignoring problems simply will not help, and usually is the fertilizer that makes (or at least allows) them to grow.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>To solve problems is to examine them, understand them,&nbsp;address them, and prevent&nbsp;them from recurring.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 24 May 2010 19:17:39 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2988&amp;PID=19072&amp;title=broad-street-bash#19072</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>BROAD STREET BASH : Bobbie ~ You are correct when...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2988&amp;PID=19040&amp;title=broad-street-bash#19040</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=422">Marlayne Skeens</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2988<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;21&nbsp;2010 at 2:45pm<br /><br />Bobbie ~ You are correct when you say Downtown Middletown will never be the same ~ Most Places will never be the same ~ we all have memories of yesterdays gone by. <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>You are also correct, that some of the people that make comments on MiddletownUSA.com have Wonderful Ideas and I so wish their ideas would take place. </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Until then, we still need to leave the negativity behind. </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I for 1 do not think that the money that is spent on The Broad Street Bash is wasted. I'll be back to listen to the music, eat dinner from the vendors &amp; donate to Hope House. Again Thank You to Jim Wendel &amp; his gang!</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>The few businesses that are downtown still have to pay taxes and they are banking that Downtown has the possibility to come around. Thank you to the few that are trying.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I for 1 would love for the Downtown to make it. I use to come to the resturants when they were open and I hope that 56 Degree reopens.&nbsp;I shopped the few stores when it was a Covered Mall &amp; I will shop the few now. </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>If every business leaves Middletown, then I'll shop elswhere, which saddens me. If the shopping leaves, then we need to have plenty of greenspace and a Peaceful place to come home to. Middletown is peaceful compared to many cities and the traffic is lower. Middletown is the Perfect Bedroom Community for people to live and still be close to Cincinnati and Dayton. Let's clean up the city, bring up our school scores and invite the public to see just how Grand Middletown is. Where is that Middie Pride? Let's STOP the negative and look to The Positive. I believe The Broad Street Bash is Positive and we need more positive Community functions ~</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 21 May 2010 14:45:44 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2988&amp;PID=19040&amp;title=broad-street-bash#19040</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>BROAD STREET BASH : Well I think we all know that...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2988&amp;PID=19031&amp;title=broad-street-bash#19031</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=314">Bobbie</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2988<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;21&nbsp;2010 at 7:25am<br /><br />Well I think we all know that downtown will never be what it use to be.&nbsp; The BSB is great event for people to go to relax and have some fun.&nbsp; However, a lot of people hate to see money wasted downtown when all areas of the city are dying.&nbsp; Ultimately we need more business (not just small retail), to bring more jobs, to bring more income into the city.&nbsp; Then and only then will you see Middletown start to grow again.&nbsp; But what it looks like to many is that the powers to be are spending to much time on lands swap deals downtown, so certain individuals will make a big profit.&nbsp; In return, what did we create that was a good for Middletown?&nbsp; <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>You will see people gripe on this site.&nbsp; However if you read it you have good ideas as well.&nbsp; Very few city management has ever came on here to correct something, add their 2 cents, or just ask for ideas.&nbsp; They would rather say those MUSA bloggers don't know what they are talking about.&nbsp; I would challenge any one of them to come on here and discuss where they want the city to go, and how they want to get there.&nbsp; </DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 21 May 2010 07:25:16 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2988&amp;PID=19031&amp;title=broad-street-bash#19031</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>BROAD STREET BASH : Boy Did I start a Conversation...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2988&amp;PID=19027&amp;title=broad-street-bash#19027</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=422">Marlayne Skeens</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2988<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;20&nbsp;2010 at 11:15pm<br /><br /><P align=center>Boy Did I start a Conversation or what???????????</P><DIV align=center>I am NOT a Middletown born and raised person, but I want to say that there are a lot of born and raised Middletown people that are so negative ~ I married a Middletown man and I LOVE MIDDLETOWN !!! </DIV><DIV align=center>I have been here for almost 25 years and seen better days here;</DIV><DIV align=center>&nbsp;however, every town goes through peaks and valleys</DIV><DIV align=center>It's not about the East vs. the Downtown ~ It's about Community!!! AND YES, Middletown has problems AND YES, it is going to take more than The Broad Street Bash to solve the problems; however, </DIV><DIV align=center>I still say THANK YOU JIM WENDEL, TIM LEWIS and anyone else that has a hand in this event ~</DIV><DIV align=center>&nbsp;Yes, it would be nice if there were more shopping, restaurants, etc in the area; however, </DIV><DIV align=center>there are a few that are doing their best to bring more to Middletown ~ In Downtown and in the East ~ Instead of complaining and making things worse by your negative words, change your tune and look to what good there is ( even if only small&nbsp;things )&nbsp; Where Negative Thoughts are ~ Negative things will only come ~ </DIV><DIV align=center>Where Positive Thoughts are ~ Positive things can come from Positive Brainstorming. </DIV><DIV align=center>Middletown is a diamond in the rough right now ~ </DIV><DIV align=center>We can be part of a Positive Jeweler or we can be negative and have Fools Gold !!!</DIV><DIV align=center>&nbsp;What do you want??? </DIV><DIV align=center>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV align=center>&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 20 May 2010 23:15:30 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2988&amp;PID=19027&amp;title=broad-street-bash#19027</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>BROAD STREET BASH : Thank you, Marlayne, for your...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2988&amp;PID=19026&amp;title=broad-street-bash#19026</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=404">PattiGal</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2988<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;20&nbsp;2010 at 10:27pm<br /><br />Thank you, Marlayne, for your nice words about the Broad Street Bash! I, for one, am very supportive of any venue that brings together people for a sense of community, light-hearted entertainment, and <em>positive</em>enjoyment! I will attend every Wednesday I can!! There can never be too much effort to bring joy back to the fine people of Middletown!]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 20 May 2010 22:27:46 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2988&amp;PID=19026&amp;title=broad-street-bash#19026</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>BROAD STREET BASH : The BSB is great to bring people...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2988&amp;PID=19020&amp;title=broad-street-bash#19020</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=314">Bobbie</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2988<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;20&nbsp;2010 at 4:26pm<br /><br />The BSB is great to bring people downtown every other week - but are those same people utilizing the downtown at any other time.&nbsp; It is a successful bash, but not successfull to promote downtown.&nbsp; <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 20 May 2010 16:26:56 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2988&amp;PID=19020&amp;title=broad-street-bash#19020</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>BROAD STREET BASH : Hahahaha SW typical Middletown...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2988&amp;PID=19018&amp;title=broad-street-bash#19018</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=358">wasteful</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 2988<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;20&nbsp;2010 at 3:02pm<br /><br />Hahahaha SW typical Middletown head in the sand thinking.&nbsp; Whooopppeee you bring 500 people downtown and to do what.&nbsp; Shop at a High End Consignment shop, shop at Beauverre or maybe Waldon Studio's is making a killing from this Bash.&nbsp; You people must get past the East End of town against the Downtown mentality.&nbsp; This mentality is detrimental to the City overall.&nbsp; It is not a matter of East End vs. downtown to me.&nbsp; It is a matter of drawing more than just a few people that want a beer and a dog and watch a guy running around dressed up as a woman on stage.&nbsp; If all you are going to do is draw the same crowd for a few weeks downtown, I see little benefit.&nbsp; Excluding Pawn Shops, Second Hand stores, Consignment shops and the like I doubt many of the higher end businesses rely on Middletown Residents for their bread and butter.&nbsp; But hey lets not pull together as a City.&nbsp; Lets have the Downtown against the East End and you all wait holding your breathe for the train to come and the East End will pass you buy.&nbsp;&nbsp; No wonder other Cities dislike working with this city and it has the Reputation that it does in the area.&nbsp; <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Gee SW cities around the country&nbsp;use Mall parking lots for fairs, carnivals, art shows, etc. all of the time, you don't need a square to have a get together.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I think the people in that area are more than ready and don't want to truck downtown every time there is a Bash, Party, Festival, etc. especially when there is little else there.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>You people are to close minded for your own good.&nbsp; It was just a suggestion to maybe include more people, obviously you and the businesses downtown don't need additonal people.&nbsp; Fine by me.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I love the it isn't up to you.......part.&nbsp; Wouldn't want to have any new ideas floated.&nbsp; God forbid.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 20 May 2010 15:02:39 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2988&amp;PID=19018&amp;title=broad-street-bash#19018</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>