<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : 4th Ward gas???</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : City Council : 4th Ward gas???</description>
  <pubDate>Wed, 07 Oct 2026 02:30:29 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:04:39 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=3136</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>4th Ward gas??? : Interesting video Pacman thanks...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3136&amp;PID=20121&amp;title=4th-ward-gas#20121</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=295">Hermes</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3136<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jul&nbsp;15&nbsp;2010 at 3:04pm<br /><br /><strong>Interesting video Pacman thanks for posting.<DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV>&nbsp;<DIV>I get the feeling the energy companies don't really give a rats petuty just as long as the pipe gets laid. If it gets laid with minimal cost then thats the route to go no doubt. If a house explodes in 20 years hey it wasn't our fault must have been another crew that did that. </DIV></strong>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:04:39 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3136&amp;PID=20121&amp;title=4th-ward-gas#20121</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>4th Ward gas??? :  </title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3136&amp;PID=20116&amp;title=4th-ward-gas#20116</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=14">Pacman</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3136<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jul&nbsp;15&nbsp;2010 at 9:12am<br /><br /><iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gDNV6f-NJv8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> ]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:12:53 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3136&amp;PID=20116&amp;title=4th-ward-gas#20116</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>4th Ward gas??? : Master Plan Steering Committee...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3136&amp;PID=20114&amp;title=4th-ward-gas#20114</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3136<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jul&nbsp;15&nbsp;2010 at 7:21am<br /><br />Master Plan Steering Committee meets 2nite @ 6pm 4th floor of the city building. <DIV>Meetings r open 2 the public, though as listeners only.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>2nite's topic is economic development, with group facilitator Mr.Kohler and ED director Mr.Robinette scheduled to attend and speak.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>hope that the gas lines there(and under our homes/businesses) are not in violation, and more importantly, damgerous.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Mr.P--I emailed the Council Mr.P concerning the Supthin St.mess. He was very thorough and polite in his multiple responses, which is far more than I have recieved from most past and current Councilmembers.</DIV><DIV>Credit to him for taking time from his real life schedule.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 15 Jul 2010 07:21:19 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3136&amp;PID=20114&amp;title=4th-ward-gas#20114</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>4th Ward gas??? :  I spent some time last evening,...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3136&amp;PID=20113&amp;title=4th-ward-gas#20113</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3136<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jul&nbsp;15&nbsp;2010 at 5:57am<br /><br /><SPAN lang=EN><P>I spent some time last evening, and into the wee hours of this morning, in Mr. Picard’s Fourth Ward. I purposely went there to see what the “word on the street” and in the popular gathering places was concerning this apparent problem we have with the encroachment of gas lines into sanitary sewer lines.</P><P>What I found out was frightening.</P><P>First, a little background:</P><P>I do not have a copy of the International Property Maintenance Code, but if memory serves (always a risky proposition in my case) it incorporates by reference a number of standards which are common in the construction world. I would be amazed if, by reference or otherwise, a separation of at least 18” was not mandated for natural gas lines crossing sanitary sewer lines, and an even greater separation for such lines running parallel to one another. (As an aside, there are similar requirement for the separation of sewer lines and potable water lines, but that is a discussion for another day.) </P><P>Failing to abide by such mandates,&nbsp;is not just “naughty”. Such violations are not to be compared to, say, an individual innocently placing a shed a foot or two too close to a lot line, or perhaps accidentally parking a car too long in front of his home. </P><P>These code violation are <B><I>actually dangerous to life, limb and property</B></I> and may be completely hidden not only to the current owners or residents of properties, but also to innocent passers-by and future residents.</P><P>Even worse, the “word on the street” is that:</P><BLOCKQUOTE style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr><P>This is <B><I>NOT</B></I> the first such incident;</P><P>That other such incidents <B><I>have been covered up</B></I>;</P><P>That city officials are aware of many such violations but <B><I>have chosen </B></I>to “look the other way”;</P><P>That some gas laterals to homes were actually <B><I>run INSIDE </B></I>the sanitary laterals! <B><FONT color=#ff0000 face=Arial><FONT color=#ff0000 face=Arial>(As cynical as I can be, even I cannot belief this one, but I have been assured it is true!);</P></B></FONT></FONT><FONT face=Arial><P>That C,G&amp;E/Duke directed/approved of such installations;</P><P>That <B><I>most</B></I> members of City Council <B><I>are aware </B></I>of these violations!</P></BLOCKQUOTE><P>So, what about it, Mr. Picard???</P><P>I post here over my real name, and you DO know who I am, so I ask:</P><BLOCKQUOTE style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr><P>Mr. Picard, are YOU aware of this situation, and if so, what do YOU intend to do to protect the citizens of YOUR Fourth Ward and the rest of the city of Middletown?</P><P>Do YOU intend to call for an <B><I>INDEPENDENT investigation </B></I>to learn if Middletown City officials were aware of this situation and turned a blind eye?</P><P>What DO you intend to do to ascertain the extent of this situation, and rectify it?</P><P>Has this subject <strong>EVER</strong> been discussed <strong>by four or more Council members&nbsp;OUTSIDE</strong> of a City Council meeting?</P></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></SPAN>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 15 Jul 2010 05:57:16 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3136&amp;PID=20113&amp;title=4th-ward-gas#20113</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>