<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : 309 Aberdeen Dr $69,900</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : Real Estate for Sale : 309 Aberdeen Dr $69,900</description>
  <pubDate>Mon, 05 Oct 2026 17:26:12 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Thu, 05 Aug 2010 12:56:06 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=3173</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>309 Aberdeen Dr $69,900 : IMO - it would be illegal to offer...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3173&amp;PID=20569&amp;title=309-aberdeen-dr-69900#20569</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=314">Bobbie</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3173<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Aug&nbsp;05&nbsp;2010 at 12:56pm<br /><br />IMO - it would be illegal to offer special incentives to police/fireman that was suggested.<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>If I remember it was a few years ago that Miss. Gillilend wanted all city employees excluded from being able to use the downpayment program that was established by the city.&nbsp; </DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 05 Aug 2010 12:56:06 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3173&amp;PID=20569&amp;title=309-aberdeen-dr-69900#20569</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>309 Aberdeen Dr $69,900 : I believe I have found the answer...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3173&amp;PID=20558&amp;title=309-aberdeen-dr-69900#20558</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3173<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Aug&nbsp;05&nbsp;2010 at 9:50am<br /><br /><P =Default style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold"><FONT size=3>I believe I have found the answer why the City would buy a house on Gage &amp; Elmo and do a $100,000 worth of rehab. </FONT></SPAN><FONT size=3><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial">Ya know those poooor city worker need a nice place to live.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'"><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P =Default style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman"><B><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11.5pt">HOUSING SUBCOMMITTEE </SPAN></B><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11.5pt"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P =Default style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman"><B><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11.5pt">MINUTES - </SPAN></B><?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:date Year="2010" Day="5" M&#111;nth="2"><B><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11.5pt">February 5, 2010</SPAN></B></st1:date><B><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11.5pt"> </SPAN></B><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11.5pt"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P =Default style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11.5pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Members Present: Dan Picard, Anita Scott Jones <o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P><P =Default style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11.5pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Others Present: Larry Mulligan, City Manager Gilleland, Community Revitalization <o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P><P =Default style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11.5pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Director D. Adkins, Clerk Parr <BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P><P =Default style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><B>Housing Incentives for Public Employees </B><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P =Ms&#111;normal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">Mr. Adkins distributed information gathered about incentive programs offered in other municipalities. He said sixteen of <st1:City><st1:place>Middletown</st1:place></st1:City>’s 84 firefighters are residents and thirty of 80 police officers live within the City. Many communities used to have requirements for residency and the Supreme Court has overruled that. He asked committee members to look at the information and they can have further discussion. There was discussion about taking this to the bargaining units during contract negotiations. Staff is exploring ideas that would bring youth and people back to the City. <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN style="COLOR: red">Discussion included a lottery of NSP homes that could be spread broader based and create some excitement in the program.</SPAN></B> Staff will continue to look at programs<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 05 Aug 2010 09:50:04 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3173&amp;PID=20558&amp;title=309-aberdeen-dr-69900#20558</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>309 Aberdeen Dr $69,900 : By the way does anyone want to...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3173&amp;PID=20513&amp;title=309-aberdeen-dr-69900#20513</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=201">bchasteen</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3173<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Aug&nbsp;04&nbsp;2010 at 8:51am<br /><br />By the way does anyone want to purchase the house on Aberdeen? ]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 04 Aug 2010 08:51:37 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3173&amp;PID=20513&amp;title=309-aberdeen-dr-69900#20513</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>309 Aberdeen Dr $69,900 : I have some calls out myself and...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3173&amp;PID=20512&amp;title=309-aberdeen-dr-69900#20512</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=201">bchasteen</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3173<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Aug&nbsp;04&nbsp;2010 at 8:50am<br /><br />I have some calls out myself and waiting to hear back.&nbsp;Thanks for voicing your concerns.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 04 Aug 2010 08:50:41 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3173&amp;PID=20512&amp;title=309-aberdeen-dr-69900#20512</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>309 Aberdeen Dr $69,900 : The real questions to all of this...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3173&amp;PID=20508&amp;title=309-aberdeen-dr-69900#20508</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=377">Nelson Self</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3173<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Aug&nbsp;04&nbsp;2010 at 8:33am<br /><br /><FONT size=2>The real questions to all of this are quite simple:&nbsp; 1) Does the City of Middletown have City Council approved <strong><FONT color=#ff0000>Residential Acquisition/Disposition Policies and Procedures</FONT></strong> for HUD-funded activities administered by City staff;&nbsp;2) If not, <FONT color=#ff0000><strong>is it advisable </strong></FONT>for City staff to determine fair and reasonable compensation when acquiring and/or disposing of HUD-funded residential properties; and, 3) Is it really true that up to <FONT color=#ff0000><strong>$75,000 in HUD funds </strong></FONT>may be written off <FONT color=#ff0000><strong>(LOST) </strong></FONT>as part of any single real estate real estate transaction as per a senior Community Revitalization Department administrator.</FONT> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><FONT size=2>It seems quite clear that some reasonable written, City Council adopted parameters need to be in place.&nbsp; Otherwise, City staff can continue wasting HUD funds on <FONT color=#ff0000><strong>extravagant purchase and rehabilitation activities.</strong></FONT></FONT></DIV><DIV><strong><FONT color=#ff0000 size=2></FONT></strong>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><strong><FONT color=#0000ff size=2>THE BOTTOM LINE TO ALL OF THIS ISN'T WHETHER $59,000 OR $105,000 WAS SPENT PURCHASING THIS PROPERTY.&nbsp; THE ONLY PERTINENT ISSUE IS THAT THE CITY IS SPENDING ALMOST $150,000 FOR THE PURCHASE AND ACQUISITION OF THIS SINGLE-FAMILY HOME.&nbsp; IT MAKES ONE WONDER HOW MUCH NSP-1 FUNDS THAT THEY PLAN TO LOSE (SUBSIDIZE) WHEN A REHABBED 2605 ELMO IS PUT BACK ON THE MARKET FOR RESALE?</FONT></strong></DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 04 Aug 2010 08:33:38 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3173&amp;PID=20508&amp;title=309-aberdeen-dr-69900#20508</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>309 Aberdeen Dr $69,900 : As per the City of Middletown...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3173&amp;PID=20502&amp;title=309-aberdeen-dr-69900#20502</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3173<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Aug&nbsp;04&nbsp;2010 at 6:45am<br /><br /><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA">As per the City of </SPAN><?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA">Middletown NSP-1 Spreadsheet</SPAN></st1:place></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA"> <DIV><BR></SPAN><st1:date M&#111;nth="1" Day="28" Year="2010"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA">Jan 28, 2010</SPAN></st1:date><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA"> – City of </SPAN><st1:City><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA">Middletown</SPAN></st1:place></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA"> acquired 2605 Elmo for $58,289.76<BR><BR><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"></DIV></SPAN>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 04 Aug 2010 06:45:40 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3173&amp;PID=20502&amp;title=309-aberdeen-dr-69900#20502</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>309 Aberdeen Dr $69,900 : What a City? </title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3173&amp;PID=20499&amp;title=309-aberdeen-dr-69900#20499</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=377">Nelson Self</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3173<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Aug&nbsp;03&nbsp;2010 at 11:41pm<br /><br /><P>What a City?</P>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 03 Aug 2010 23:41:07 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3173&amp;PID=20499&amp;title=309-aberdeen-dr-69900#20499</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>309 Aberdeen Dr $69,900 : Ms. Chasteen: I have a call into...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3173&amp;PID=20497&amp;title=309-aberdeen-dr-69900#20497</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3173<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Aug&nbsp;03&nbsp;2010 at 10:17pm<br /><br />Ms. Chasteen:<DIV>I have a call into my source, but it has not yet been returned.&nbsp; I will not reveal my source without permission from that source,&nbsp; I cannot comment further until I see if I somehow misunderstood what&nbsp;I posted above.&nbsp; It was my understanding that what I posted were the dollar amounts and circumstances of purchases BY the city.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I would like to attend the meeting with Messrs. Self, Renwick, Leap, and yourself.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you all would agree to favor me with an&nbsp;invitation, it would be greatly appreciated.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 03 Aug 2010 22:17:52 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3173&amp;PID=20497&amp;title=309-aberdeen-dr-69900#20497</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>309 Aberdeen Dr $69,900 : As was said by Mike Presta, a...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3173&amp;PID=20489&amp;title=309-aberdeen-dr-69900#20489</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=377">Nelson Self</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3173<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Aug&nbsp;03&nbsp;2010 at 7:39pm<br /><br /><P>As was said by Mike Presta, a respected local member of the Middletown Board of REALTORS recently provided a few people the information on recent sales of residential property to the City of Middletown.&nbsp; The only information that I have to go on is from the City's own website.</P><DIV>I would welcome the opportunity to meet with Paul Renwick, Walter Leap and you.&nbsp; During my two years with the City of Middletown I worked very, very closely with local members of your organization plus mortgage bankers and target neighborhoods residents.&nbsp; In 2008 alone we utilized HUD funds (HOME Program) to assist 60 low to moderate income first-time home buyers in purchasing homes.&nbsp; We also began the highly popular first-time affordable home buyers pre-purchase education classes in November 2007.&nbsp; We also jointly sponsored several homeownership promotion events with the Middletown Board of REALTORS as well.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Affordable homeownership was then a priority of the City.&nbsp; It can (and should) be once again!&nbsp; Spending well over $100,000 and as much as $200,000+ to acquire and rehab houses is a gross waste of hard-earned taxpayers money!</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 03 Aug 2010 19:39:45 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3173&amp;PID=20489&amp;title=309-aberdeen-dr-69900#20489</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>309 Aberdeen Dr $69,900 : Mr. Self,  If you want to call...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3173&amp;PID=20488&amp;title=309-aberdeen-dr-69900#20488</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=201">bchasteen</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3173<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Aug&nbsp;03&nbsp;2010 at 7:27pm<br /><br /><DIV>Mr. Self,</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>If you want to call me please do, I need to check out all this before making any comments. I do feel&nbsp;that I'm a&nbsp; honest, community-minded member of the &nbsp;Middletown Board of REALTORS. Feel free to ask Mr. Renwick and Mr. Leap both&nbsp;&nbsp;are members of the Board of Directors.&nbsp;We would be glad to listen to your concerns in person if that would make you happy. Please contact me to discuss this futher. I will not respond on a pubic message board without more info. Thanks!</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 03 Aug 2010 19:27:58 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3173&amp;PID=20488&amp;title=309-aberdeen-dr-69900#20488</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>