<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : Adam Smith V. PAC-Scam???</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : City Council : Adam Smith V. PAC-Scam???</description>
  <pubDate>Wed, 07 Oct 2026 10:32:28 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Fri, 06 Aug 2010 08:00:58 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=3188</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>Adam Smith V. PAC-Scam??? : Mr. Laubach? Am I confused? Did...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3188&amp;PID=20601&amp;title=adam-smith-v-pacscam#20601</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3188<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Aug&nbsp;06&nbsp;2010 at 8:00am<br /><br /><P>Mr. Laubach?&nbsp; Am I confused?&nbsp; Did you mean some <EM><strong>other</strong></EM> Adam Smith???</P>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 06 Aug 2010 08:00:58 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3188&amp;PID=20601&amp;title=adam-smith-v-pacscam#20601</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Adam Smith V. PAC-Scam??? :  Adam Smith V. PAC-Scam 1. Smith...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3188&amp;PID=20555&amp;title=adam-smith-v-pacscam#20555</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3188<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Aug&nbsp;05&nbsp;2010 at 1:40am<br /><br /><SPAN lang=EN><P><FONT size=2>Adam Smith V. PAC-Scam</FONT></P><P><FONT size=2>1. Smith believed that government should not attempt to control or direct economic activity.</FONT></P><P><FONT size=2>PAC-Scam is the epitome of government attempting to control and direct economic activity, and following a proven failed model to boot!</FONT></P><P><FONT size=2>2. Smith believed that the progress of human well-being has been due and will continue to be due primarily to free exchange, which makes possible division of labor, and that government cannot hasten this natural process.</FONT></P><P><FONT size=2>PAC-Scam is totally based on the premise that the government can hasten the process of human well-being by <B><I>preventing</B></FONT></I><FONT size=2> free exchange.</FONT></P><P><FONT size=2>3. Smith believed that economic growth is inhibited by government spending for unproductive labor, and it is better to have less government and, consequently, <strong>lower taxes</strong>.</FONT></P><P><FONT size=2>PAC-Scam is driven by money borrowed by government from our enemies, to be paid back using taxes confiscated from the productive labor of our children and grandchildren, and using this blood money to <B><I>prevent </B></FONT></I><FONT size=2>free exchange, and consequently, <strong><EM>raising taxes!!!</EM></strong></FONT></P><P><FONT size=2>4. Smith believed that markets usually produced better results than did government intervention.<BR>PAC-Scam flies in the face of Smith’s belief, and is trying to demonstrate that government intervention will produce a result where the market has failed, by subsidizing one player so that never again in this area can there be a level playing field in this market!!!</FONT></P><P><FONT size=2>Allow me to stop at this point and ask Mr. Laubach a few questions:</FONT></P><P><FONT size=2>Mr. Laubch, as a student of Adam Smith, and being the one who introduced him into this debate, please explain:</FONT></P><P><FONT size=2>1. You feel that this PAC-Scam will encourage business development in the area. How do you expect a new restaurant to be able to compete with the coffee shop at PAC-Scam since the PAC-Scam’s coffee shop:</FONT></P><BLOCKQUOTE style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr><DIV><FONT size=2>a) had no real estate acquisition or rent expense;</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=2>b) had no remodeling expense; </FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=2>c) received financing that does not have to be repaid???</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE><P><FONT size=2>2. How do you expect another picture frame business to compete with the picture frame shop at PAC-Scam, given a), b), and c) above???</FONT></P><P><FONT size=2>3. How do you expect any other artist studio venue to be able to compete with the studios at PAC-Scam, given a), b), and c) above???</FONT></P><DIV><FONT size=2>This PAC-Scam will create a<strong> monopoly,</strong> Mr. Laubach.&nbsp;Need I remind you of Adam Smith's view of <strong>monopolies,</strong> Sir?</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=2>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=2><B>Forget the rest of Adam Smith’s fine theories!!! </B>Given the fact that PAC-Scam will GUARANTEE that NO OTHER art studio venue, framing shop, or café <B><I>will EVER be able to fairly compete in downtown Middletown again </B></FONT></I><FONT size=2>(and it will be thanks to <B><I>THIS</B></FONT></I><FONT size=2> city council, <B>NOT</B> any <B>PAST</B> city council) how can YOU, Mr. Laubach, fail to strongly lobby <B><I>AGAINST</B></FONT></I><FONT size=2> this scam, let alone fail to <B><I>VOTE against it???</DIV></B></FONT></I><P><FONT size=2>I patiently await your kind reply.</FONT></P><P><FONT size=2>Regards,</FONT></P><P><FONT size=2>Mike Presta</FONT></P></SPAN>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 05 Aug 2010 01:40:18 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3188&amp;PID=20555&amp;title=adam-smith-v-pacscam#20555</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>