<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : National Service</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : Middletown News, Info and Happenings : National Service</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 01:55:14 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Fri, 29 Oct 2010 23:30:26 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=3319</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>National Service : You mention 18 years old as the...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3319&amp;PID=22790&amp;title=national-service#22790</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=655">angelababy</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3319<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;29&nbsp;2010 at 11:30pm<br /><br />You mention 18 years old as the minimum age- what would be the maximum age in your program? He is 26 now. He may not even apply because of his age.<br><br>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 29 Oct 2010 23:30:26 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3319&amp;PID=22790&amp;title=national-service#22790</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>National Service : I personally love the military....</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3319&amp;PID=21708&amp;title=national-service#21708</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=281">rngrmed</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3319<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;27&nbsp;2010 at 3:26pm<br /><br />I personally love the military.&nbsp; I have served and have considered going back.&nbsp; Being that I was in special operations and having friends that are currently in Special Forces, my wife isn't too keen on the idea.&nbsp; They rotate to the Middle East every 6 months.&nbsp; <DIV>Having said that, I don't believe requiring all young men/women to serve is the answer.&nbsp; Look at how many of our soldiers are in prisons.&nbsp;&nbsp; How many are lost once they get out.&nbsp; A person has to want to serve. </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>It was said on other boards that parents need to be more involved.&nbsp;&nbsp;I believe that.&nbsp; Kids need strong mentors and people to be involved in their lives.&nbsp; Told they can succeed.&nbsp; Even if kids need to take out student loans to pay for school, college is an option for them. Or even the military is an option.&nbsp; Options need to be pointed out to kids earlier and reinforced throughout school.&nbsp; </DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:26:43 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3319&amp;PID=21708&amp;title=national-service#21708</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>National Service : Vet We have strong young men walking...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3319&amp;PID=21700&amp;title=national-service#21700</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3319<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;27&nbsp;2010 at 12:41pm<br /><br /><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA">Vet<BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>We have strong young men walking the streets that have not graduated from high school with no skills, no jobs and no goals. The longer they are on the streets the greater their chance of being sent to prison where we will pay $40,000 a year to keep them locked up.<DIV></DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:41:47 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3319&amp;PID=21700&amp;title=national-service#21700</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>National Service : Vivian- my son was in school and...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3319&amp;PID=21699&amp;title=national-service#21699</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=114">VietVet</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3319<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;27&nbsp;2010 at 10:28am<br /><br />Vivian- my son was in school and has two years in and quit temporarily to work to start paying on his student loans. He plans to go back to school, just doesn't know when. How do you think this would play out in your suggestion? You mention 18 years old as the minimum age- what would be the maximum age in your program? He is 26 now. He may not even apply because of his age. <br /><br />Hermes- wouldn't a little basic training and the discipline it provides (or did provide in our day) help alot of these younger people organize and prioritize their lives better than what we see nowadays? Couldn't hurt IMO. <br /><br />I agree, Pac. Need to include the women also. Why not, they participate now in the war efforts. ]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 27 Sep 2010 10:28:20 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3319&amp;PID=21699&amp;title=national-service#21699</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>National Service : Since I&amp;#039;m old school I think...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3319&amp;PID=21698&amp;title=national-service#21698</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=295">Hermes</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3319<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;27&nbsp;2010 at 9:48am<br /><br /><strong>Since I'm old school I think everyone 18 and up should serve a minimum of 3 years service in one of the branches of military. <DIV></DIV>&nbsp;<DIV></DIV>As for national service I would need to know what exactly that is. </strong>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 27 Sep 2010 09:48:53 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3319&amp;PID=21698&amp;title=national-service#21698</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>National Service : Pacman Military rules but not...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3319&amp;PID=21697&amp;title=national-service#21697</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3319<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;27&nbsp;2010 at 9:40am<br /><br /><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA">Pacman<DIV>Military rules but not military service.<BR>It could also apply to young women however I wouldn'y want them to serve together...</DIV></SPAN>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 27 Sep 2010 09:40:14 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3319&amp;PID=21697&amp;title=national-service#21697</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>National Service : Are you talking about Conscription...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3319&amp;PID=21696&amp;title=national-service#21696</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=14">Pacman</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3319<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;27&nbsp;2010 at 7:38am<br /><br />Are you talking about Conscription into the Military or into some thing like the AmeriCorps?&nbsp; Also why only the Men?]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 27 Sep 2010 07:38:48 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3319&amp;PID=21696&amp;title=national-service#21696</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>National Service : We have had some wonderful discussions...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3319&amp;PID=21695&amp;title=national-service#21695</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3319<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;27&nbsp;2010 at 7:08am<br /><br /><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA">We have had some wonderful discussions on this blog about a wide range of topics but I would like to hear your opinion about requiring every young male 18 years of age that is not attending school to perform 2 years of National Service. </SPAN>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 27 Sep 2010 07:08:46 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3319&amp;PID=21695&amp;title=national-service#21695</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>