<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : SunCoke Plant - Planning Commission Vote</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : AK Steel in Middletown, Ohio : SunCoke Plant - Planning Commission Vote</description>
  <pubDate>Mon, 05 Oct 2026 15:28:07 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Wed, 15 Oct 2008 09:53:38 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=348</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>SunCoke Plant - Planning Commission Vote : This might just be the case where...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=348&amp;PID=2375&amp;title=suncoke-plant-planning-commission-vote#2375</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=4">John Beagle</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 348<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;15&nbsp;2008 at 9:53am<br /><br />This might just be the case where you can fight city hall.<br /><br /><br />]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 15 Oct 2008 09:53:38 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=348&amp;PID=2375&amp;title=suncoke-plant-planning-commission-vote#2375</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>SunCoke Plant - Planning Commission Vote : We all knew this was going to...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=348&amp;PID=2366&amp;title=suncoke-plant-planning-commission-vote#2366</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=14">Pacman</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 348<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;14&nbsp;2008 at 1:48pm<br /><br />We all knew this was going to happen.&nbsp; It is called delay, delay and more delay.&nbsp; As according to SunCoke if it is not done in&nbsp;12 months or so they will pull out.......hmmmmmmmmmmm we will see.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:48:12 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=348&amp;PID=2366&amp;title=suncoke-plant-planning-commission-vote#2366</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>SunCoke Plant - Planning Commission Vote : Even Monroe is getting into the...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=348&amp;PID=2363&amp;title=suncoke-plant-planning-commission-vote#2363</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=106">Middletown News</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 348<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;14&nbsp;2008 at 11:39am<br /><br />Even Monroe is getting into the act! <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><SPAN =Apple-style-span style="WORD-SPACING: 0px; FONT: 15px/21px georgia; TEXT-TRANS: n&#111;ne; COLOR: rgb0,0,0; TEXT-INDENT: 0px; WHITE-SPACE: normal; LETTER-SPACING: normal; BORDER-COLLAPSE: separate; orphans: 2; widows: 2; -webkit-border-horiz&#111;ntal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorati&#111;ns-in-effect: n&#111;ne; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0">The city of Monroe is taking action to make sure that the operation of a $354 million coke plant project in Middletown meets state environmental standards.</SPAN></DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 14 Oct 2008 11:39:20 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=348&amp;PID=2363&amp;title=suncoke-plant-planning-commission-vote#2363</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>SunCoke Plant - Planning Commission Vote : &amp;#034;The city is in the process...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=348&amp;PID=2362&amp;title=suncoke-plant-planning-commission-vote#2362</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=106">Middletown News</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 348<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;14&nbsp;2008 at 11:37am<br /><br /><SPAN =Apple-style-span style="WORD-SPACING: 0px; FONT: 15px/21px georgia; TEXT-TRANS: n&#111;ne; COLOR: rgb0,0,0; TEXT-INDENT: 0px; WHITE-SPACE: normal; LETTER-SPACING: normal; BORDER-COLLAPSE: separate; orphans: 2; widows: 2; -webkit-border-horiz&#111;ntal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorati&#111;ns-in-effect: n&#111;ne; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0">"The city is in the process of preparing its responses to the lawsuits," said Les Landen, city law director, who said Bette Ann Metzcar of Niederlander Lane, also has filed a lawsuit identical to the Moore's.</SPAN>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 14 Oct 2008 11:37:39 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=348&amp;PID=2362&amp;title=suncoke-plant-planning-commission-vote#2362</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>SunCoke Plant - Planning Commission Vote : Matthew and Lori Moore of Niederlander...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=348&amp;PID=2361&amp;title=suncoke-plant-planning-commission-vote#2361</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=106">Middletown News</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 348<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;14&nbsp;2008 at 11:36am<br /><br /><SPAN =Apple-style-span style="WORD-SPACING: 0px; FONT: 15px/21px georgia; TEXT-TRANS: n&#111;ne; COLOR: rgb0,0,0; TEXT-INDENT: 0px; WHITE-SPACE: normal; LETTER-SPACING: normal; BORDER-COLLAPSE: separate; orphans: 2; widows: 2; -webkit-border-horiz&#111;ntal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorati&#111;ns-in-effect: n&#111;ne; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0">Matthew and Lori Moore of Niederlander Lane on Sept. 23 filed a suit against the city of Middletown, citing the city's actions in the rezoning were "arbitrary, capricious, unreasonable and unconstitutional as applied to the Martin/Bake property ..."</SPAN>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 14 Oct 2008 11:36:38 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=348&amp;PID=2361&amp;title=suncoke-plant-planning-commission-vote#2361</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>SunCoke Plant - Planning Commission Vote : I believe council said and did...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=348&amp;PID=1067&amp;title=suncoke-plant-planning-commission-vote#1067</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=4">John Beagle</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 348<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;09&nbsp;2008 at 5:40pm<br /><br />I believe council said and did all they could resaonably. Heck even Tony Marconi showed up at the prayer vigil.<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>The air quality in the area will be the same if the plant is located where planned or across Yankee, where others have approved.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 09 May 2008 17:40:13 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=348&amp;PID=1067&amp;title=suncoke-plant-planning-commission-vote#1067</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>SunCoke Plant - Planning Commission Vote : .308 -- I couldn&amp;#039;t agree...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=348&amp;PID=1066&amp;title=suncoke-plant-planning-commission-vote#1066</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=89">Murdock</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 348<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;09&nbsp;2008 at 4:06pm<br /><br />&nbsp; .308&nbsp; -- I couldn't agree with you more!&nbsp; Council was concerned, but they&nbsp; also have to do a job for the city.&nbsp; They would be criticized no matter what they did.&nbsp; They sure don't get paid enough to deal with issues like this so I wish everybody who "knows exactly what to do" runs for council because the City of MIddletown will be just perfect]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 09 May 2008 16:06:17 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=348&amp;PID=1066&amp;title=suncoke-plant-planning-commission-vote#1066</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>SunCoke Plant - Planning Commission Vote : You all might think I am naive...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=348&amp;PID=1063&amp;title=suncoke-plant-planning-commission-vote#1063</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=29">.308</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 348<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;09&nbsp;2008 at 3:01pm<br /><br /><P>You all might think I am naive for this statement but I sincerely believe that the Middletown City Council came across as very caring and concerned about the outcome of this vote rezoning the Bake-Martin farm. I think council understood the importance of the vote and that no matter how the vote turned out that a lot of people would be upset. And just so you can put me on your boycott list right now I think council did the right thing.</P><P>But speaking of upset: Whats really starting to get on my nerves is all these people from Monroe who act like the world will end if they have to breathe any part of the air that we in Middletown have lived with our entire lives. </P><P>If air quality is so all consuming and important to these Monroe people could some one please tell me what they have been doing about it before they thought it would affect them? Really, what can you tell me? Because I would hate to so quickly dismiss such a large group of our neighbors as hypocrites who just learned to spell particulate matter when some one told them it was headed their way.</P><P>The last thing thats bothering me is the entire Not In My Back Yard" mentality that plagues this entire country. Though I am sure its just human nature, and I admit there are plenty in this world whose shoes I would not want to be in, there are a good number of necessary evils that we must endure to support the well being of the country as a whole.</P><P>Besides, if we could push a button and magically move any factory that ever polluted our environment, or cost a loved one an arm or a limb or a life, if we could some how make go away every factory with every smoke stack that disturbed anyones view and lowered their property value, where would we be?</P><P>We would be living in the early 18th century with no electricity, no combustion engines, no medical care beyond natural herbs and home remedies, and no internet on which to spend our days crying.</P>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 09 May 2008 15:01:23 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=348&amp;PID=1063&amp;title=suncoke-plant-planning-commission-vote#1063</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>SunCoke Plant - Planning Commission Vote :  Garden Manor Attorney </title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=348&amp;PID=1052&amp;title=suncoke-plant-planning-commission-vote#1052</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=4">John Beagle</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 348<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;07&nbsp;2008 at 4:55pm<br /><br /><EMBED id=VideoPlayback style="WIDTH: 400px; HEIGHT: 326px" src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=9001978467011733008&amp;hl=en type=application/x-shockwave-flash flashvars="">&nbsp;<DIV></EMBED>Garden Manor Attorney </DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 07 May 2008 16:55:58 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=348&amp;PID=1052&amp;title=suncoke-plant-planning-commission-vote#1052</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>SunCoke Plant - Planning Commission Vote : Murdock.  I agree. I don&amp;#039;t...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=348&amp;PID=1050&amp;title=suncoke-plant-planning-commission-vote#1050</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=29">.308</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 348<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;07&nbsp;2008 at 2:02pm<br /><br />Murdock.<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I agree. I don't think Garden Manor will go anywhere.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 07 May 2008 14:02:06 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=348&amp;PID=1050&amp;title=suncoke-plant-planning-commission-vote#1050</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>