<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : more fun--b there!</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : Community Events : more fun--b there!</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 16:18:35 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Thu, 02 Dec 2010 10:37:55 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=3490</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>more fun--b there! : my &amp;#034;role&amp;#034; in this series?...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3490&amp;PID=23721&amp;title=more-funb-there#23721</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3490<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;02&nbsp;2010 at 10:37am<br /><br />my "role" in this series? <DIV>I am the local "facilitator"--someone not affiliated with Miami to make things happen.</DIV><DIV>No financial interest or reward whatsoever.</DIV><DIV>This is strictly a Miamu U-sponsored series, being operated by Howard Epstein in conjunction with the long-successful MU-H series, of which I have been a subscriber since the initial Doc Watson/Seldom Scene show 25+ years ago.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Howard and I have discussed this concept for a few years, and with his teaching retirement and the blessing of Miami admin, he was offered an opportunity to revive the local artist series at MU-M.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>My current function is to promote the series locally, involve as many as possible to help fill the seats, meet the groups when they arrive, arrange backstage and amenities, assist the artists with whatever needs might arise, and pretty much make them happy and glad to be here.</DIV><DIV>So far-so good--took the Doc Watson group to The Meadows, and provided healthy eats/drinks for Trombone Shorty and Co. Spent time with all of them and they all left happy. Shorty said that he would have no problem returning, while he had a small crowd, they were very enthusiastic.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>The Punch Brothers show will be on a SUNDAY evening.</DIV><DIV>What else do u need to know, Ms.Patti?&nbsp; </DIV><DIV>Your role is to be there and hopefully enjoy yourself if you choose.</DIV><DIV>nosy nosy nosy</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 02 Dec 2010 10:37:55 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3490&amp;PID=23721&amp;title=more-funb-there#23721</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>more fun--b there! : And Spider....if I can ask...?...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3490&amp;PID=23710&amp;title=more-funb-there#23710</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=404">PattiGal</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3490<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;02&nbsp;2010 at 7:54am<br /><br />And Spider....if I can ask...? What is your role in bringing all this talent here?]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 02 Dec 2010 07:54:35 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3490&amp;PID=23710&amp;title=more-funb-there#23710</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>more fun--b there! : tix r $22 adults--$15 students can...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3490&amp;PID=23709&amp;title=more-funb-there#23709</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3490<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;02&nbsp;2010 at 7:52am<br /><br />tix r $22&nbsp; adults--$15 students<DIV>can be purchased at the MU-M Campus office</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Keb Mo and Randy Newman are both selling very well--over 50% sold so far with 2 months 2 go.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Thile will be an icon for decades. He is stll very young.</DIV><DIV>Reminds me of the young Bela Fleck(who will eventually be here for this series, along with bro Voctor Wooten) hopefully. My picks--very cool guys also.</DIV><DIV>Look for the Flecktones to possibly turn up in Oxford on their next tour.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Punch Brothers appeal to all age groups, and the individual playing will blow you away.</DIV><DIV>I have seen them all in many different arrangements.</DIV><DIV>I like the Nickle Creek lps(cds-oops!) better, though I like Punch Brothers better live.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Probably never again for these artists in Middletown.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>This series has unlimited potential if we can keep local support/enthusiasm.</DIV><DIV>Miami U brass seems very pleased so far.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 02 Dec 2010 07:52:20 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3490&amp;PID=23709&amp;title=more-funb-there#23709</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>more fun--b there! : That&amp;#039;s some HOT pickin&amp;#039;,...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3490&amp;PID=23696&amp;title=more-funb-there#23696</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=404">PattiGal</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3490<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;01&nbsp;2010 at 8:56pm<br /><br />That's some HOT pickin', Spider. How much are tickets and where do you purchase??? O...and thank you for the info!!!]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 01 Dec 2010 20:56:11 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3490&amp;PID=23696&amp;title=more-funb-there#23696</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>more fun--b there! : I like Nickle creek </title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3490&amp;PID=23695&amp;title=more-funb-there#23695</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=84">gemneye70</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3490<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;01&nbsp;2010 at 8:18pm<br /><br />I like Nickle creek]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 01 Dec 2010 20:18:18 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3490&amp;PID=23695&amp;title=more-funb-there#23695</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>more fun--b there! : Great choice, Spider! I plan to...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3490&amp;PID=23637&amp;title=more-funb-there#23637</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=610">DuaneGordon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3490<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Nov&nbsp;29&nbsp;2010 at 3:19pm<br /><br /><P>Great choice, Spider! I plan to attend. I've not seen Chris perform with his new band yet, but I caught him a couple of times with his old band, Nickel Creek, and have all of their CDs plus a couple of his solo albums. I'd put N.C. in my top 10 favorite artists of all time, largely due to him. He's simply phenomenal! </P>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:19:23 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3490&amp;PID=23637&amp;title=more-funb-there#23637</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>more fun--b there! : Chris Thile and the Punch Brothers...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3490&amp;PID=23624&amp;title=more-funb-there#23624</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3490<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Nov&nbsp;29&nbsp;2010 at 7:17am<br /><br />Chris Thile and the Punch Brothers will fill Finkleman MU-M with brilliant sounds on 1/23/11. <DIV>Don't miss out on this wonderful opportunity to see/hear a few of the brightest young musicians on the planet.</DIV><DIV>I have seen this group b4--they will take you somewhere new! My pick--so help me out by attending the show!</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSZ40V0teGM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSZ40V0teGM</A></DIV><DIV><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qayc6yJXG-8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qayc6yJXG-8</A></DIV><DIV><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=braQeLkJUvE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=braQeLkJUvE</A></DIV><DIV><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1NNBf7uVQ4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1NNBf7uVQ4</A></DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>2 b followed by:</DIV><DIV>Keb Mo</DIV><DIV>Randy Newman</DIV><DIV>Arlo Guthrie</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>A chance for everyone to leave their differences behind to unite for the joy of incredible live music once again here in Middletown at a very affordable price.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 29 Nov 2010 07:17:31 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3490&amp;PID=23624&amp;title=more-funb-there#23624</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>