<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : Don&#039;t wait on the train</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : News, Info and Happenings outside Middletown : Don&#039;t wait on the train</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 10:42:00 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Sun, 19 Dec 2010 17:15:03 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=3538</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>Don&#039;t wait on the train : Mtown, you mean to say they destoryed...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3538&amp;PID=24304&amp;title=dont-wait-on-the-train#24304</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=334">acclaro</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3538<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;19&nbsp;2010 at 5:15pm<br /><br />Mtown, you mean to say they destoryed Paradise to put up a parking lot?<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><a href="http://youtu.be/tvtJPs8IDgU" target="_blank">http://youtu.be/tvtJPs8IDgU</A></DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 19 Dec 2010 17:15:03 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3538&amp;PID=24304&amp;title=dont-wait-on-the-train#24304</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Don&#039;t wait on the train : sj no more. Get it.Ttransformation....</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3538&amp;PID=24303&amp;title=dont-wait-on-the-train#24303</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=334">acclaro</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3538<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;19&nbsp;2010 at 4:10pm<br /><br />sj no more. Get it.&nbsp;Ttransformation. Remember, its the journey, not the destiny.&nbsp;Got Art? That's the destiny.<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><a href="http://youtu.be/XRShWun7Mc4" target="_blank">http://youtu.be/XRShWun7Mc4</A></DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:10:30 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3538&amp;PID=24303&amp;title=dont-wait-on-the-train#24303</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Don&#039;t wait on the train : Hey Spider (Steve Dillman) as...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3538&amp;PID=24302&amp;title=dont-wait-on-the-train#24302</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=677">Mtown</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3538<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;19&nbsp;2010 at 3:26pm<br /><br />Hey Spider (Steve Dillman) as a fellow Middletown business person I'm interested in how much money you borrowed from the City?]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 19 Dec 2010 15:26:46 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3538&amp;PID=24302&amp;title=dont-wait-on-the-train#24302</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Don&#039;t wait on the train : OK--the more that I think about...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3538&amp;PID=24300&amp;title=dont-wait-on-the-train#24300</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3538<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;19&nbsp;2010 at 2:07pm<br /><br />OK--the more that I think about it, didn't the city buy the rec center/revelos parcels, then swap them to Duncan for the Office"Outfitter and Clark parcels in an "even exchange"? I believe the city now owns those former Duncan properties. No taxation revenues any more. Same with the former banks, cg&amp;e and Manchester? <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>no interest in any of that acclaro</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Hermes' post on this topic ranks up with the best most perfect humorous responses ever on any site.</DIV><DIV>Neat poetry around here also.</DIV><DIV>Who said that we weren't an artsy forum? Creative expression!</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Actually I wuz gonna catch&nbsp;da first slow&nbsp;train outta here to wherever it was sposed to go</DIV><DIV>I&nbsp;kin b one of dem sad faces in da pitcher 2. Waitin on dat bench in da cold snow.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Hermes--dem artty folk down dere tol me dat train was still a'comin!</DIV><DIV>So--peepul get reddy</DIV><DIV>train's a'comin'</DIV><DIV>no baggage--jus get on bored</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>take my arm---take my leg</DIV><DIV>please don't take my head!!</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 19 Dec 2010 14:07:26 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3538&amp;PID=24300&amp;title=dont-wait-on-the-train#24300</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Don&#039;t wait on the train : All I doing us providing facts...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3538&amp;PID=24298&amp;title=dont-wait-on-the-train#24298</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=677">Mtown</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3538<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;19&nbsp;2010 at 1:09pm<br /><br />All I doing us providing facts while you make up whatever you feel like.<br />]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 19 Dec 2010 13:09:53 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3538&amp;PID=24298&amp;title=dont-wait-on-the-train#24298</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Don&#039;t wait on the train : Mtown - I&amp;#039;m not real sure...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3538&amp;PID=24296&amp;title=dont-wait-on-the-train#24296</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=295">Hermes</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3538<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;19&nbsp;2010 at 12:38pm<br /><br /><strong>Mtown - I'm not real sure what your purpose is here,I do know it's not to participate &amp; indulge in intelligent conversation and to help shed light on the problems that seem to spew from city hall like a volcano.<DIV></DIV>&nbsp;<DIV></DIV>If you think it's fun to antagonize members of this board it's not really working and all your doing is making a fool out of yourself. If you scroll back up you said in your post the exact same thing I posted prior ! (different words but same meaning) Your not fooling anyone here except yourself. <DIV></DIV>&nbsp;<DIV></DIV></strong>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 19 Dec 2010 12:38:17 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3538&amp;PID=24296&amp;title=dont-wait-on-the-train#24296</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Don&#039;t wait on the train : Spider, spider, spider, you are...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3538&amp;PID=24293&amp;title=dont-wait-on-the-train#24293</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=677">Mtown</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3538<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;19&nbsp;2010 at 11:56am<br /><br />Spider, spider, spider, you are perhaps the most delusional of all the MiddletownUSA regulars.  I know a little more than you on this because of my business relationship with the former owners of the Jacks Rec and Revelos property.<br /><br />The City didn't purchase the Office Outfitters and former gas station site.  The City purchased the Jacks Rec and Revelos property.  The City then exchanged the property they acquired with Duncan Oil.  As part of the exchange Duncan Oil cleared all the property.<br /><br />All you have to do Spider is spend a little more time doing research and a little less time armchair theorizing.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 19 Dec 2010 11:56:02 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3538&amp;PID=24293&amp;title=dont-wait-on-the-train#24293</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Don&#039;t wait on the train : sj, thank you for the FACTUAL...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3538&amp;PID=24292&amp;title=dont-wait-on-the-train#24292</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=334">acclaro</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3538<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;19&nbsp;2010 at 11:44am<br /><br />sj, thank you for the FACTUAL history associated with this failed effort associated with the "whistle blowing." Middletown wold have been at the kaboose end anyway. <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>(i) I hope your reference&nbsp;about out of here wasn't you are leaving what you provide in this forum, always informative and helpful</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>(ii) You consoider running for office, you won't find a bigger supporter than me, check book, otherwise.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>(iii) How about a sneek in the sunshine---I have some insight from Posey associated with LM and the "glass house" that those whom throw rocks should desire to avoid.&nbsp;Younger indiscretions can come back to bite.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>(iv) Looking forward to the venue at MUM in January, need something to restore sanity and escape hatch for a few hours.&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 19 Dec 2010 11:44:12 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3538&amp;PID=24292&amp;title=dont-wait-on-the-train#24292</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Don&#039;t wait on the train : OK Mtown--I am supposed to be...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3538&amp;PID=24290&amp;title=dont-wait-on-the-train#24290</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3538<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;19&nbsp;2010 at 11:19am<br /><br />OK Mtown--I am supposed to be out of here, however you either came into the mix mid-stream, or have been a very minor player in the years of propert y-shuffling on this project. You have conveniently twisted the facts to make your point. I couldn't pass this up. <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Duncan initially acquired the former Office Outfitter property and connected real estate to develop their fuel center convenient store on that property. Finkleman group held out on a very small connecting strip adjacent to get a nice windfall since their property was necessary, and the muffler shop never did play along like the city wanted. Duncan decided not to invest at that site. I was asked if I wanted to take over the project or manage the facility if built. I declined, since I would have been competing with myself. Subsequently I was offered that property often, with the price dropping to near nothing. Duncan failed to deliver on their promise at that location. MAYBE they caught wind of the proposed train concept and were advised to hold out for the much better location between Central and 1st Ave.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>City then did an about-face during the rail hysteria, "purchasing" the Office Outfitter site, the Clark station site(combined for over $300,000--ridiculous over-payment and poor use of city funds) so that Duncan could use the funds(+ govt.grant/subsidy $$??) to "purchase" the prior mentioned Central/1st property for approx. $400,000-$500,000. The former Office Outfitter site was then slated to be a very expensive parking lot for train passengers etc.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>As to who payed for the property demos at the Office Outfitter site, Clark site and Rec Center site--I am not clear. Maybe you or someone else can honestly answer that ??. And at what cost.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>So--you need to go back to the BEGINNING of the land-swaps and property shuffling, add up the city manpower and grant expense, the TOTAL amount of cost for ALL properties involved, city/state/fed demo expenses, maintenence costs incurred on properties(many parcels dormant) and future grant/subsidies necessary for construction at these various sites, including plans/expenses/bail-outs for your Whistle Stop "train station", the credit union property, the muffler shop and the new "green space" which is worthless but an on-going maintenence expense.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>When I guesstimated the on-going and future expense of the overall dealings at between 1 mii and 2 mill, you tried to get at me by "outing" me(lol--far too late!) and calling me a "liar" repeatedly. When you add the total costs of everything mention and involved long-term + the costs that I can't remember or don't know about, just what $ amount do you see?</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>You talk down to us as not being positive and doing nothing, however you seem to do the same and worse. Very hypocritical trolling.&nbsp;Negative, mean and inaccurate imo.&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Do you or your business own the Whistle Stop? </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 19 Dec 2010 11:19:38 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3538&amp;PID=24290&amp;title=dont-wait-on-the-train#24290</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Don&#039;t wait on the train : Mtown, I shouldn&amp;#039;t bother,...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3538&amp;PID=24289&amp;title=dont-wait-on-the-train#24289</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=334">acclaro</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3538<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;19&nbsp;2010 at 10:44am<br /><br />Mtown, I shouldn't bother, as your flaws in debate are so ooverwhelmingly fatal, but for my own levity, I'll enter into the fray. By your own admission you state "was", "will", and "to be". Those are terms of endearment in speculation, inneuendo, not facts.<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>You really cannot be taken seriously my online friend. The former Shamrock facilitate was clearly acquired on a "hope and prayer", my mother's term, for wishful thinking knowing failure was a higher possibility than success. A "gateway" to the beauty of the city of Middletown? That' has about as much credibility and factual beleif&nbsp;as those who think Doug McNeil's desire to move the hospital out of Middletown and&nbsp;consolidate with a major network since he became CEO 20 years ago&nbsp;was a positive aspect of his legacy, while leaving the area downtown and Middletown in shambles.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I realize I make many mistakes in typing rapidly, and normally don't split hairs, but the term is "brownfield" not "green field" for the wrecking ball mess dowtown. That significance is&nbsp;not to be simplified: developers would much prefer new land near major&nbsp;roads and highways, that was farmland and never developed, than failed commercial utilization that was a bust.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>To date, from my casual review, I see nothing of factual substance you have posted, and virtually all your points are speculative in nature, and highly defensive of the unconscionable waste&nbsp;and mismanagement tied to projects which have a benefit to a select few.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Please stick around.&nbsp;I get as much humor and levity from your ramblings as I do watching 30 Rock.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 19 Dec 2010 10:44:09 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3538&amp;PID=24289&amp;title=dont-wait-on-the-train#24289</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>