<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : Logic run amok!!!</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : City Council : Logic run amok!!!</description>
  <pubDate>Wed, 07 Oct 2026 09:08:17 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Sat, 22 Jan 2011 21:23:17 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=3627</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>Logic run amok!!! :  So, please calmly and carefully...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3627&amp;PID=25134&amp;title=logic-run-amok#25134</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3627<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jan&nbsp;22&nbsp;2011 at 9:23pm<br /><br /><SPAN lang=EN><SPAN lang=EN><SPAN lang=EN><P>So, please calmly and carefully consider this:</P><OL><LI>We were told by Councilman Picard that the “Historic Ordinance” would <B><I>only</B></I> apply to "Historic Districts or Historic Landmarks". (But don’t believe me! Read it for yourself in the good councilman’s post of 10 Sep 2010 at 7:40am here http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3274) <LI>There are <B><I>only two </B></I>“Historic Districts” in Middletown: The South Main Street District and The Highlands District. (But don’t believe me, watch the replay of the 1/182011 City Council meeting wherein Councilman Smith asks that very question and receives that very answer.) <LI>The Historic Commission <B><I>itself </B></I>has gone to great lengths to establish that 7 N. Broad--the Pendleton Art Center--is <B><I>NOT </B></I>a “Historic Structure”. (But don’t believe me. Read it for yourself in the&nbsp;Historic Commission’s very own minutes of their 11/23/2010 meeting, available in the workbook for the 1/18/2011 city council meeting. http://www.cityofmiddletown.org/docs/council/01182011_w.pdf Page 40 of 124)</LI></OL><P>With all of the forgoing in mind, what can possibly--or logically--give the Historic Commission the legal authority to usurp jurisdiction from City regulatory departments over building or zoning matters in this case???</P><P>This is not to even mention that, at the time of their alleged action, the Historic Commission had <B><I>ZERO</B></I> appointed members since its creation by an ordinance that was passed on September 7, 2010 and went into effect thirty days later.&nbsp; (It has only <strong><EM>THREE</EM></strong> as of today!!!)</P></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 22 Jan 2011 21:23:17 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3627&amp;PID=25134&amp;title=logic-run-amok#25134</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>