<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : What could it be???</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : City Council : What could it be???</description>
  <pubDate>Wed, 07 Oct 2026 09:43:17 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Sun, 30 Jan 2011 14:19:08 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=3634</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>What could it be??? : Mr. PrestaThe Health Department...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3634&amp;PID=25230&amp;title=what-could-it-be#25230</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3634<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jan&nbsp;30&nbsp;2011 at 2:19pm<br /><br /><P =Ms&#111;normal style="MARGIN: 0.75pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">Mr. Presta<BR><BR>The Health Department is the best run department in the City Building imo however it is always the first name that goes to the chopping block when they discuss funding. These employees really do work </SPAN><?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:time Hour="8" Minute="0"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">8am – 5pm</SPAN></st1:time><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'"> and do a fine job for the citizens of </SPAN><st1:City><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">Middletown</SPAN></st1:place></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">.<BR>They have always assisted me in the research and correction of records for those buried at the </SPAN><st1:place><st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">Middletown</SPAN></st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'"> </SPAN><st1:Place><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">Cemetery</SPAN></st1:place></st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial"><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"></SPAN>&nbsp;</P>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 30 Jan 2011 14:19:08 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3634&amp;PID=25230&amp;title=what-could-it-be#25230</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>What could it be??? : And shouldn&amp;#039;t there be a...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3634&amp;PID=25219&amp;title=what-could-it-be#25219</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3634<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jan&nbsp;30&nbsp;2011 at 3:41am<br /><br />And shouldn't there be<strong><EM> a vote</EM></strong>, a <strong><EM>roll call vote</EM></strong> in the legislative portion of the council meeting, to make this change??? <DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV>Shouldn't<strong><EM> EACH</EM></strong> and<EM><strong> EVERY</strong></EM> member of City Council be on the record as being<EM><strong> "FOR"</strong></EM> or <EM><strong>"AGAINST"</strong></EM> trying to <EM><strong>keep this discussion of public business as far out of the eyes and ears of the public as possible??? <DIV></DIV><FONT color=#ff0000 size=2>Shouldn't their <FONT color=#0000ff>constituents </FONT>KNOW&nbsp;<FONT color=#0000ff>in how little regard they are held&nbsp;</FONT>so that they can keep it mind the next time these politicians ask for their TRUST and their VOTES to be their representatives???</FONT></strong></EM><FONT color=#ff0000 size=2> <DIV></DIV><DIV><FONT color=#000000>And please recall the last time this was foisted on the public!!!&nbsp; Even after promises were made to the contrary, DECISIONS were made and votes were held "upstairs" out of sight and out of mind.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT color=#000000></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><FONT color=#000000>Perhaps those ELECTED (or appointed) members of council who are <strong><EM><FONT color=#ff0000>AFRAID</FONT></EM></strong> to discuss <strong><EM><FONT color=#ff0000>CITY BUSINESS</FONT></EM></strong> openly in front of their constituents should RESIGN in favor of others who are not afraid to do so???</FONT></DIV></FONT>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 30 Jan 2011 03:41:05 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3634&amp;PID=25219&amp;title=what-could-it-be#25219</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>What could it be??? :  What could it be??? The most...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3634&amp;PID=25218&amp;title=what-could-it-be#25218</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3634<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jan&nbsp;30&nbsp;2011 at 3:24am<br /><br /><SPAN lang=EN><P>What could it be???</P><P>The most interesting items in this week’s workbook (for the Tuesday, 02/01/2011 Council meeting) were in the portion containing the minutes of City Council “Retreat” held on Saturday, January 22.</P><P>First, even though Councilman Smith is listed as being “present” for the roll call at the start of the meeting, there is also a notation that he did <B><I>not</B></I> arrive until <B><I>after</B></I> the discussion of the “Rules of Council”, at 9:35. It will be interesting to note at Tuesday’s meeting if anyone bothers to correct the record. Either Councilman Smith was present at the start for roll call and for the discussion of Council Rules or he did not arrive until later.</P><P>Next, <B><I>KUDOS</B></I> to Chief Botts for saying: “you have to understand that the first part of solving or fixing the problem is to acknowledge the problem.” Regular readers of this forum should know that I agree with this view, regardless of to which problem Chief Botts was referring.</P><P>Next, there was a discussion of the <B><I>“new” </B></I>Master Plan. Mr. Kohler stated that: “he is working on drafting the text of the update”. You all should know by now that if Mr. Kohler is drafting the “update” to the <B><I>“new”</B></I> Master Plan, it will end up being the same as the last several <B><I>OLD</B></I> new master plans, and nothing <B><I>“new” </B></I>will result from it, and more taxpayer funds will be thrown down the same <B><I>old</B></I> rat holes, with the same <B><I>old</B></I> hands stuck into the same <B><I>old</B></I> cookie jars while the same <B><I>old</B></I> eyes look the same <B><I>old</B></I> other ways.</P><P>A public safety initiative was discussed, but not much was recorded in these minutes. Hmm???</P><P>Ms. Phillips discussed public health in Middletown. Our Public Health Department may be the <B><I>BRIGHTEST</B></I> light in our City Hall chandelier. They seem to do quite a lot with very little, and actually do seem to put needs ahead of wants. They also seem to assist the <B><I>needy and powerless</B></I>, as opposed to the <B><I>wealthy and powerful</B></I>. Kudos to Ms. Phillips and her associates!!! </P><P>Mr. Duritsch <B><I>said</B></I> that: “roads have been a priority of council and the community”!!! He might have <B><I>“said” </B></I>that, but <B><I>saying</B></I> it doesn’t make it so. Drive around our city and tell me if you <B><I>believe</B></I> it!!! Of course, help seems to be on the way this year in our <B><I>neediest areas </B></I>of Highlands, Thorn Hill, and Rosedale (via HUD annual action plan), and the rest of us can pay for our own if we want improvement!!!</P><P>Later, Ms. Gilleland suggested a $1.2 MILLION per year tax (hidden as a “street light assessment") to be used for streets or public safety.</P><P>Ms. Gilleland also asked if Council wanted to “pursue a public safety levy". "There were <B><I>six </B></I>council members in agreement and <B><I>one</B></I> that said no.” <B><I>KUDOS</B></I> to the one who said <B><I>“NO”. </B></I>He/she “gets it”!!!</P><P>MOST IMPORTANTLY (at least in my view):&nbsp; Ms. Gilleland: </P><BLOCKQUOTE style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr><P><FONT color=#0000ff><strong>“asked Council to consider going back to work sessions. There are sensitive things to discuss that are not good for the Council floor but not subject to executive session discussions.</strong></FONT></P><P><FONT color=#0000ff><strong>Discussion ensued regarding work sessions on the first Tuesday of the month at 5:30. The majority of council felt it was a good idea.”</strong></FONT></P></BLOCKQUOTE><P>So, just what are these things that Ms. Gilleland and "the majority" of&nbsp;Council feel should <B><I>NOT</B></I> be discussed in front of all Middletonians???</P><P>Just what is it that they think should be kept secret from us???</P><P>Are there things that they are ashamed of???</P><P>Are there things going on that they think that we, the public, are too stupid to understand???</P><P>Why are they afraid of having all discussions of City business recorded by TV Middletown “for the record” and available to the public…<B><I>the very public that pays the bills for their decisions, right or wrong???</P></B></I><B><I><FONT size=4 face=Arial><FONT size=4 face=Arial><P>What could it be???</P></B></I></FONT></FONT></SPAN>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 30 Jan 2011 03:24:08 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3634&amp;PID=25218&amp;title=what-could-it-be#25218</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>