<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : Tony Marconi!!</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : City Council : Tony Marconi!!</description>
  <pubDate>Wed, 07 Oct 2026 02:07:07 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Sun, 13 Mar 2011 22:51:51 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=3721</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>Tony Marconi!! : Its probably a little early to...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3721&amp;PID=25906&amp;title=tony-marconi#25906</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=334">acclaro</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3721<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Mar&nbsp;13&nbsp;2011 at 10:51pm<br /><br />Its probably a little early to be worrying too much as to who may run, and whom may not, but the observations made are quite accurate. Mr. Marconi is warm and collegial, but because he is such, by that type of personality, he would not feel comfortable disrupting the current state of affairs, which needs exactly that---disruption. <br><br>Council needs six more Lambaugh's, not seven Larry Mulligan's. Mr. Lambaugh is young but isn't intimidated by disruption, he embraces it,&nbsp; those placed by MMF are exactly the polar opposites. I agree Mr. Marconi falls into the category of "yes, may I have another." &nbsp; &nbsp;]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 13 Mar 2011 22:51:51 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3721&amp;PID=25906&amp;title=tony-marconi#25906</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Tony Marconi!! : Yes Spider, Mr. Marconi was the...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3721&amp;PID=25902&amp;title=tony-marconi#25902</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=114">VietVet</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3721<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Mar&nbsp;13&nbsp;2011 at 6:30pm<br /><br />Yes Spider, Mr. Marconi was the pioneer in developing "conversations with council" at Java Johnnies (Seniors Center also) a few years ago........and he quickly pulled the plug on those "informal" gatherings because he claimed it developed into a gripe session. Apparently, when tough questions were asked and those questions put him on the spot, instead of leveling with the people, he chose to shut it down and run. Didn't like the direct questioning.... Typical council reaction to the people. If one asks "kinder/gentler" questions, all is peaches and cream with them. If they are asked direct/put them on the spot/caught in the headlights questions, we are all troublemakers and "negative", which is a diversion from answering the questions. <br /><br />I'd still like to know which side he is on. (And contrary to popular belief, this town is divided between the people with no government and a government that wants no people interference) He claims he wants what is best for Middletown, but he takes the side of the status quo in thinking, which is not good for the city. Hell, just look at the shape it's in. Confusing behavior to me. <br /><br />I must agree with Paul Nagy. He had his chance to show us what he is about. Started ok with him questioning things. As time went by, he developed a "darksider philosophy" with a decent personality on the surface. If we vote him back in, we are assured of seeing what we didn't like in the first go-around and we help the group of people who need to be excised from this city. We don't need more Beckers, Mulligans, Allens, and Picards nor people who are like them. Not healthy for this town.  ]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 13 Mar 2011 18:30:23 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3721&amp;PID=25902&amp;title=tony-marconi#25902</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Tony Marconi!! : To Mr.Marconi&amp;#039;s credit, he...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3721&amp;PID=25897&amp;title=tony-marconi#25897</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3721<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Mar&nbsp;13&nbsp;2011 at 10:04am<br /><br />To Mr.Marconi's credit, he was instrumental in bringing on the conversations with Council series,&nbsp; hosting the most sessions. He tried to bring in as many admin reps as possible to provide accurate answers to citizen ?s. Mr.M took on all comers and ?s, imo answering to the best of his ability.<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Credit to his passion to serve the public(or whomever). Will be interesting to hear what his reasoning and direction would be if he decides to run again, and what he might do differently. Will he continue to view this forum and it's posters in the manner that he did prior to being defeated in the last ward election?</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Hopefully we will have many qualified and varied choices when November rolls around.</DIV><DIV>Turnabout being fair play, unless I see/hear a different line of thinking than what Mr.M expressed during the last part of his term, I would have a hard time supporting this man as my Councilperson.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 13 Mar 2011 10:04:27 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3721&amp;PID=25897&amp;title=tony-marconi#25897</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Tony Marconi!! : Tony called me about 30 minutes...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3721&amp;PID=25892&amp;title=tony-marconi#25892</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=216">randy</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3721<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Mar&nbsp;12&nbsp;2011 at 7:40pm<br /><br />Tony called me about 30 minutes ago, I wont go into all that he and I spoke about it. But, it was good conversation. He did say that he is keeping his options open as far running for council. ]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 12 Mar 2011 19:40:18 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3721&amp;PID=25892&amp;title=tony-marconi#25892</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Tony Marconi!! : Tony, I am sorry to hear about...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3721&amp;PID=25879&amp;title=tony-marconi#25879</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=216">randy</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3721<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Mar&nbsp;12&nbsp;2011 at 12:22pm<br /><br /><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" ="Ms&#111;normal"><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Tony, I am sorry to hear about your father-in-law. My thoughts will be with you and your family. </FONT></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" ="Ms&#111;normal"><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</FONT></O:P></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" ="Ms&#111;normal"><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">I would like to say that, I have still not gotten a phone call from you in response to my call placed on Thursday. Nor did you answer the original question posed to you….are you considering running for election?? You had time to make this post, but not time to call me first. So you and everyone else can say what you like. I did call you a full 24 hours before every posting it on here. You on the other hand posted first and have still not called me.</FONT></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" ="Ms&#111;normal"><O:P><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</FONT></O:P></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" ="Ms&#111;normal"><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">I have followed enough of your last term to know that you sat on council as section 8 was allowed to drag this city down and did nothing to stop it nor did you speak up with any concerns about the situation. Not until it was time for reelection, then you and some others were all about talking to the people and playing the concerned politician. I am not saying that you don’t care about this city I believe you do, I genuinely believe you love <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><ST1:CITY w:st="&#111;n"><ST1:PLACE w:st="&#111;n">Middletown</ST1:PLACE></ST1:CITY> as I do and want to see what is best for this town. We just have different views on what is best and how to get there. </FONT></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" ="Ms&#111;normal"><O:P><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</FONT></O:P></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" ="Ms&#111;normal"><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">People in all walks of life are busy, I have a 1 year old daughter that I deal with, a 9 month pregnant girl friend, a full time job and I attend school. But I still find the time to return a phone call, ask anyone that knows me. </FONT></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" ="Ms&#111;normal"><O:P><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</FONT></O:P></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" ="Ms&#111;normal"><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">I am not going to get into a big match with you on here, I was not trying to set bait for you, I was simple stating the fact that you had not called me back yet, and I was also stating my opinion on you possible running again. </FONT></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" ="Ms&#111;normal"><O:P><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</FONT></O:P></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" ="Ms&#111;normal"><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">I would like to say something to you and to all city council members and admin. I always find it funny that you guys have always said you either don’t read this site or don’t have the time to respond to people because of your busy lives. But as soon as someone posts something you don’t like you sure find the time to comment then. Or when an election is looming this site is sure used by those running. This site may have some negative people and views, but it is a site that is ran by the people that live here. </FONT></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" ="Ms&#111;normal"><O:P><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</FONT></O:P></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" ="Ms&#111;normal"><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">I like you Tony, I always enjoyed talking with you, and I too have great respect for you. Since you are reading this site now, tell all of us why you want to be on council once again? What do you bring to the table that is different than last time? Because if people thought you were the right person for the job you would still be there. So what has changed?? Maybe you won’t answer these questions because you and many others </FONT></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" ="Ms&#111;normal"><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">think of MUSA as a joke and playing no role in the out come of an election, to that I say ask Josh or AJ if they feel the same way?</FONT></P>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 12 Mar 2011 12:22:46 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3721&amp;PID=25879&amp;title=tony-marconi#25879</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Tony Marconi!! : Very sorry about the family issue,...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3721&amp;PID=25878&amp;title=tony-marconi#25878</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=760">rem 1187</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3721<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Mar&nbsp;12&nbsp;2011 at 12:01pm<br /><br /><P>Very sorry about the family issue, the last 48 hrs. has been horrible for many. Our sister city is about&nbsp;35 miles in land from Sendai.&nbsp; I'm guessing that that Mr. M has called back since he had time to pretty much "take the bait".&nbsp; Is he running?</P>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 12 Mar 2011 12:01:42 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3721&amp;PID=25878&amp;title=tony-marconi#25878</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Tony Marconi!! : If I may, I would like to correct...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3721&amp;PID=25877&amp;title=tony-marconi#25877</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=334">acclaro</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3721<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Mar&nbsp;12&nbsp;2011 at 11:38am<br /><br />If I may, I would like to correct or clarify my comments. I had many disagreemnts with Mr. Marconi and as sj properly observed, the skewing towards becoming a yes man with the gang. However, in good conscious, I could not say he was ever unresponsive nor concerned to any time I made direct contact with him. If others had such problems, and I certainly did not have a long standing relationship or he with me, he did respond promptly, with concern and consideration. Given his reference to his father, I think it was considerate he responded, which I give him credit.<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I also have to say in all my readings, I have found sj as fair and balanced as they come. If its true snipers are taking aim, God help us all. This individual is a truly concerned and supporting community member who has earned much respect. That goes for Mr. Nagy as well.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:38:29 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3721&amp;PID=25877&amp;title=tony-marconi#25877</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Tony Marconi!! : Spider,  My opinion of Mr. Marconi...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3721&amp;PID=25876&amp;title=tony-marconi#25876</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=213">Paul Nagy</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3721<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Mar&nbsp;12&nbsp;2011 at 10:46am<br /><br />Spider,<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; My opinion of Mr. Marconi is the exact same as yours. Apparently, some have a very short memory.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;I concur with your statements regarding those on this forum and his views toward any one disagreeing with council. I remember his remarks about those who have conspiracy theories. </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have problems with him being on the planning commission. I would oppose his candidacy totally.&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Paul Nagy</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 12 Mar 2011 10:46:55 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3721&amp;PID=25876&amp;title=tony-marconi#25876</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Tony Marconi!! : Though I never attempted to contact...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3721&amp;PID=25875&amp;title=tony-marconi#25875</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3721<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Mar&nbsp;12&nbsp;2011 at 10:31am<br /><br />Though I never attempted to contact him privately, I always found Mr.Marconi to be accessable, open and hopefully honest in our few conversations.I was very happy to seem him finally succeed in being elected as a ward rep, and very much appreciated his early stance with the 3-vote minority against the Darth Vader group.<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>As his term progressed, and re-election was on the horizon, I began to see a directional change in both Mr.Marconi and Mr.Armbruster. In effort to find support, they both seemed to gravitate towards the dark side thinking, possibly in hope of gaining political support. Mr.Marconi's rhetoric and political stances seemed to become fore fence-straddling, confusing and double-talk late in his term. MUSA became the "demon" to these men, as they consistently ridiculed this site and the regular posters as being negative, hateful and a major problem to the community. I could not disagree more, and still believe that the long-term regulars AND many of the newer contributors(minus the MJ trolls and downtowner snipers) are some of the most caring and concerned citizens in our community.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I realize that I am not one of Mr.Marconi's favorite citizens, and that he branded me as being extremely negative and one of the&nbsp;most destructive people in the community. A lot of this came from my decision to actively support the opposition to Mr.Marconi, Mr.Armbruster, Mr.Mulligan and a new face from the 2nd ward. I am very happy to see Mr.Laubaugh filling that seat now, and will move on to possibly replacing Mr.Allen and Mayor Mulligan.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I work like to see as many options as possible in the next Council election.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 12 Mar 2011 10:31:44 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3721&amp;PID=25875&amp;title=tony-marconi#25875</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Tony Marconi!! : Mr. Marconi, so sorry about your...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3721&amp;PID=25874&amp;title=tony-marconi#25874</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=334">acclaro</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3721<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Mar&nbsp;12&nbsp;2011 at 9:46am<br /><br />Mr. Marconi, so sorry about your father and the situation you are dealing. Prayers are extended for a swift recovery.<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I will absolutely concur, and I'd be the first to say otherwise, Tony returned and provided excellent followup on every call I ever made and his efforts resolved at least two significant problems invoving many residents including&nbsp;one very serious safety matter ignored by the city manager at that time to "correct" the problem with a menetary expenditure.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I would certainly advocate him running again, and he's absolutely one of the nicest individuals I've met. He also was pretty adamant when others wanted to give the free waiver for water tap ins, and stood firm when Laura Williams was making Middletown look like the Hatfields and McCoys were dueling on Main Street.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Thanks for posting, and Bravo for the willingness to do so.&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 12 Mar 2011 09:46:21 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3721&amp;PID=25874&amp;title=tony-marconi#25874</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>