<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : somewhat ironic</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : City Council : somewhat ironic</description>
  <pubDate>Wed, 07 Oct 2026 08:26:19 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Sun, 17 Apr 2011 17:48:12 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=3806</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>somewhat ironic : It&amp;#039;s a tech school which...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3806&amp;PID=26964&amp;title=somewhat-ironic#26964</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=797">ground swat</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3806<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;17&nbsp;2011 at 5:48pm<br /><br />It's a tech school which IMO caters to "you got go to college" kids. I went to a tech school and had a blast did well and had many choices given to me by the private and public sector.&nbsp; Drop out rate quite high at the time,don't have the #s.&nbsp; Since I didn't attend the gathering last night&nbsp;I only hope we get to hear the FULL dream of whats to happen and who's paying for what. I&nbsp;do not know alot about Cincy. State anymore, did try to recruit from there, teachers were clueless to the needs of my industry. Hope and pray our "Leaders" cross the T's and dot the I's.&nbsp; ]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 17 Apr 2011 17:48:12 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3806&amp;PID=26964&amp;title=somewhat-ironic#26964</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>somewhat ironic : sj, what I found bemused was O&amp;#039;Dell...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3806&amp;PID=26963&amp;title=somewhat-ironic#26963</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=334">acclaro</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3806<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;17&nbsp;2011 at 1:34pm<br /><br />sj, what I found bemused was O'Dell making reference to engineering by the end of April in the Cinergy Bld abd the VP if Strategic Development pushing this out to fall or further, as there is some degree of due diligence ongoing to even project student population. What I take from the President is almost a keen interest on Middletown associated with its socioeconomic status, blacks, minorites. While commendable,&nbsp;in the past, C State has a rck solid reputation I know it the IT area, IBM a mjor recruiter of solid grads, and the culinary school. To me, it has a look and feel of the "Who's On First, Watt's on second L &amp; H skit. &nbsp;My fear is very poor leadership articulation and motivation. I think realisticaly, this deal is out until fall or end of year, maybe beyond. Look at the charter impact at Miami at Oxford. State in no mood to be slinging funds around, and this seems to be more of a fulfillment by O'Dell associated with the wrong side of the track blacks in town, than a really fine reputation C State has developed in specific areas 1) IT 2) culinary. <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>This one seems to be drifting downstream, with uncertainty as to where it is going or its purpose, and driven from a concern for racial minorities. Candidly, I don't it , the more I read about it. Obvious disconnect between timing: President and VP, and Middletown willing to turn summersaults to make it happen. This probably should be driven by Greg Tyus&nbsp;or ASJ,&nbsp;than Greg Pratt.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><a href="http://youtu.be/V4k5JWegwHg" target="_blank">http://youtu.be/V4k5JWegwHg</A></DIV><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 17 Apr 2011 13:34:01 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3806&amp;PID=26963&amp;title=somewhat-ironic#26963</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>somewhat ironic : For the past few years, the emphasis...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3806&amp;PID=26962&amp;title=somewhat-ironic#26962</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3806<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Apr&nbsp;17&nbsp;2011 at 12:27pm<br /><br />For the past few years, the emphasis from the former downtown area "stakeholders" has been to purge that area of the poor, needy and govt.assistance citizens, along with Hope House, the wanderers and criminal element. <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>After listening to Dr.Owens' most excellent talk last night, it seems that Cincy St. caters to just that type of individual. Concentrating on 2nd chances and turning lives around by a new opportunity for those dealing with many of the characteristics mentioned above.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Kinda curious as to the graduation rate, drop out rate and average length of time and credits per Cincy St.student.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Still support this project as the only current hope for the area. </DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 17 Apr 2011 12:27:06 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3806&amp;PID=26962&amp;title=somewhat-ironic#26962</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>