<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : AK to build new R&amp;D facility</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : City Council : AK to build new R&amp;D facility</description>
  <pubDate>Mon, 05 Oct 2026 21:47:39 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Tue, 21 Jun 2011 22:48:21 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=3947</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>AK to build new R&amp;D facility : My guess is this project is the...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3947&amp;PID=27982&amp;title=ak-to-build-new-rd-facility#27982</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=128">swohio75</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3947<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;21&nbsp;2011 at 10:48pm<br /><br />My guess is this project is the impetus behind recent legislation for roadwork grants on the Neyer property along Union Road.<br /><br />Like MS29, I am aware that this project has been in the works for a while.  Another sticky point is the old facility and getting a brownfield grant for it.  I'd rather see a brownfield grant for reuse by another entity (like we are seeing with the old Miami Packaging) versus complete demo.  The building facade is a fine example of art deco, and has quite a history associated with it.  My guess is both the city and AK will want it gone to return the entire former AK campus to reuse. <br /><br />I consider it Middletown's consolation prize for the HQ relocation to West Chester.  Still, its positive move in the right direction for that area, and will hopefully lead to additional growth in Renaissance.  ]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 21 Jun 2011 22:48:21 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3947&amp;PID=27982&amp;title=ak-to-build-new-rd-facility#27982</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AK to build new R&amp;D facility : The project has been in the works...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3947&amp;PID=27981&amp;title=ak-to-build-new-rd-facility#27981</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=796">Middletown29</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3947<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;21&nbsp;2011 at 10:40pm<br /><br />The project has been in the works for 2 years.  West Chester was a location AK considered.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 21 Jun 2011 22:40:58 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3947&amp;PID=27981&amp;title=ak-to-build-new-rd-facility#27981</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AK to build new R&amp;D facility : If this comes to fruition, it...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3947&amp;PID=27966&amp;title=ak-to-build-new-rd-facility#27966</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3947<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;21&nbsp;2011 at 4:35am<br /><br /><FONT size=2>If this comes to fruition, it is good news.&nbsp; AK could just as easily have decided to move this facility to West Chester, near their home office.&nbsp; My guess is that it&nbsp;is presently&nbsp;cheaper to build here in Middletown where no one else wants to come.&nbsp; Let's hope that they get past the point of no return with the project before the next round of local tax increases tilts the numbers back in favor of West Chester.</FONT>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 21 Jun 2011 04:35:57 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3947&amp;PID=27966&amp;title=ak-to-build-new-rd-facility#27966</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AK to build new R&amp;D facility : that is good news. I just hope...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3947&amp;PID=27965&amp;title=ak-to-build-new-rd-facility#27965</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=284">Voleye</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3947<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;20&nbsp;2011 at 10:10pm<br /><br />that is good news.&nbsp; I just hope Monore isnt going to sue to keep them from building it.....]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 20 Jun 2011 22:10:53 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3947&amp;PID=27965&amp;title=ak-to-build-new-rd-facility#27965</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AK to build new R&amp;D facility : The R&amp;D numbers I heard were that...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3947&amp;PID=27964&amp;title=ak-to-build-new-rd-facility#27964</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=114">VietVet</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3947<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;20&nbsp;2011 at 8:22pm<br /><br />The R&D numbers I heard were that AK went from ~ 340 employees to around 30-40 now. Guy across the street from me worked for Research for around 30 years as a technician doing Instron Tensile testing. Was cut two years ago and says he can't find a job making $8-10 per hour, much less than what he was making at AK. Sad to see him sitting in a chair in the driveway when I come home from work. Hard to talk to him. What do you say to offer him any hope? His wife had to go back to work to help with the bills. The job situation is a disgusting scenario now, isn't it?<br /><br />I agree Bill.....this move to the east side appears to be made for the tax abatements. .....nothing to get too excited about. Sure won't ramp up operations and hire more people. Nice facility on Curtis they are leaving even though the location is not business friendly. Higher visibility from I-75, no doubt. ]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 20 Jun 2011 20:22:09 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3947&amp;PID=27964&amp;title=ak-to-build-new-rd-facility#27964</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AK to build new R&amp;D facility :  I guess a good thing?? Probably...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3947&amp;PID=27963&amp;title=ak-to-build-new-rd-facility#27963</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=483">Bill</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3947<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;20&nbsp;2011 at 7:47pm<br /><br />&nbsp;I guess a good thing??&nbsp; Probably no additional jobs and city loses several years of taxes due to the abatement.&nbsp; I guess better than losing R&amp;D to another area but still nothing to get too excited about.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:47:04 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3947&amp;PID=27963&amp;title=ak-to-build-new-rd-facility#27963</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AK to build new R&amp;D facility : A reliable source on Council has...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3947&amp;PID=27962&amp;title=ak-to-build-new-rd-facility#27962</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=796">Middletown29</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 3947<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;20&nbsp;2011 at 6:03pm<br /><br />A reliable source on Council has informed me that AK will construct a new R&D facility in the Renaissance area across from Atrium Medical Center.<br /><br />AK will move R&D from existing facilities.<br /><br />Tax abatement will be required for AK to proceed.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 20 Jun 2011 18:03:46 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3947&amp;PID=27962&amp;title=ak-to-build-new-rd-facility#27962</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>