<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : Tonight&#039;s council meeting</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : City Council : Tonight&#039;s council meeting</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 06:11:48 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Tue, 18 Oct 2011 22:57:04 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=4186</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>Tonight&#039;s council meeting : I was called away during part...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4186&amp;PID=30292&amp;title=tonights-council-meeting#30292</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4186<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;18&nbsp;2011 at 10:57pm<br /><br /><FONT size=2>I was called away during part of tonight's council meeting.&nbsp; Here are a few comments on the parts that I saw:</FONT><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><FONT face=Calibri>“We’ve looked at a couple of different options already…” said Mayor Mulligan, in reference to the Community Center budget.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>When, Mr. Mayor, did “we” look at them???<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>I don’t recall it happening at any open meeting of City Council, where all of the City’s business is required by law to be discussed.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P><SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA">I see that City Hall tried to pass another “moratorium” for their friends tonight.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>The last “moratorium” in Middletown that I recall was on <strong><EM>ALL</EM></strong> development around the then proposed Atrium site.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Oops…make that an “<strong><EM>almost</EM></strong> moratorium on <strong><EM>ALMOST all</EM></strong> development”!!!<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>When a “friend of city hall” wanted to begin the Renaissance development, he was quickly granted the sole exception to the “moratorium” and given a monopoly on development in this desirable area while all of his competitors were forced to sit on their hands during the height of the housing and ecomonic&nbsp;boom.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>I, for one, was glad to see&nbsp;this moratorium&nbsp;fail.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>The way our city hall works, we probably would have seen only a single “internet café”, owned by a “friend of city hall”, granted an exception and given a head start over any future competition in the field.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN><strong><EM>Kudos to Mr. Laubach and Ms. Scott-Jones for their stance on this issue.</EM></strong></SPAN></DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 18 Oct 2011 22:57:04 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4186&amp;PID=30292&amp;title=tonights-council-meeting#30292</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>