<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : Word On The Street</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : City Council : Word On The Street</description>
  <pubDate>Mon, 05 Oct 2026 19:18:28 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Sun, 23 Oct 2011 16:11:17 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=4190</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>Word On The Street : In response to Kelly&amp;#039;s post....</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4190&amp;PID=30374&amp;title=word-on-the-street#30374</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=945">dot402001</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4190<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;23&nbsp;2011 at 4:11pm<br /><br />In response to Kelly's post. We are trying to keep the group "You Know You Grew Up In Middletown Ohio If You Remember..." to memories and not politics or religion. Another group "Middletown Ohio's Great Debate" was fomed to debate Middletown and issues regarding Middletown. Please feel free to join both Groups. You will find a wealth of opinions and suggestions!]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 23 Oct 2011 16:11:17 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4190&amp;PID=30374&amp;title=word-on-the-street#30374</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Word On The Street : New Council Candidates:  Please...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4190&amp;PID=30372&amp;title=word-on-the-street#30372</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=381">Kelly</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4190<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;23&nbsp;2011 at 7:02am<br /><br />New Council Candidates:<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Please go on Facebook and join the group "You Know You Grew Up in MIddletown Ohio if you Remember..." There is a big discussion right now about the turn of the city and there are those who are looking for new blood. May be a good forum to lay out your Plans before 2,450 members...most who reside in Middletown. </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 23 Oct 2011 07:02:42 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4190&amp;PID=30372&amp;title=word-on-the-street#30372</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Word On The Street : I like Mike. </title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4190&amp;PID=30363&amp;title=word-on-the-street#30363</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=4">John Beagle</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4190<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;22&nbsp;2011 at 5:25pm<br /><br />I like Mike.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 22 Oct 2011 17:25:31 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4190&amp;PID=30363&amp;title=word-on-the-street#30363</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Word On The Street :     One more thing!!!I hope...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4190&amp;PID=30362&amp;title=word-on-the-street#30362</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4190<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;22&nbsp;2011 at 3:18am<br /><br /><font size="2">One more thing!!!</font><div>&nbsp;</div><div><font size="2">I hope to prove, for all who may follow, that you don't have to spend a small fortune to win a city council seat in a city of 48,000.</font></div><div><font size="2"></font>&nbsp;</div><div><font size="2">I think that I've spent less than $700 dollars and I plan to spend no more!!!</font></div>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 22 Oct 2011 03:18:07 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4190&amp;PID=30362&amp;title=word-on-the-street#30362</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Word On The Street :         I hear what you...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4190&amp;PID=30361&amp;title=word-on-the-street#30361</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4190<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;22&nbsp;2011 at 3:02am<br /><br /><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Calibri">I hear whatyou people are saying, and I value your input.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>Allow me to address your suggestions and concerns!!!<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"><span><strong><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 11.5pt;">Warmandfuzzy</span><font size="3"> </font></strong></span><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Calibri">posted:<o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in;"><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Calibri">“But more than one person has remarked that they both need toget out and knock on some doors to introduce themselves. They're fighting"name recognition" here, and you can't do that without getting outthere and meeting people on their turf.”<o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Calibri">Of courseyou are correct, and I understand this.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>Unfortunately, I have physical limitations that preclude me fromengaging in a “door knocking” campaign or I would have done so long beforenow.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>This is not an excuse, it is justfacing facts…and facing the reality of facts is something I do very well.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>However, I do have a strategy that I believewill allow me to reach a large number of a key First Ward demographic as we godown the home stretch.<o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Calibri">The abilityto face the facts of difficult problems, analyze them, and then determine andimplement the best solutions with the assets available was what built myreputation during my career.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>That sameability is what I hope to bring to the table when I am elected to City Councilto serve all Middletonians.<o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"><span><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 11.5pt;"><strong>Middletown29</strong></span></span><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Calibri"> posted:<o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in;"><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Calibri">“I predict a resounding defeat for both Presta and Nagy.<br>Not trying to be negative, just facing reality.”<o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Calibri">You are entitledto predict whatever you like.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>We allare.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I speak only for myself when Ipoint out that it is not “reality” yet.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>As Yogi Berra said: “It ain’t over till it’s over” and I haven’t heardthe fat lady sing yet.<o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 12pt;"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"><font face="Calibri">&nbsp;</font></span></span><span><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 11.5pt;"><strong>Acclaro </strong></span></span><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Calibri">posted:<o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in;"><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Calibri">“I have only two criticisms for Mr. Nagy, and Mr. Presta. Youdon't apologize or say you did not want to run because the other candidate didnot face competition. You say I am in the race to win because the other failed,and I can take it no more.”<o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Calibri">Acclaro, youare correct.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I was speaking completely “offthe cuff” and picked a poor turn of phrase.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>The one minute time limit did not allow me to expand on the idea that Iwanted to get across.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>The point that Iwanted to make is this: <o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"><font face="Calibri"><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 12pt;">I am notrunning because I wanted to be a City Councilman, per se.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I do not care about getting my name in thenewspaper, nor do I care about seeing my face in pictures or about being on TV.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I’ve had my time in the sun…I have no desirefor publicity or glory, nor for power.&nbsp; I've had all of that stuff.</span></font></p><font face="Calibri"><div><font size="3">I just wantedsomeone with common sense, who will face our city’s problems head-on and dotheir very best to solve them, to be on City Council.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I wanted someone on city council who will putthe entire city’s best interests ahead of their own, and who will not beinfluenced by money, outside interests, or powerful friends.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I wanted someone who would not cave in justto try to “get along”, but would “do the right thing” no matter how difficultit was for themselves personally.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Whentime began to grow short, and no such person had yet come forward to run forthe First Ward seat, I decided to do so.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>I had hoped that there would’ve been a bright, altruistic, principled,but younger, healthier person step forward willing to serve.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I would’ve gotten behind them and supportedthem fully.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>There was not, so I felt asense of duty to run myself.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>But make nomistake about it</font><b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><i style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;"><font size="3">:</font><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"><font size="3">&nbsp;</font> </span></i></b><b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><i style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;"><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 14pt;">I am in it to win it!!!</span></i></b></div><div><b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><i style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;"><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 14pt;"></span></i></b><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 12pt;"><o:p></o:p></span>&nbsp;</div></font><div></div><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"><font face="Calibri"><b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 12pt;">And remember:</span></b><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 12pt;"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>I have accepted no contributions; I have no investments in Middletown(except my home); I have no employer to pull my strings; I don’t socialize withanyone at City Hall; and I have no clients to serve or to avoid displeasing.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 22 Oct 2011 03:02:35 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4190&amp;PID=30361&amp;title=word-on-the-street#30361</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Word On The Street : Agreed Mr. Moore sounded well,...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4190&amp;PID=30359&amp;title=word-on-the-street#30359</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=334">acclaro</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4190<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;21&nbsp;2011 at 7:41pm<br /><br />Agreed Mr. Moore sounded well, good on issues, and I like the way he went after Dan Picard on running for the 'at large' seat while still being in a ward that council would have to back-fill, and the added headache, if he won. Of course, MMF has that taken care of.<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>As I gear up for the fenwick/ Badin game tomorrow, speaking of Word On The Street, I heard Mr. Dillman is selling/sold his stores. Hope he stays around, while shuttling back and forth to Boca R. Can't blame him for selling them, better than the fate of the McGee's and IGA.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 21 Oct 2011 19:41:12 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4190&amp;PID=30359&amp;title=word-on-the-street#30359</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Word On The Street :   Moore strikes me as someone...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4190&amp;PID=30358&amp;title=word-on-the-street#30358</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=483">Bill</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4190<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;21&nbsp;2011 at 7:28pm<br /><br />Moore strikes me as someone with potential.&nbsp; I'm not sure why he didn't run for the ward 1 seat.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 21 Oct 2011 19:28:15 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4190&amp;PID=30358&amp;title=word-on-the-street#30358</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Word On The Street : I have to say, and they were well...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4190&amp;PID=30357&amp;title=word-on-the-street#30357</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=334">acclaro</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4190<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;21&nbsp;2011 at 7:09pm<br /><br />I have to say, and they were well coached, Mr. Mulligan, Mr. Mulligan, and Picard took no prisoners and went hard on the issues and what they had done, pontification aside of course. They had the one minute down to a tee. I was impressed with the communication clarity of Mr. Moore as well. Both Mike Presta and Paul nagy have to hit the streets, MUM, neighborhoods hard. Voters are not happy with the direction of the city nor council, but if you are in the game of politics just to compete, to give the other candidate a run for the money and don't give the impression you mind winning or losing, you are going to be defeated.<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Ball in their court, hope they embrace it. If not, the direction going forward is laid out. &nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 21 Oct 2011 19:09:36 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4190&amp;PID=30357&amp;title=word-on-the-street#30357</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Word On The Street : I have only two criticisms for...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4190&amp;PID=30356&amp;title=word-on-the-street#30356</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=334">acclaro</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4190<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;21&nbsp;2011 at 7:03pm<br /><br />I have only two criticisms for Mr. Nagy, and Mr. Presta. You don't apologize or say you did not want to run because the other candidate did not face competition. You say I am in the race to win because the other failed, and I can take it no more. I live in W3, and have no sign of Mr. Nagy anywhere, nor a posting since Monday when Mr. Mulligan told him to go pound sound. <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>As I don't live in W1, I can speak with the degree or lack of enthusiasm for Mike.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I would be interested if you have gotten feedback from each ward, and that Mr. Nagy is getting positive feedback. I do know everyone in W3 I have spoken with, across the board, have been very dissatisfied with the direction of the city manager and council. </DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 21 Oct 2011 19:03:57 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4190&amp;PID=30356&amp;title=word-on-the-street#30356</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Word On The Street : I predict a resounding defeat...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4190&amp;PID=30355&amp;title=word-on-the-street#30355</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=796">Middletown29</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4190<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;21&nbsp;2011 at 6:41pm<br /><br />I predict a resounding defeat for both Presta and Nagy.<br />Not trying to be negative, just facing reality.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 21 Oct 2011 18:41:48 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4190&amp;PID=30355&amp;title=word-on-the-street#30355</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>