<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : Duke Energy Gas Rate Increase</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : Middletown News, Info and Happenings : Duke Energy Gas Rate Increase</description>
  <pubDate>Mon, 05 Oct 2026 20:07:07 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:51:02 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=423</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>Duke Energy Gas Rate Increase : Yes, I have a Heat Pump- Carrier....</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=423&amp;PID=1213&amp;title=duke-energy-gas-rate-increase#1213</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=114">VietVet</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 423<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;11&nbsp;2008 at 10:51am<br /><br />Yes, I have a Heat Pump- Carrier. By the wear and tear, looks to be the original for the house built in 1989. Looks like the previous owner and I got our use out of this one. I think they're only suppose to last 8-10 years. Had a Trane unit at the previous house on Stratford. Seemed to be a decent heat pump.I cringe at the $200/month average for heating and cooling, but, perhaps, this is not bad compared to some heating/cooling bills I have heard about.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:51:02 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=423&amp;PID=1213&amp;title=duke-energy-gas-rate-increase#1213</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Duke Energy Gas Rate Increase : Thanks Vet here is some info on...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=423&amp;PID=1208&amp;title=duke-energy-gas-rate-increase#1208</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=14">Pacman</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 423<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;11&nbsp;2008 at 8:27am<br /><br />Thanks Vet here is some info on Tankless Hot water heaters, the question is do they do what they claim:<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><a href="http://www.tanklesswaterheaterguide.com/" target="_blank">http://www.tanklesswaterheaterguide.com/</A></DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Vet what type of Heat do you have Heat Pump??</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 11 Jun 2008 08:27:35 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=423&amp;PID=1208&amp;title=duke-energy-gas-rate-increase#1208</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Duke Energy Gas Rate Increase : Can&amp;#039;t help you here Pacman....</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=423&amp;PID=1207&amp;title=duke-energy-gas-rate-increase#1207</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=114">VietVet</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 423<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;11&nbsp;2008 at 7:36am<br /><br />Can't help you here Pacman. I have an all electric home. The previous owner did have a gas line run to the house with a meter (at a cost of $4500.00) but never ran it into the house. With the rate increase, glad I have electric now. Our bills are around the $200.00 a month range. This is on a 1600 sq ft(main floor)ranch house with a finished 1600 sq ft basement included. Got the electric water heater-low boy type. Not familiar with a tankless heater.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:36:24 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=423&amp;PID=1207&amp;title=duke-energy-gas-rate-increase#1207</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Duke Energy Gas Rate Increase : Has anyone given any thought to...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=423&amp;PID=1205&amp;title=duke-energy-gas-rate-increase#1205</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=14">Pacman</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 423<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jun&nbsp;10&nbsp;2008 at 8:37pm<br /><br />Has anyone given any thought to the rate increase for Delivery of Natural Gas by Duke energy? <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I was Thinking of discontinuing my Gas service from May 1 to Oct. 31 each year and saving the Approximtely $25.00 per month&nbsp;delivery fees.&nbsp; This would mean getting rid of my Natural Gas hot water heater which is 20 some years old anyways&nbsp;and possibly installing a tankless electric water heater.&nbsp; Anyone have any experience with an electric Tankless water heater?</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I called Duke today and they said there was no fee to stop and start gas service.&nbsp; At least that is what the customer Rep. I talked to said.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 10 Jun 2008 20:37:53 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=423&amp;PID=1205&amp;title=duke-energy-gas-rate-increase#1205</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>