<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : All Kids Will Eat Breakfast</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : Other School Issues : All Kids Will Eat Breakfast</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 09:44:57 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Fri, 11 Jul 2008 15:36:35 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=462</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>All Kids Will Eat Breakfast : I can understand why schools in...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=462&amp;PID=1564&amp;title=all-kids-will-eat-breakfast#1564</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=40">HereIam</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 462<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jul&nbsp;11&nbsp;2008 at 3:36pm<br /><br /><P>I can understand why schools in impoverished neighborhoods would offer this to their students, but students in wealthier neighborhoods definitely do not need it.&nbsp; By offering it to all students in every school, it's just another government overkill.</P>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 11 Jul 2008 15:36:35 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=462&amp;PID=1564&amp;title=all-kids-will-eat-breakfast#1564</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>All Kids Will Eat Breakfast : When I lived in Florida my sons...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=462&amp;PID=1545&amp;title=all-kids-will-eat-breakfast#1545</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=14">Pacman</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 462<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jul&nbsp;10&nbsp;2008 at 6:38am<br /><br />When I lived in Florida my sons school had this program in his elementary school each morning and this was 4 years ago. Each morning the kids were fed in the cafeteria.&nbsp; Now the funny part about this program and I never understood why it was at his school as his school was a neighborhood school where the homes sold for $200,000.00 to over $1,000,000.00, so these people could definitely afford to feed their kids breakfast&nbsp;yet it was offered for free each day by the school system.&nbsp; The kids looked at it as more of a social time to be with their friends and enjoyed it a lot. ]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 10 Jul 2008 06:38:00 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=462&amp;PID=1545&amp;title=all-kids-will-eat-breakfast#1545</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>All Kids Will Eat Breakfast : Spider It&amp;#039;s not a teachers...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=462&amp;PID=1544&amp;title=all-kids-will-eat-breakfast#1544</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 462<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jul&nbsp;10&nbsp;2008 at 6:05am<br /><br />Spider<DIV>It's not a teachers job to feed her students breakfast in the morning.&nbsp;<BR>The parents need to&nbsp;be RESPONSIBLE for their children.<BR>They need to get up and feed their children breakfast and make sure their homework is completed before they go to school.<BR>If the children are coming to school hungry their parents need to be called&nbsp;to discuss the problem.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 10 Jul 2008 06:05:47 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=462&amp;PID=1544&amp;title=all-kids-will-eat-breakfast#1544</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>All Kids Will Eat Breakfast : I believe the meal will take place...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=462&amp;PID=1537&amp;title=all-kids-will-eat-breakfast#1537</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 462<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jul&nbsp;09&nbsp;2008 at 8:52am<br /><br />I believe the meal will take place in the classroom during normal school hours, andnot separately/before the sdtart of the school day.&nbsp; Supposedly it is too time-consuming to take place in the cafeteria.I don't think the teachers are happy about this, since they become responsible for cleaning the mess. Someone please correct me if I don't have my facts straight.<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Why does our govt. feel the need to over-provide?</DIV><DIV>The parents/guardians must accept the responsibilty to prepare their children for schooling, which includes, proper nutrition,clothing, mentoring and adequate rest.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 09 Jul 2008 08:52:34 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=462&amp;PID=1537&amp;title=all-kids-will-eat-breakfast#1537</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>All Kids Will Eat Breakfast : Journal- July 9 story- Money from...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=462&amp;PID=1535&amp;title=all-kids-will-eat-breakfast#1535</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=114">VietVet</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 462<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jul&nbsp;09&nbsp;2008 at 8:00am<br /><br />Journal- July 9 story- Money from state and federal funds will be used to reimburse the school districts to feed breakfast to ALL students, because "a good breakfast makes for good learners". I can understand the need for offering a free breakfast, using taxpayer money, to feed a disadvantaged student. However, I am having a problem with feeding everyone's kid, knowing the difficulty with finding money for the schools.How many kids will actually take advantage of this? Will this extra cost of providing a free breakfast really help students learn or is this just a supposition on the part of the Food Research and Action Center? What is the evidence of credibility to these claims and just who is this " Food Research and Action Center"? This is, no doubt, alot of taxpayer money being used for a program that may or may not be effective.Should we just take this verbatim or should we question taxpayer expenditures like this? It's your tax money they're spending.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 09 Jul 2008 08:00:35 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=462&amp;PID=1535&amp;title=all-kids-will-eat-breakfast#1535</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>