<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : Recommendations for aluminum siding work?</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : Middletown Area Businesses : Recommendations for aluminum siding work?</description>
  <pubDate>Mon, 05 Oct 2026 16:02:14 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Wed, 23 Jul 2008 20:22:25 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=472</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>Recommendations for aluminum siding work? : O rats. I did not remember that...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=472&amp;PID=1679&amp;title=recommendations-for-aluminum-siding-work#1679</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=11">arwendt</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 472<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jul&nbsp;23&nbsp;2008 at 8:22pm<br /><br />O rats. I did not remember that you said "cleaning and painting". But still, at least my sister trusts that fellow. If he does not do cleaning or paiting perhaps&nbsp;he could&nbsp;point you in the right direction.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 23 Jul 2008 20:22:25 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=472&amp;PID=1679&amp;title=recommendations-for-aluminum-siding-work#1679</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Recommendations for aluminum siding work? : If folks out there can recommend...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=472&amp;PID=1677&amp;title=recommendations-for-aluminum-siding-work#1677</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 472<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jul&nbsp;23&nbsp;2008 at 7:15pm<br /><br />&#091;<FONT size=1>QUOTE=Marianne&#093;If folks out there can recommend or counsel against any area businesses involved with cleaning aluminum siding and/or painting siding.&nbsp;<BR><BR> Warnings are <FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">also </FONT>useful!!!<BR>&#091;/QUOTE&#093; </FONT><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><FONT size=1>Marianne,</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=1>Just a word of caution:</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=1>Be sure to limit activity to "cleaning and/or painting" of aluminum siding as it is NOT a "<EM>natural material</EM>".&nbsp; If you add or commpletely re-side your home you will need a building permit (unless you are a member of council or a high-ranking public official) and both aluminum and vinyl siding are prohibited.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=1></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><FONT face=CGTimes-Bold><FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=1>"CHAPTER 1225: HOUSING AND ARCHITECTURAL STANDARDS" of the Middletown Codified Ordinances states, in part:</FONT></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=CGTimes-Bold><FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=1></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV><BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"><DIV><FONT face=CGTimes-Bold size=2><FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><FONT size=1>"</FONT><FONT face=CGTimes><FONT face=CGTimes><FONT size=1>A. </FONT></FONT></FONT><I><FONT face=CGTimes-Italic><FONT face=CGTimes-Italic><FONT size=1>One and one-half and two-story dwellings. </FONT></I></FONT></FONT><FONT face=CGTimes><FONT face=CGTimes><FONT size=1>All first floor exterior walls that are visible from the street shall be constructed of natural material (stone, brick, wood, stucco, cultured stone, cement siding or hardy plank). All other exterior walls areas of the dwelling may be constructed of other code approved building materials.</FONT></DIV><P align=left><FONT size=1>B. </FONT></FONT></FONT><I><FONT face=CGTimes-Italic><FONT face=CGTimes-Italic><FONT size=1>One story dwelling. </FONT></I></FONT></FONT><FONT size=1><FONT face=CGTimes><FONT face=CGTimes>All exterior walls shall be constructed of natural materials stated in division (b)(1)A. of this section.</FONT></FONT>"</P></BLOCKQUOTE><DIV>Existing dwellings are "grandfathered in" but any additions or modifications must conform to this code adopted in November of 2005.</FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 23 Jul 2008 19:15:32 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=472&amp;PID=1677&amp;title=recommendations-for-aluminum-siding-work#1677</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Recommendations for aluminum siding work? : Sorry for the dealy: I just this...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=472&amp;PID=1675&amp;title=recommendations-for-aluminum-siding-work#1675</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=11">arwendt</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 472<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jul&nbsp;23&nbsp;2008 at 6:54pm<br /><br />Sorry for the dealy: I just this afternoon&nbsp;spoke with my sister and she had good things to say about Napier Siding and Gutter - Chaeles Napier - 425-0594. By chance I saw his truck wroking at a neighbors house just this morning.<DIV>Good luck.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 23 Jul 2008 18:54:26 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=472&amp;PID=1675&amp;title=recommendations-for-aluminum-siding-work#1675</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Recommendations for aluminum siding work? : Marianne,   I personally don&amp;#039;t...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=472&amp;PID=1638&amp;title=recommendations-for-aluminum-siding-work#1638</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=11">arwendt</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 472<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jul&nbsp;18&nbsp;2008 at 4:27pm<br /><br />Marianne, <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I personally don't know of any but I will check with my sister and her husband this weekend. They own rental property and contract most of the work out. If they have any advice I will get back with a post.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>If you find anything good, or bad, let us know on <a href="http://www.middletownreview.com/" target="_blank">The Middletown Review</A> website.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 18 Jul 2008 16:27:11 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=472&amp;PID=1638&amp;title=recommendations-for-aluminum-siding-work#1638</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Recommendations for aluminum siding work? : If folks out there can recommend...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=472&amp;PID=1637&amp;title=recommendations-for-aluminum-siding-work#1637</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=143">Marianne</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 472<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jul&nbsp;18&nbsp;2008 at 10:50am<br /><br />If folks out there can recommend or counsel against any area businesses involved with cleaning aluminum siding and/or painting siding. <br><br>I've been getting some estimates on either cleaning my siding or repainting it.&nbsp; <br><br>Recommendations and comments would be helpful.<br><br>Thanks.&nbsp; You can send me a message through here if you don't want to mention something publicly.&nbsp; Warnings are also useful!!!<br>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 18 Jul 2008 10:50:10 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=472&amp;PID=1637&amp;title=recommendations-for-aluminum-siding-work#1637</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>