<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : street lights</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : Community Revitalization : street lights</description>
  <pubDate>Wed, 07 Oct 2026 09:13:25 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Sat, 15 Sep 2012 17:41:21 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=4767</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>street lights :    You are exactly right, Spiderjohn!!!The...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4767&amp;PID=34770&amp;title=street-lights#34770</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4767<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;15&nbsp;2012 at 5:41pm<br /><br /><font size="2">You are exactly right, Spiderjohn!!!</font><div><font size="2">&nbsp;</font></div><div><font size="2">The bulk of the neighborhoods in this city are in exactly the same circumstance.&nbsp; I know that the streets and cul-de-sacs in my neighborhood are.</font></div><div><font size="2">&nbsp;</font></div><div><font size="2">We taxpayers cannot afford to subsidize the installation of&nbsp;decorative lamposts every few yards for every neighborhood, and we certainly cannot afford the ongoing costs of power and maintenance for such lights for every neighborhood.&nbsp; (These costs are over $5,000 per year--in today's dollars--in the case of the ten or so blocks of South Main Street, so one can only&nbsp;imagine the cost city-wide!!!)</font></div><div><font size="2"></font>&nbsp;</div><div><font size="2">Oh...and I wonder if our mayor "believe&#091;s&#093; they &#091;the decorative sidewalk lights&#093;&nbsp;necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.”&nbsp;</font> </div>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 15 Sep 2012 17:41:21 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4767&amp;PID=34770&amp;title=street-lights#34770</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>street lights :   As I left the Middies&amp;#039;...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4767&amp;PID=34769&amp;title=street-lights#34769</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4767<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Sep&nbsp;15&nbsp;2012 at 11:50am<br /><br />As I left the Middies' game last night, I drove north on S Main.<div>Couldn't help but notice how dark it was along the sidewalk on the west side of the street.</div><div>So--I understand the concerns of the residents much better.</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div>Best solution would be for property owners to install lighting on their properties in that area(at their expense)</div><div>to light up their own areas.&nbsp;&nbsp;Make it as expensive or in-expensive as they might choose. Or unite behind their organization to install something uniform(at their own expense).</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div>The city street lights barely light the roadway, however on returning home, I realized that my street is not lighted any better(plus my street is a mess, and is not planned to be re-surfaced @ taxpayer expense).</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div>The S Main concerns are valid, though no different than in any other neighborhood.</div>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 15 Sep 2012 11:50:55 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4767&amp;PID=34769&amp;title=street-lights#34769</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>