<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : What does it mean???</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : News, Info and Happenings outside Middletown : What does it mean???</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 05:00:06 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Thu, 15 Nov 2012 16:35:33 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=4848</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>What does it mean??? :   RNC:http://msnbcmedia.msn....</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4848&amp;PID=35670&amp;title=what-does-it-mean#35670</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=259">409</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4848<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Nov&nbsp;15&nbsp;2012 at 4:35pm<br /><br /><font size="2">RNC:<div></div><a href="http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Secti&#111;ns/A_Politics/_Today_Stories_Teases/11142012ChairmansPPTforSenatePolicy.pdf" target="_blank">http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/A_Politics/_Today_Stories_Teases/11142012ChairmansPPTforSenatePolicy.pdf</a></font><div></div>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 15 Nov 2012 16:35:33 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4848&amp;PID=35670&amp;title=what-does-it-mean#35670</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>What does it mean??? :       TonyB,  I think...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4848&amp;PID=35560&amp;title=what-does-it-mean#35560</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4848<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Nov&nbsp;12&nbsp;2012 at 5:58am<br /><br /><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>TonyB,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>I think we’ve about beat this to death, so I won’t gopoint-by-point through your last response.<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>I have enjoyed the discussion, though, and I would liketo make a few more comments.<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>First, while you were commenting on the Cayman accounts,you said:<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'>“…the fact thatRomney had MONEY in those accounts, not just instruments of investment.”<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>Do you recall where you learned of this “fact”???<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Also, how would you propose one would respondto this if it were not true???<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>(Forexample, if I accused you of having Cayman bank accounts, how would you provethat you did not???)<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>Next, regarding the Romney/Ryan economic plan, youreferred to their having stated:<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'>"Toocomplicated to explain","take to much time to explain", "ifI told you, you wouldn't vote for it";<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>Do you recall where you heard this???<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>As I mentioned before, I am somewhat of apolitical junkie who watched and listened to tons of coverage for over a yearand I can’t recall ever hearing these particular remarks.<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>Lastly, regarding your final remarks:<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'>“The GOP has tofix what it can and overcome the rest. If it splits into 2 parties, neitherwill be able to overcome the Democratic coalition that has been built thisyear. That would indeed change this country and not for the better. There hasto be a viable option in elections or there really is no choice. The next 4years give the GOP a chance to figure it out. Let's hope for all of our sakes,they do.”<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>We are in complete agreement here.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>As much as I would like to see a thirdparty,<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>it would take far too long (aminimum of decades, in my opinion) for one to become viable, and I fear thatour country simply does not have the time for that to occur.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>If for no other reason, the interest on thenational debt will soon overwhelm us if it is not attended to promptly, and Ifear that the bunch in Washington will simply “kick the can” until it is toolate.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I fear that it will be “too late”sooner than most of us realize.<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>One final thought on “what happened”:<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>I think that the Republicans “wasted” a lot of time,effort and money on votes that they had already “cinched”, and the Democratsmust’ve better spent their pre-election time, effort and money.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I am NOT talking about campaign ads now.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Here is what I mean:<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>Anyone who is the least bit familiar with campaigningknow that you can get lists of the registered voters, by PARTY, for the lasthowever many elections from the Board of elections.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Using myself as an example, they should’veknown that I have voted in the REPUBLICAN primary every primary year since 2000,and have remained registered as a Republican ever since then.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>They should also have known that I am amember of the Butler County Republican Central Committee.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Also, when I got the first live phone callurging me to “vote early”, I assured them that I would vote, and when I voted Iwould vote for Romney.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Still, I got atleast six calls a day (some live, some taped) asking for my vote.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>They were wasting their time, efforts andmoney.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>They already HAD my vote.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>They should’ve been talking to voters whowere NOT registered Republicans instead of wasting their time on me.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>They should’ve had a mechanism to stopsoliciting votes that were already “cinched” so that they could concentrate ontrying to actually harvest additional votes.<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>On the other hand, we did not receive even one call fromObama’s team.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I guess that they weresmart enough to know not to waste their time, effort, and money on a RepublicanCentral Committeeman.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>(One lady didknock on our door late one night just a couple of days before the election toask us to vote for Obama.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I guess shecouldn’t see the Romney/Ryan yard sign in the dark.)<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>Now, this may seem like a small thing—but there are over10,900 precincts in Ohio, so that means over 10,900 Central Committee members,all of whom should have been “cinch votes”.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>If each one got called one to two hundred times during the last month ofthe campaign, that’s one to two MILLION calls in Ohio alone that werecompletely unnecessary—a total waste of time, effort, and money.<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA;'>I guess that youcould say that this was another way that Obama’s “ground game” was better.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>They were smarter.</span>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 12 Nov 2012 05:58:29 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4848&amp;PID=35560&amp;title=what-does-it-mean#35560</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>What does it mean??? :     Rngermed:  You are exactly...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4848&amp;PID=35559&amp;title=what-does-it-mean#35559</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4848<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Nov&nbsp;12&nbsp;2012 at 5:53am<br /><br /><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><font size="2">Rngermed:<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><font size="2">You are exactly correct.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>Not all services are available at all locations, and some locations mayprovide “breast examinations” and instruction on how to performself-examinations.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>But NO PlannedParenthood location actually provides “mammograms”!!! <o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><font size="2">In fact, if you watch the video on their national sitethey actually state: “Planned Parenthood refers patients to other facilitiesfor mammograms…”!!!<o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="2"><font face="Times New Roman"></font><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA;'>Find even ONE PlannedParenthood location in the USA that actually provides <b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><i style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">in-house</i></b> mammograms forlow income patients and I will make a $200 donation to Planned Parenthood inyour name.</span></font>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 12 Nov 2012 05:53:38 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4848&amp;PID=35559&amp;title=what-does-it-mean#35559</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>What does it mean??? : Just looked on Planned Parenthood&amp;#039;s...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4848&amp;PID=35550&amp;title=what-does-it-mean#35550</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=281">rngrmed</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4848<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Nov&nbsp;11&nbsp;2012 at 12:42pm<br /><br />Just looked on Planned Parenthood's website. It states that not all services are available at all locations.  So I am not sure if you attempted to call the local Planned parenthoods to get a free mammogram.  But it does state that information is available on how to do self exams.  <br /><br />Planned Parenthood was always a target because the support abortion rights (which makes them an easy target). Women support Planned parenthood because they do offer other services besides abortions. <br /><br />Planned Parenthood is an advocate for preventative testing which insurance companies don't want to pay for.  Lobbyists get rid of Planned Parenthood, they are on the road to get rid of Preventative care.  This is another reason that it has made more difficult for healthcare facilities to receive Medicare/Medicaid reimbursements.  If Medicare/Medicaid don't pay, private insurance will not eventually pay.<br /><br />This is means no reimbursement for prostate checks, colonoscopies, testicular cancer screenings, skin cancer screenings and any other preventative screenings.  <br /><br />And Planned Parenthood does offer services to males as well.  Again, because they support abortion rights, many people will not find out what other services they provide.<br /><br />But maybe they should call an abortion a D & C.  This seems to be acceptable.  Same procedure, just done in an operating room versus a clinic. <br />]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 11 Nov 2012 12:42:32 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4848&amp;PID=35550&amp;title=what-does-it-mean#35550</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>What does it mean??? : Mr P,Mr. Obama did lose some votes...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4848&amp;PID=35545&amp;title=what-does-it-mean#35545</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=755">TonyB</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4848<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Nov&nbsp;11&nbsp;2012 at 8:49am<br /><br />Mr P,<br><br>Mr. Obama did lose some votes and two states that he carried in 2008, Indiana and North Carolina. It's 50 state elections, not a true national election and the only votes that matter are the 538 electoral votes. To your point about Romney being a conservative and that since he was the only conservative, he should have garnered those votes, I think you're neglecting the one factor that, imo, caused Mr. Romney's defeat; his religion. There are many evangelicals who vote Republican and I don't care what anyone else says, some do not see Mormons as Christians. We can debate this forever but for some, it's not debatable;&nbsp; Mormonism is a cult and they won't support a Mormon for president. I'm not saying it's right or that it happened to many evangelicals but there were some Republicans and independents who would not vote for Romney on those grounds.<br><br>As far as the economic factors, I believe I understand enough about business to know that what you are saying about Mr. Romney is a perspective not all Americans share. It is a proven fact that Bain Capital "harvested" companies by loading them with debt and then paying themselves enormous management fees from the borrowed money. The debt wasn't incurred to help the business, it was incurred solely as profit for Bain Capital investors. There was nothing more devastating to the Bain image than the ad about workers building a stage to be told they were fired. Furthermore, the most damage done to Romney and the business image he tried to portray was done to him by other Republicans during the primaries. Obama and the Democrats didn't need to make any new ads or accusations; all they had to do was repeat the words of Rick Perry, Newt Gingrich and the rest of the Republican primary field. It was an image of business that Mr. Romney was never able to overcome because it was started by his own party. If, as you pointed out, there were companies that were successful after Bain ownership, why didn't the Romney campaign make those companies a big part of his economic message. A missed opportunity for his campaign, imo.<br><br>The whole off-shore thing is a nice excuse but it doesn't negate the fact that Romney had MONEY in those accounts, not&nbsp; just instruments of investment. This is my own point of view here but I find it reprehensible for someone who wants to be president to not have his money invested in America. If he banks in the Cayman Islands, who is the bank loaning the money to? If he banks in America, the money is more likely to be invested in America. IMO, there is a difference between a business and an American business. A business is to make money; an American business makes money by doing what's right for America and American citizens. Multinationals don't give a damn about America unless they're making money from America. Mitt Romney, flying the Cayman Island flag on his yacht while he hosted fundraisers during the GOP convention made him look like a multinational, not an American.<br><br>There were a number of instances where the Romney/Ryan campaign made statements about specifics in their plan; unfortunately, those instances were to dodge specifics. "Too complicated to explain","take to much time to explain", "if I told you, you wouldn't vote for it"; all of that puts doubt in the voter's mind. We all laugh about how dishonest our politicians are but those comments just reinforced that perception.<br><br>Finally, I understand your point about the "liberal" media but I don't think that you're understanding mine. If you say that the election was lost because of liberal media bias, then you have no hope of rectifying the situation. The "liberal" media isn't going to change their POV because conservatives complain about it. Rush Limbaugh doesn't change his POV because liberals complain about him. Also, it's not like a conservative hasn't been elected before despite this bias (see GW Bush). The GOP has to fix what it can and overcome the rest. If it splits into 2 parties, neither will be able to overcome the Democratic coalition that has been built this year. That would indeed change this country and not for the better. There has to be a viable option in elections or there really is no choice. The next 4 years give the GOP a chance to figure it out. Let's hope for all of our sakes, they do.<br><br><br>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 11 Nov 2012 08:49:22 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4848&amp;PID=35545&amp;title=what-does-it-mean#35545</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>What does it mean??? :     &#226;&#8364;&#339;Thanks for the reply....</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4848&amp;PID=35542&amp;title=what-does-it-mean#35542</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4848<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Nov&nbsp;11&nbsp;2012 at 3:03am<br /><br /><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'>“Thanks for thereply. I'll attempt to clarify a few of my points here but I do still believethat the presentation of the conservative message by Mr. Romney and the GOP waswhat ultimately decided the election. <br><br>First off, I have to agree with you that Mr. Romney was not, is not and neverhas been a conservative. That, imo, was the biggest problem throughout theelection season; you had a candidate whose core beliefs were at odds with theconservative message. Saying you're a conservative doesn't make you one and itdid give the impression that Mr. Romney was less than honest about what hebelieved. The long campaign season made that point tangible in the eyes ofindependent and undecided voters.”…TonyB <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>Okay, so even if I stipulate to all of that,so far in this discussion we have been ignoring the fact that there were onlyTWO candidates in this election who had an actual possibility of being elected:Romney and Obama, and we have been ignoring Obama throughout the discussion.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Given that Romney is not a true conservative,it cannot be denied that he is more conservative than Obama, can it???<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>It certainly appeared to me that there was aclear choice, and given that clear choice, for conservatives (or anyone else)to abstain from voting would be akin to voting for Obama.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>True conservatives would certainly NOT wantto help Obama to another four years, so why wouldn’t they vote forRomney???<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>It just doesn’t make sense tome.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Most of the Democrats that I knowclaim to have voted for Romney, a Republican, this time--the first time thatthey have voted for a Republican in their lives—because of Obama’s ruinouseconomic and energy policies.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>How couldObama have gotten more votes than he did in 2008…and why would conservativesrefrain from voting, knowing that by doing so they were helping Obama to asecond term.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Are you saying that theycouldn’t think that far ahead???<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>It isas I tried to explain to VietVet in another tread: The vote that would bebetter for the American economy would be best for everyone in the long run.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>So…I am certain that Obama lost at least <i style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">some</i> votes from 2008.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>It would seem to me that some others wouldhave become disenchanted because the “change” that they had “hoped” for didn’tmaterialize.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Those are the ones that Ithought would “stay home” quicker than anyone would.<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'>“The"compassion" issue is also something that Mr. Romney had trouble withon many occasions. Watching staged events like the conventions where Mr. Romneycould play his role in the story wasn't as telling as the unguarded momentscaught on tape. It made Mr. Romney seem insincere and in politics, perceptionis everything. If I convinced you that it was the media who made Mr. Romneylook insincere, you'd also have to cede the point that Mr. Romney didn't dohimself any favors with some of the decisions he made and the things he said.Romney was the wrong person to run after the bank collapse in 2008; hisbusiness practices seemed greedy and disconnected to most Americans.”…TonyB<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>I assume that you are referring to hisbusiness practices at Bain Capital.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>Anyone who thinks that those business practices were “greedy” just doesn’tunderstand business.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Bain took failingand struggling businesses and tried to turn them around, some made it, some didnot.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Most needed some degree ofconsolidation before they could grow and prosper.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Once again, the media concentrated onreporting the failures that closed and not the successes (like AMCEntertainment, Aspen Education Group, Brookstone, Burger King, Burlington CoatFactory, Clear Channel Communications,</span><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-ansi-: EN;' lang="EN"><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clear_Channel_Communicati&#111;ns" target="_blank"></a> Domino’s Pizza, Dunkin’ Donuts,D&amp;M Holdings, Guitar Center, Hospital Corporation of America, Sealy, TheSports Authority, Staples, Toys “R” Us, Warner Music Group, and<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>The Weather Channel.)<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Hundreds of thousands of people probably havejobs that otherwise wouldn’t have, thanks to Bain Capital.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>The ones who lost their jobs probably wouldhave lost them quicker, if not for Bain.<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'>“The off-shorebank accounts gave the impression of tax evasion and Mr. Romney's refusal torelease his tax returns reinforced that perception. His lack of specifics onwhat deductions he would eliminate and then saying that if he told what theywere no one would vote for him was one of the most self-defeating moments Ihave ever witnessed.”…TonyB<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>I am not familiar with the “if he told whatthey were no one would vote for him” instance, which surprises me since Iwatched a ton of political stuff during both the primaries and the presidentialcampaigns.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>(I’d appreciate it if youcould send me more info so I could look this up.)<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>However, as for the “offshore bank accounts”,that is so bogus!!!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I’m not saying thathe didn’t have them…I’m sure that he did and still does, but <b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><i style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">sodoes Obama</i></b>.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>And guess what??<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>So do I.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>And so do millions of other Americans who are not rich, tax-cheating fatcats.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Anyone who owns diversified mutualfunds in a 401K likely has them.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Anyonewho holds diversified mutual funds outside a 401K (as an individual investor,as I do) also likely has them and if their taxes are properly prepared, theirreturn includes a form showing their profits (or losses) on their “offshoreaccounts”, as my return does.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Does thatmake me some sort of devious scoundrel that is cheating the government byhiding millions in a Cayman account???<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>NO!!!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>It simply means that I owna hundred shares of a mutual fund, and that mutual fund consists of investmentsin THOUSANDS of diverse companies, some of which may be banks in Jamaica or theCayman Islands, or even in Switzerland.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>I have no idea from day-to-day what it is invested in, but I do get apamphlet (about 40 pages) four times a year that lists thousands of companies—mostof which I’ve never heard of—and how well, or how poorly, the fund performedthat quarter. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>And guess what??<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>There is nothing wrong with that—not for me,not for Obama, and not even for Romney!!!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>What IS wrong is for folks who should know better to try to insinuate thatthere IS something wrong with it.<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'>“I don't knowhow I can say it any planer than this: Mitt Romney was the wrong candidate atthe wrong time. If he had been the nominee in 2008, he might have beaten Obamaand it would have been Romney running for reelection. After running for 6 yearsto win the presidency, Mitt Romney had been damaged by the Republican primariesand election rules that favor the incumbent. President Obama was able to defineRomney as the wrong person to be president and in the end, the voters agreed.It is all the more astonishing to me because this was an election that the GOPcould have won.”…TonyB <o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>Well, you are probably correct.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I know that I would rather have had someoneelse be the candidate, but the like it or not, the fact remains that Romney wonthe primary process, and that is the only legal way for either of the two majorparties to nominate a candidate.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Just aswith Akin and Mourdock (the two Republican senate candidate screwballs), once acandidate wins a primary, the party (either Democrat or Republican) cannot justdecide that they’d rather have someone else and replace them.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>The party does not pick the candidate…therank-and-file members do, through the primary process.<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><br><br>“It certainly isn't a matter of convincing the media. However, I have to laughat the idea that the media is "liberal". There is a wealth of medianow; to declare the entire industry one thing or another is absurd. There is aliberal point of view in the media; there is also a conservative point of view.Both sides accuse the other of being biased; that's not news to me. What's newsto me is that you believe the "liberal" media is going to give theconservative viewpoint positive press. They are going to look for the dirt justlike the conservative press is going to do. You'll have to admit that Fox Newsdoesn't exactly put a positive spin on any story about Obama. It doesn'tsurprise me in the same way that MSNBC didn't have much positive to say aboutRomney. Saying the liberal media is responsible for Romney's loss doesn't solvethe problem for the GOP.”…TonyB<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>Well, I guess that I’m failing to communicatemy thoughts on this particular matter, so we’ll just have to agree to disagree.<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'>“We've alreadyseen in the last few days how the Republicans are going to govern as theminority party but in control of the budget process. It's back to status quo,hold the government hostage and gridlock. If the House Republicans can presenta deal to the president that can increase revenues without raising tax rates,they might be able to get a deal. If not, the media blame game is going to gointo full overdrive.”…TonyB<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>Now wait just a minute!!! This harks back tothe previous question about how the left-leaning media gets out the liberalmessage!!! <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>This is all I hear when Ilisten to any network other than Fox.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>However<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><i style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">, it simply is not true!!!</i></b> <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>The House Republicans are NOT “in control ofthe budget process”!!!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>First, <b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><i style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">accordingto law</i></b>, the <b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><i style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">PRESIDENT</i></b> must submit <b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><i style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">HIS</i></b> budget to congress no later thanthe first Monday in February!!!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>InFebruary of 2009 and 2010, Obama had a DEMOCRATIC MAJORITY in both the Houseand the Senate, yet NO budget was passed.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>So, how did the Republicans “control” the budget process” those twoyears???<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>There has been only ONE budgetvoted upon in the DEMOCRATICALLY-held Senate in nearly FOUR years, and it wasdefeated 99-0.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>(I would certainly callthat a “bi-partisan” vote, wouldn’t you???)<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>If you say that the Republicans can govern as a minority party by controllingthe budget process, then I say <b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><i style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">SHOW ME ONE budget that Obama has proposedsince he became president, that has passed the Senate (which has had aDemocratic majority the entire time) that the Republicans have then defeated inthe House!!!</i></b><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>You cannot show meeven one!!!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>This proves that you havebeen misled by the media into thinking that the Republicans are controlling thebudgeting process!!!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>But is simply isnot true!!!<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><br>“The conservative message is in serious danger if a third party emerges. Thetalk has already started and it would be a disaster for the GOP. I know thatyou are sincere about wanting to understand why this election turned out theway it did and to change the results of the next election. A stronger candidatewould go a long way to that end.”…TonyB<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>Actually, I think that a third party would be a good ideaas I believe that the two-party system has failed.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>The so-called “moderate” branches of the twomajor parties are so close together as to be indistinguishable.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>The biggest problem I see with a third partyis that it would take so long to become strong enough to be a contender thatour country may not survive to see it (at least not as we know it).<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I had hopes that the Tea Party Movement wouldlead the Republican Party back to its roots. <o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 11 Nov 2012 03:03:48 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4848&amp;PID=35542&amp;title=what-does-it-mean#35542</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>What does it mean??? : Mr. P,Thanks for the reply. I&amp;#039;ll...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4848&amp;PID=35540&amp;title=what-does-it-mean#35540</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=755">TonyB</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4848<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Nov&nbsp;10&nbsp;2012 at 8:37am<br /><br />Mr. P,<br><br>Thanks for the reply. I'll attempt to clarify a few of my points here but I do still believe that&nbsp; the presentation of the conservative message by Mr. Romney and the GOP was what ultimately decided the election. <br><br>First off, I have to agree with you that Mr. Romney was not, is not and never has been a conservative. That, imo, was the biggest problem throughout the election season; you had a candidate whose core beliefs were at odds with the conservative message. Saying you're a conservative doesn't make you one and it did give the impression that Mr. Romney was less than honest about what he believed. The long campaign season made that point tangible in the eyes of independent and undecided voters. The "compassion" issue is also something that Mr. Romney had trouble with on many occasions. Watching staged events like the conventions where Mr. Romney could play his role in the story wasn't as telling as the unguarded moments caught on tape. It made Mr. Romney seem insincere and in politics, perception is everything. If I convinced you that it was the media who made Mr. Romney look insincere, you'd also have to cede the point that Mr. Romney didn't do himself any favors with some of the decisions he made and the things he said. Romney was the wrong person to run after the bank collapse in 2008; his business practices seemed greedy and disconnected to most Americans. The off-shore bank accounts gave the impression of tax evasion and Mr. Romney's refusal to release his tax returns reinforced that perception. His lack of specifics on what deductions he would eliminate and then saying that if he told what they were no one would vote for him was one of the most self-defeating moments I have ever witnessed. I don't know how I can say it any planer than this: Mitt Romney was the wrong candidate at the wrong time. If he had been the nominee in 2008, he might have beaten Obama and it would have been Romney running for reelection. After running for 6 years to win the presidency, Mitt Romney had been damaged by the Republican primaries and election rules that favor the incumbent. President Obama was able to define Romney as the wrong person to be president and in the end, the voters agreed. It is all the more astonishing to me because this was an election that the GOP could have won. <br><br>It certainly isn't a matter of convincing the media. However, I have to laugh at the idea that the media is "liberal". There is a wealth of media now; to declare the entire industry one thing or another is absurd. There is a liberal point of view in the media; there is also a conservative point of view. Both sides accuse the other of being biased; that's not news to me. What's news to me is that you believe the "liberal" media is going to give the conservative viewpoint positive press. They are going to look for the dirt just like the conservative press is going to do. You'll have to admit that Fox News doesn't exactly put a positive spin on any story about Obama. It doesn't surprise me in the same way that MSNBC didn't have much positive to say about Romney. Saying the liberal media is responsible for Romney's loss doesn't solve the problem for the GOP. We've already seen in the last few days how the Republicans are going to govern as the minority party but in control of the budget process. It's back to status quo, hold the government hostage and gridlock. If the House Republicans can present a deal to the president that can increase revenues without raising tax rates, they might be able to get a deal. If not, the media blame game is going to go into full overdrive. <br><br>The conservative message is in serious danger if a third party emerges. The talk has already started and it would be a disaster for the GOP. I know that you are sincere about wanting to understand why this election turned out the way it did and to change the results of the next election. A stronger candidate would go a long way to that end.<br><br><br><br>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 10 Nov 2012 08:37:58 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4848&amp;PID=35540&amp;title=what-does-it-mean#35540</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>What does it mean??? :   By the way, someone posted...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4848&amp;PID=35539&amp;title=what-does-it-mean#35539</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4848<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Nov&nbsp;10&nbsp;2012 at 8:01am<br /><br /><font size="2">By the way, someone posted that Planned Parenthood's services are income based, so they may be "free" for some women.&nbsp; Well, that may be true.&nbsp; I never disputed that.</font><div>&nbsp;</div><div><font size="2">What I disputed&nbsp;is the myth that Planned Parenthood provides free (or ANY) mammograms.&nbsp; They might tell a woman where she can go to get a mammogram, but they do NOT perform them, whether for pay, for free, for trade, or for anything else.</font></div><div><font size="2"></font>&nbsp;</div><div><font size="2">If they DID perform mammograms, I doubt that&nbsp;any conservatives would object&nbsp;to it.&nbsp; I certainly would not.&nbsp; What many conservatives object to is federally funded abortions by Planned Parenthood.&nbsp; They feel that they should not have to pay, via their tax money, for what they consider the taking of an innocent life.</font></div><div><font size="2"></font>&nbsp;</div><div><font size="2">My biggest beef is the innuendo that the liberals (and the media) is happy to perpetuate:&nbsp; That Planned Parenthood performs mammograms at no cost for the needy.&nbsp; This is simply untrue.</font></div>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 10 Nov 2012 08:01:05 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4848&amp;PID=35539&amp;title=what-does-it-mean#35539</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>What does it mean??? :     &#226;&#8364;&#339;I do believe there...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4848&amp;PID=35538&amp;title=what-does-it-mean#35538</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4848<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Nov&nbsp;10&nbsp;2012 at 3:13am<br /><br /><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'>“I do believethere was more to the youth vote than just economic issues but I also thinkthat the image of capitalism portrayed by Mitt Romney tarnished his chances.There seemed to be no compassion in his message and the simple message of jobsdidn't mesh with how capitalism was portrayed. If the message had been moreabout good jobs that can support families and communities, it might have gainedmore traction.”…TonyB<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>Tony,<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>This is different from what you originally said, which was: <o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>“The youth votewas lost because the cyclical nature of the economy and the lack of specificsabout the plans of the GOP for the economy.”<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>I am having a little trouble understanding the new reasoning thatyou are introducing.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>First, are yousaying that Romney, himself, is not a compassionate man???<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>If so, I doubt that you actually watched theRepublican convention or that you actually know anything about Mitt Romney, theman.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Anyone who actually knows hisbackground and history would know that he is a compassionate person.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Next, the vibrant economy that would flourishunder unfettered capitalism would do more for the poor and lower class, and toraise members of all socioeconomic classes to higher socioeconomic classes,than any other system that the world has ever seen, bar none.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Can you point to any example where making therich poorer, has made the poor richer???<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>Anywhere…at any time???<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Hard workand personal initiative pays off (or, at least it used to).<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Consider all of the immigrants who came here(legally) with virtually nothing.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Theyworked hard, saved their money, started their own businesses (this was beforethe government made it virtually impossible to succeed in doing so), and achievedbeyond their dreams.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Then, many of theiremployees did the same thing.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>This isnearly impossible today (although some still manage it), since there is a bureaucrat standing in the way atnearly every turn, and every two or three people who are working must alsosupport one person who is retired and one person who either cannot or will notwork.<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><br><br>“I also think that the Romney flip-flop, say whatever the audience wants tohear, gave an aura of indecisiveness to the whole conservative message.”…TonyB<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>Well, I have to agree with you here, especially early on.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I never did think Romney was a trueconservative, and he did flip-flop trying to appeal to the right during theprimaries, and move towards the middle after he got the nomination.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I believe that a true fiscal conservativewould’ve scored better in the general election and turned out more of the basethan Romney did.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Too many voted forRomney simply because he was “better than Obama”.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Worse yet, I believe that too many stayedhome (did not vote) because they felt that there was not a candidate who stooda chance of winning that reflected their fiscal values.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>What I cannot understand is why so many votedfor Obama.<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'>“The Ayn Randphilosophy of every man for himself is at odds with the religious tenants ofChristianity.”…TonyB<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>You must’ve read different Ayn Rand writings than I did.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I interpreted her philosophy as “every man isresponsible for himself and his family, and that we also have a responsibilityto those truly unable to help themselves.” <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>But Rand didn’t believe that our help for theless fortunate should pass through the government.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>To her (and to me) it is illogical to spendmoney on bureaucrats to collect money, for example, in Middletown, send it toWashington DC, shuffle it around amongst innumerable departments, send what isleft back to Middletown, and then pay someone to dole it out to whomever theythink needs help.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>If I see a family herethat is in need, I can give them $50 for groceries.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>If that $50 is taken in tax (or any otherkind of federal fee) the family here will be lucky to get $15 by time it comesback.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Rand’s philosophy was to give thefamily $20, and find a way to hire someone from that family and pay them $30dollars…then perhaps the person learns a skill, improves their self-esteem, andkeeps working and therefore no longer needs charity.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>And perhaps you end up with a goodemployee.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Everyone wins!!!&nbsp;&nbsp; The needy family gets the full $50 instead of $15, plus an opportunity to become self-sufficient and to raise themselves up, the "donor" gets some labor for his $50 instead of a tax receipt…and all with NOgovernment involvement!!!<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'>“The messageswere so jumbled that there seemed to be no principles to stand upon.”…TonyB<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>Agreed.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>If someone wasundecided, and followed Romney all of the way from the first primary/caucusthrough until November 6, this would be true.<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'>“I also thinkthat you are deluding yourself to a certain extent when you say that only acouple of GOP candidates said things that didn't reflect conservative ideology.Candidates were repudiated and then given campaign funds;”…TonyB<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>I disagree.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Those twowingnuts (Akin from Missouri, and Mourdock from Indiana) were renounced byRomney/Ryan, although an ad showing Romney endorsing Mourdock (THAT WAS FILMEDPRIOR TO THE REMARKS) did run for a short period and was high-jacked by theObama campaign and used to imply that Romney agreed with Mourdock’s rapestance.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Money from the GOP Senatecandidates’ fund was cut off from both, but they could not take back money thathad already gone to the two.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Nearly ALLprominent Republicans renounced them and withdrew support.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Party bigwigs tried to get both men towithdraw, to allow a last minute write-in campaign by alternate candidates. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'>“Romney nevercame out and repudiated those stains on the conservative message and Fox Newstried to defend some of these remarks as true even as other conservativesrepudiated them.”…TonyB<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>Romney DID!!! (See above.)<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Asfor Fox news, I watched FNC a lot throughout the entire campaign (as well asother news shows.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Remember, I am usuallyup all night, so I can catch reruns of the national shows of several networks.)<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>NO ONE that I know of at Fox defended thosetwo screwballs, except possibly a guest or two.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>(Fox usually tries to have someone on EACH side of EVERY debate, so theymight’ve dug up some oddball somewhere in an effort to be “fair and balanced”.)<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>The only other possibility is SeanHannity.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I usually don’t watch his show…heis just too repetitive for me—like a broken record.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>About once a month is enough of him forme.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Now, I’ve heard people on the othernetworks CLAIM that Fox defended the two nuts, but I NEVER heard a Fox straightnews reporter, anchor, or regular commentator do so!!<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'>“It was puzzlingto me why the GOP deluded themselves into thinking they were going to win andwin easily.”…TonyB<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>Well, Tony, I can only speak for myself.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I thought Romney would win in a landslidebecause I didn’t believe that Obama could fool that many people AGAIN!!!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>He had no real message. (Except that Romney’sa crook/liar/thief/hates women/the elderly/children.)<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>He proffered no economic plan except “tax therich” and keep doing what I’ve done the last four years that has got usnowhere.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>He offered no hope.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>He offered no change.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>That is why I asked for help in understandingwhat happened.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>How could that manypeople possibly have voted for him AGAIN???<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'>“I believe theiroverconfidence and the brutal nature of the GOP primaries left independent andundecided voters with a tarnished image of conservative goals.”…TonyB<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>I could go along with that, EXCEPT…do you remember 2008???<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>These primaries were no more brutal than the2008 Democratic primaries, and Obama emerged much more overconfident that year thanRomney did this time…and Obama won big in 2008…so what’s the difference???<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'>“If you continueto blame the MSM for this defeat, you'll continue to miss why the message wasrejected. The truth of the matter is that what was offered was poorly presentedand explained, not that the message was somehow lied about.”…TonyB<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>Hold the phone, Tony!!!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Ididn’t START to blame the media until after we started this discussion.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I asked for help in understanding whathappened.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>You replied; I read andre-read your reply many times—even after I answered it.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>THAT was when I began believing that the MSMcarried the day…YOU convinced me!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Now, I’mnot trying to turn this into an argument.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>I really appreciate the discussion and your input.<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>But (there’s always a “but”, isn’t there?) I’ve watched thisentire campaign closely; watched every debate at least twice; watched many ofthe campaign speeches (of both candidates);<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>and of course I’ve seen most of the ads.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>I’ve also read a ton of editorials from a dozen different newspapers,watched months of news and opinion shows on ALL of the networks.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I feel like I know what the candidates havesaid about themselves…AND what they have said about each other…AND what thepundits have said about them.<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>Now, when I go back and read your first reply, again, I still seethe same thing:<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>I think that you arecorrect on the first issue (regarding immigration), but on the rest of it, itall appears to be information that you got, NOT from the Romney/Ryan campaign,but from others giving a distorted view of the Romney/Ryan campaign and whatthey stood for.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Please, go back andreview it, and my response.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>It’s as ifwe watched two DIFFERENT campaigns.<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'>“You give theAmerican voter too little credit if you believe that they can't see through thebias of any media source. Convincing the media isn't the problem, it'sconvincing the voter.”…TonyB<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt;'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style='line-height: 115%; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>Idon’t believe for a minute that it is a case of “convincing” the media.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>It is simply a fact that the media is liberal,and that they have given up their journalistic integrity on most of thenetworks and in most of the newspapers.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>They are simply willing to say or do anything to get a liberal candidateelected. <o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 10 Nov 2012 03:13:54 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4848&amp;PID=35538&amp;title=what-does-it-mean#35538</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>What does it mean??? :  Bocephus,What does Obama have...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4848&amp;PID=35524&amp;title=what-does-it-mean#35524</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=755">TonyB</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4848<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Nov&nbsp;09&nbsp;2012 at 9:18am<br /><br />Bocephus,<br><br>What does Obama have and what is he really up to? What things haven't been hammered by the media and the candidates and super PACs. You do realize that advertising is as much a part of the MSM as the programming itself. Which part of non-American, Kenyan-born, anti-capitalist, anti-Christian, anti-colonialist, racist, gay-loving, marxist, fascist, communist, Muslim, N*****, liar, destroyer of the American way of life has not yet been discussed.\? Did I miss something? How do I know all of this? Heard it in the media.There are a number of things that I don't like and don't agree with in regards to President Obama and progressives/liberals. Instead of belittling my intelligence or beliefs, why don't you rationally explain your point of view?&nbsp; Oh, btw, you did read my reply!<br>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 09 Nov 2012 09:18:39 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4848&amp;PID=35524&amp;title=what-does-it-mean#35524</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>