<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : J. T.s letter for Jerry</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : People in Middletown : J. T.s letter for Jerry</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 04:41:11 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Fri, 23 Nov 2012 10:21:02 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=4883</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>J. T.s letter for Jerry : From MJ:Letters to the editor...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4883&amp;PID=35800&amp;title=j-ts-letter-for-jerry#35800</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=259">409</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4883<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Nov&nbsp;23&nbsp;2012 at 10:21am<br /><br /><div>From MJ:</div><div><span ="InfoComp&#111;nentTextPara"><font size="1">Letters to the editor&nbsp;</font></span></div><div><span ="InfoComp&#111;nentTextPara"></span><span ="InfoComp&#111;nentText"><span ="InfoComp&#111;nentTextPrimitive" owc:c&#111;ntrol="primitive" owc:view-mode="text"><font size="1"><?: prefix = owc ns = "http://www.olivesoftware.com/schema/owc.xsd" /><owc:data style="display: n&#111;ne;" type="primitive" img-extensi&#111;n="png" prim_Id="Ar0090201">&nbsp;</owc:><span ="InfoComp&#111;nentTextIndent"> </span><span ="InfoComp&#111;nentTextPara">Life has been enriched by Nardiello </span></font></div><p ="InfoComp&#111;nentTextLineBreak"><span ="InfoComp&#111;nentTextPara"><font size="1">Regarding Rick Mc-Crabb’s excellent article about Jerry Nardiello (“Former local sportswriter, editor is 90 years old today,” Nov. 11) ... </font></span></p><p ="InfoComp&#111;nentTextLineBreak"><span ="InfoComp&#111;nentTextPara"><font size="1">When I was hired at the Journal in 1974 at the ripe old age of 26, I already knew who Jerry Nardiello was because of his countless stories and columns (called “Off the Bench”) on local sports I had read while growing up. He covered them all thoroughly, and in that detailed manner we all learned to expect. Yep, all the local teams: Reds, Bengals, Middies, Falcons, Mohawks, Hornets, Indians, Wildcats, Panthers and Redskins — and did all of them justice. </font></span></p><p ="InfoComp&#111;nentTextLineBreak"><span ="InfoComp&#111;nentTextPara"><font size="1">I first encountered Jerry in the hall at the paper after being hired by ad director, Wally Grey, and Jerry was with Chardelle </font></span></span><span ="InfoComp&#111;nentTextPrimitive" owc:c&#111;ntrol="primitive" owc:view-mode="text"><font size="1"><owc:data style="display: n&#111;ne;" type="primitive" img-extensi&#111;n="png" prim_Id="Ar0090202"> </owc:><span></span><span ="InfoComp&#111;nentTextPara">Weber and Paul Day. Believe me, to a newbie, they were a formidable trio of local journalists, and all three made it a point to introduce themselves and welcome me. From that day, I was welcome in the newsroom anytime, and through the years made many fast friends there. </span></font></p><p ="InfoComp&#111;nentTextLineBreak"><span ="InfoComp&#111;nentTextPara"><font size="1">I saw Jerry a few months ago at the library and we had a spirited conversation about local sports and old Journal hands. I could tell from our conversation his Journal memories were just as precious to </font></span></span><span ="InfoComp&#111;nentTextPrimitive" owc:c&#111;ntrol="primitive" owc:view-mode="text"><font size="1"><owc:data style="display: n&#111;ne;" type="primitive" img-extensi&#111;n="png" prim_Id="Ar0090203"> </owc:><span></span><span ="InfoComp&#111;nentTextPara">him as mine are to me. He’s now a Middletown treasure and I say, “God bless you, Jerry.” You’re the best, and my life has been enriched for knowing you, the terrific stories you composed and all the wonderful people who made our paper a wonderful local product in those days. JOHN T. MAHER, MIDDLETOWN </span></font></span></span></p>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 23 Nov 2012 10:21:02 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4883&amp;PID=35800&amp;title=j-ts-letter-for-jerry#35800</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>J. T.s letter for Jerry : Thanks for your homage to Jerry...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4883&amp;PID=35799&amp;title=j-ts-letter-for-jerry#35799</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=520">squeemy</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4883<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Nov&nbsp;23&nbsp;2012 at 9:37am<br /><br />Thanks for your homage to Jerry Nardiello in the Journal today, J. T.<br><br>There's a few of us out here who appreciate your sentiment.<br><br>may I challenge the group to find a way to post the text of it here?<br>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 23 Nov 2012 09:37:55 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4883&amp;PID=35799&amp;title=j-ts-letter-for-jerry#35799</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>