<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : ORMAN BUILDING DEMO</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : Community Revitalization : ORMAN BUILDING DEMO</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 05:17:38 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Tue, 05 Feb 2013 11:08:52 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=4910</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>ORMAN BUILDING DEMO : HERE IS THE LINK TO THE ENTIRE...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4910&amp;PID=36638&amp;title=orman-building-demo#36638</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4910<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;05&nbsp;2013 at 11:08am<br /><br /><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 12pt" =Ms&#111;normal><strong><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">HERE IS THE LINK TO THE ENTIRE STORY</SPAN></strong><B><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><BR><BR></SPAN></B><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><a href="http://www.petaluma360.com/article/20120127/COMMUNITY/120129563/1425/COMMUNITY0110?p=2&amp;tc=pg" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><U><FONT color=#800080 size=2>http://www.petaluma360.com/article/20120127/COMMUNITY/120129563/1425/COMMUNITY0110?p=2&amp; ;tc=pg</FONT></U></A><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><H1 style="MARGIN: auto 0in"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 16pt">Former councilman's lawsuit threatens funding for projects<o:p></o:p></SPAN></H1><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">By <a href="http://www.petaluma360.com/apps/pbcs.dll/pers&#111;nalia?ID=jhansen&amp;category=community" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><FONT color=#0066cc size=2>Jamie Hansen</FONT></A><BR>ARGUS-COURIER STAFF<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><H5 style="MARGIN: auto 0in"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black">Published: </SPAN><?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:date Year="2012" Day="27" M&#111;nth="1"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black">Friday, January 27, 2012</SPAN></st1:date><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black"> at </SPAN><st1:time Hour="8" Minute="13"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black">8:13 a.m.</SPAN></st1:time><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black"><BR>Last Modified: </SPAN><st1:date Year="2012" Day="27" M&#111;nth="1"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black">Friday, January 27, 2012</SPAN></st1:date><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black"> at </SPAN><st1:time Hour="8" Minute="13"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black">8:13 a.m.</SPAN></st1:time><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></H5><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">A former </SPAN><st1:City><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Petaluma</SPAN></st1:place></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> city councilman who initiated two unsuccessful ballot measures to roll back sewer rates in 2008 and 2010 appears to have scored a victory, of sorts, by prompting the city to stop spending wastewater funds on certain activities which he claims are an illegal use of the money. <o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Bryant Moynihan, after recently making good on his promise to sue the city over alleged misuse of the ratepayers' sewer funds, seemed confident this week about his chances of prevailing in the case. <o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Moynihan has long railed against what he says is the city's excessive spending on the $114 million wastewater treatment plant that went into operation three years ago. His suit claims the city wrongly spent $4.7 million in wastewater funds on non-wastewater activities related to storm drain maintenance, without getting ratepayer approval.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Moynihan maintains that such activity is prohibited under Proposition 218, which passed in 1996. He wants the city to stop using the funds on prohibited activities, and return the money to the wastewater enterprise fund, which he says could possibly result in a lowering of rates for city residents and businesses. <o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">My goal was to get them to sit down at the table, stop these illegal acts, and start reimbursing the ratepayers,â€ Moynihan said.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">His disagreement with the city boils down to whether a variety of activities charged to the wastewater fund were actually related to wastewater, which Proposition 218 requires. <o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">The city believes that some stormwater projects â€”like ones that reduce strain on the wastewater treatment plant by keeping stormwater out of it â€” are appropriate.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">But the city seems to have conceded some points to Moynihan in its approval of water and wastewater rates this December. In that rate plan, which took effect this month, the city discontinued using wastewater enterprise money to fund activities it had previously been charging to that fund. According to City Councilman Mike Healy, about $500,000 worth of projects have lost funding this year as a result. Those projects include floodplain mapping that could affect flood insurance for residents of the Payran neighborhood and elsewhere, as well as environmental work that enables dredge spoils from the </SPAN><st1:place><st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Petaluma</SPAN></st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> </SPAN><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">River</SPAN></st1:place></st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> to be placed in the interior of </SPAN><st1:place><st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Shollenberger</SPAN></st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> </SPAN><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Park</SPAN></st1:place></st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">. <o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">The cash-strapped city must now try to find other ways to pay for these projects. The latter project is scheduled for approval at the Feb. 6 council meeting, though it's not yet clear how the city will propose paying for the work.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Both City Manager John Brown and Councilmember Mike Healy, a lawyer, said Moynihan seemed to be partially right, on what Brown described as â€œa technicalityâ€ around what applies as an appropriate charge to the wastewater fund.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">In addition to the $4.7 million he claims was misappropriated, Moynihan says there are additional millions he thinks have been used inappropriately. Moynihan says addressing those funds could take three separate lawsuits, though he hopes the city will return them without additional litigation.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">The City Council will most likely discuss how to address the lawsuit in an upcoming closed session council meeting, though no date for that discussion had been scheduled as of Wednesday morning. <o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">(Contact Jamie Hansen at jamie.hansen@argus courier.com)<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 05 Feb 2013 11:08:52 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4910&amp;PID=36638&amp;title=orman-building-demo#36638</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>ORMAN BUILDING DEMO : Total revenue collected in the...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4910&amp;PID=36455&amp;title=orman-building-demo#36455</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4910<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jan&nbsp;23&nbsp;2013 at 3:31pm<br /><br /><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; COLOR: #1f497d; FONT-SIZE: 11pt">Total revenue collected in the Wellfield Protection Fund for 2012 was <strong><FONT size=4>$504,497.70</FONT></strong></SPAN>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 23 Jan 2013 15:31:04 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4910&amp;PID=36455&amp;title=orman-building-demo#36455</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>ORMAN BUILDING DEMO : January 11, 2013 Friday City...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4910&amp;PID=36323&amp;title=orman-building-demo#36323</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4910<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jan&nbsp;11&nbsp;2013 at 11:39pm<br /><br /><PRE><?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><ST1:DATE Year="2013" Day="11" M&#111;nth="1"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><FONT size=2>January 11, 2013</FONT></SPAN></ST1:DATE><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></SPAN><ST1:PLACE><ST1:PLACENAME><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><FONT size=2>Friday<BR></FONT></SPAN></ST1:PLACENAME><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><FONT size=2></FONT></SPAN><ST1:PLACE><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><FONT size=2>City</FONT></SPAN></ST1:PLACE></ST1:PLACE><FONT size=2><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> of </SPAN><ST1:CITY><ST1:PLACE><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Middletown</SPAN></ST1:PLACE></ST1:CITY></FONT><FONT size=2><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> Council Members</SPAN></FONT><FONT size=2><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><BR>Subject: </SPAN><ST1:PLACE><ST1:PLACENAME><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Orman</SPAN></ST1:PLACENAME><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> </SPAN><ST1:PLACE><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Building</SPAN></ST1:PLACE></ST1:PLACE><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> Demolition<BR><BR><BR></SPAN></FONT></PRE><PRE><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 11pt">ORDINANCE NO 02007-25Passed </SPAN></B><ST1:DATE Year="2007" Day="20" M&#111;nth="3"><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 11pt">3-20-2007<BR><BR></SPAN></B></ST1:DATE></PRE><PRE><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black"><FONT size=2>§ 1042.07&nbsp; </FONT><FONT size=2><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">WELL FIELD PROTECTION FEE</B></FONT></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black"><FONT size=2>&nbsp;<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P></FONT></SPAN></PRE><P style="MARGIN: 5pt 0.75pt"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">(a)&nbsp; It is hereby declared necessary and conducive to the protection of the public health, safety and welfare and the convenience of the City to levy and collect a fee or charge upon all lots, lands or premises served by having a connection with the City water supply. The proceeds from such fees or charges so derived shall be for the establishment and operation of a well field protection program in the City, with the purposes of </SPAN><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: red; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">protecting said fields from any event leading to their impurification</SPAN></B><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> and thereby protecting all users of said system from the harmful effects of such impurification.<BR><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">vcm: Since you did no testing at the site you have no proof that the well field has been contaminated or affected in any way or will be in the future.<BR>If this is the legal standard that you want to use for the demo of the </I></B></SPAN><ST1:PLACE><ST1:PLACENAME><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Orman</SPAN></I></B></ST1:PLACENAME><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> </SPAN></I></B><ST1:PLACE><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Building</SPAN></I></B></ST1:PLACE></ST1:PLACE><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> and to remove $597,000 from the Well Field Protection Fund, </SPAN></I></B><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-ansi-: EN" lang=EN>then every old building in the downtown area would qualify&nbsp;to be demolished using this same standard. City Hall is well aware of the condition of the roof at Rose Furniture, another city owned property ready to collapse. Will City Hall wait for that roof to collapse also? Will Rose Furniture be the next building to be demolished using Well Field Protection Funds?<O:P></O:P></SPAN></I></B></P><PRE><FONT size=2><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black">(b)&nbsp; For the purposes provided in division (a) hereof, there is hereby levied and assessed upon all lots, lands <BR>or premises served by or having a connection with the City water system a fee or charge as follows:<BR></SPAN></FONT><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black"><FONT size=2>(1)&nbsp; Upon all single-family water connections:&nbsp; fifty cents ($.50) per month.<BR></FONT></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black"><FONT size=2>(2)&nbsp; Upon all industrial, commercial and multifamily water connections: 5% of all monthly charges.<BR></FONT></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black"><FONT size=2>(c)&nbsp; Senior citizens who qualify for reduced water rates under the </FONT></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black"><FONT size=2>provisions of § 1042.05, and disabled <BR>persons who qualify for reduced water rates under the provisions of § 1042.06, shall be assessed a fee <BR>or charge of one-half of that imposed under division (b)(1) hereof.<BR></FONT></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">(d)&nbsp; For the purposes of this section, there is hereby established the Well Field Protection Fund, into which<BR>all funds collected pursuant to this section are to be deposited.<BR><BR><BR>(e)&nbsp; The fees or charges imposed hereby are in addition to all other fees or charges imposed by law and shall<BR>apply to water customers with connections within and without the City. <BR>(Ord. 095-105, passes 10-03-1995)</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 9pt"><O:P></O:P></SPAN></PRE><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" ="Ms&#111;normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><O:P><FONT size=3>&nbsp;</FONT></O:P></SPAN></P><span style="font-size:10px"><br /><br />Edited by Vivian Moon - Jan&nbsp;11&nbsp;2013 at 11:42pm</span>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 11 Jan 2013 23:39:30 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4910&amp;PID=36323&amp;title=orman-building-demo#36323</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>ORMAN BUILDING DEMO : ATCEngineering Individual Solutions11121...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4910&amp;PID=36321&amp;title=orman-building-demo#36321</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4910<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jan&nbsp;11&nbsp;2013 at 8:10pm<br /><br /><P><B><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 14pt">ATC</SPAN></B><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><BR>Engineering Individual Solutions</SPAN></I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><BR><BR></SPAN><?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:address><st1:Street><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">11121 Canal Road</SPAN></st1:Street><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">, </SPAN><st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">Cincinnati</SPAN></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">, </SPAN><st1:State><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">Ohio</SPAN></st1:State><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt"> </SPAN><st1:PostalCode><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">45241</SPAN></st1:PostalCode></st1:address><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt"><BR>513-771-2112<BR>513-782-6908<BR>www.atcassociates.com<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P><st1:date Year="2012" Day="7" M&#111;nth="8"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">August 7, 2012</SPAN></st1:date><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><BR>Ms. Denise Hamet<BR>Economic Development Manager<BR>City of </SPAN><st1:place><st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Middletown</SPAN></st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><BR></SPAN><st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">One</SPAN></st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> </SPAN><st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Donham</SPAN></st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> </SPAN><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Plaza</SPAN></st1:place></st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><BR></SPAN><st1:place><st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Middletown</SPAN></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">, </SPAN><st1:State><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Ohio</SPAN></st1:State><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> </SPAN><st1:PostalCode><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">45042</SPAN></st1:PostalCode></st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">RE: <B>Health Risk - Orman Building<BR></B></SPAN><st1:address><st1:Street><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">500 North Verity Parkway</SPAN></st1:Street><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><BR></SPAN><st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Middletown</SPAN></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">, </SPAN><st1:State><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Ohio</SPAN></st1:State></st1:address><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Dear Ms. Hamet:<BR><BR>Pursuant to your request, this letter is issued to provide our opinion on health risks associated</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> <SPAN style="COLOR: black">with the above-referenced site.</SPAN> <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN style="COLOR: red">This opinion is based upon information as made available for ATC to review; we have not visited the site to date.</SPAN></B> <SPAN style="COLOR: black">We understand that this letter will be used to evaluate whether funds from the City’s Wellfield Protection Fund would be appropriate for use to address conditions at the Orman property.<BR><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">vcm: I have not been provided with any documents that Denise Hamet send to ATC for them to issue this opinion.<BR>This is just an opinion without a visit to the </I></B></SPAN></SPAN><st1:place><st1:PlaceName><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Orman</SPAN></I></B></st1:PlaceName><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> </SPAN></I></B><st1:place><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Building</SPAN></I></B></st1:place></st1:place><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> site and without any testing being completed to provide proof of claim. <o:p></o:p></SPAN></I></B></P><P><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">It is our understanding that a portion of the building located adjacent/along a rail line is in very poor condition, and that rail line use has been discontinued until the condition of the building can be addressed. We further understand that the rail line is required for a local business operation, and that the situation needs to be addressed on an expedited basis. The building is reportedly<BR>scheduled for <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">partial emergency demolition</B> to facilitate re-opening of the rail-line.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Previous reports provided to ATC indicate: i) the presence of asbestos containing materials (ACMs) within the building, and ii) the potential presence of contaminants of concern that could leach into groundwater. The potential release of asbestos into ambient air</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN style="COLOR: red">could occur</SPAN></B> <SPAN style="COLOR: black">if the building collapses; as such, it represents an</SPAN> <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN style="COLOR: red">imminent health risk</SPAN></B>. <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN style="COLOR: red">Asbestos should be abated to the extent practicable in the area of the building to be demolished.</SPAN></B> <SPAN style="COLOR: black">Demolition practices should be undertaken to minimize potential fiber release in any areas of ACM that cannot be abated prior to demolition. The proximity of the property to the City’s Wellfield suggests that potential impact to groundwater associated with historical land use </SPAN><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN style="COLOR: red">could affect the Wellfield</SPAN></B>. <BR><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">vcm:</I></B><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"> <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">The asbestos was not abatement before the damaged area<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN>was demolished. However Vicker’s Wrecking did undertaken demolition practices to minimize potential fiber release by spraying water</B> <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">as the damaged portion of the building was being demolished.<BR>The contaminated debris was NOT removed from the site. Some of the debris from the demo was pushed into the basement and a huge pile of contaminated material was left open to the elements on the Verity Prky side of the building.<BR></B></I><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><BR></B><SPAN style="COLOR: black">We recommend inspection of the area to be demolished (to the extent practicable) to ensure that hazardous materials or petroleum products are not stored there that could be released in association with demolition activities and potentially impact the Wellfield.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></SPAN></P><P><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Please note that notification is required to the Ohio Department of Health and OEPA prior to the initiation of abatement/demolition activities. Normally, 10-day notice is required prior to such activities;</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN style="COLOR: red">however, if a public health hazard is present</SPAN></B> <SPAN style="COLOR: black">(as is the case), this period can be waived. We are happy to assist with this work upon request; the work is required to be performed by </SPAN></SPAN><st1:State><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Ohio</SPAN></st1:place></st1:State><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> certified abatement professionals and overseen by an Ohio-certified asbestos hazard evaluation specialist.<BR><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">vcm: The building did not collapse therefore it did not represents an imminent health risk.<BR>No testing of any kind have been completed therefore there is no proof of a health risk.</P><DIV><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA"><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>If in fact City Hall thought that the asbestos release&nbsp;a serious concern to public health, why didn’t they immediately notify the EPA or another e<SPAN style="mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">nvironmental </SPAN>firm to do an investigation and take air samples at the Orman site. On </SPAN><st1:date Year="2012" Day="7" M&#111;nth="8"><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA">August 7, 2012</SPAN></I></B></st1:date><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA">, Mr. Adkins nor Ms. Gilleland made no mention or had any concerns about a potential asbestos release or threat to public health or the well fields.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"></SPAN></I></B></DIV><DIV><P></I></B></SPAN><st1:place><st1:PlaceName><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Orman</SPAN></I></st1:PlaceName><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> </SPAN></I><st1:place><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Building</SPAN></I></st1:place></st1:place><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> – Health Risk </SPAN></I><st1:date Year="2012" Day="7" M&#111;nth="8"><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">August 7, 2012</SPAN></I></st1:date><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><BR></SPAN></I><st1:address><st1:Street><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">500 N. Verity Parkway</SPAN></I></st1:Street><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">, </SPAN></I><st1:City><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Middletown</SPAN></I></st1:City><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">, </SPAN></I><st1:State><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Ohio</SPAN></I></st1:State></st1:address><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> Page 2<o:p></o:p></SPAN></I></P></DIV><P><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or comments, or if we can be of further service in any way.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Best regards,<BR><B>ATC ASSOCIATES INC.<BR></B>Michael J. Luessen, C.P./P.G.<BR>Principal Geologist<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</FONT></o:p></SPAN></P>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 11 Jan 2013 20:10:04 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4910&amp;PID=36321&amp;title=orman-building-demo#36321</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>ORMAN BUILDING DEMO : THE SHELL GAME IN ACTION I decided...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4910&amp;PID=36320&amp;title=orman-building-demo#36320</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4910<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jan&nbsp;11&nbsp;2013 at 7:50pm<br /><br /><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; FONT-SIZE: 14pt; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA">THE SHELL GAME IN ACTION<BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA">I decided to make all of these documents public so you could see the shell game in action and get a better understanding of how funds are removed from DECATED and ENTERPISE FUNDS. <BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>This is the answer to our question of “WHERE DID ALL THE MONEY GO”.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>I also want to help you better understand why it so difficult to trace the total cost of a project.<BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>The Orman Building Demo is now being paid from 3 different funds, the Downtown Fund, the Wellfield Protection Fund and the Nuisance Fund.<BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>The records of the Orman Building Demo are now being handled by 2 different department, Community Revitalization and Economic Development.<BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"></SPAN>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 11 Jan 2013 19:50:09 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4910&amp;PID=36320&amp;title=orman-building-demo#36320</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>ORMAN BUILDING DEMO : Gosh,Ms Vivian, Judy is always...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4910&amp;PID=36316&amp;title=orman-building-demo#36316</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1299">over the hill</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4910<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jan&nbsp;11&nbsp;2013 at 4:07pm<br /><br />Gosh,Ms Vivian, Judy is always to quick to get studies done on every thing else why did she not seem concerned about something much more important? Seems odd doesn't it?]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 11 Jan 2013 16:07:17 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4910&amp;PID=36316&amp;title=orman-building-demo#36316</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>ORMAN BUILDING DEMO : It is clear to me that the only...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4910&amp;PID=36308&amp;title=orman-building-demo#36308</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4910<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jan&nbsp;11&nbsp;2013 at 2:50pm<br /><br /><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Ms&#111;normal><FONT size=3><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">It is clear to me that the only contamination to the </SPAN><?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place><st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">Orman</SPAN></st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'"> </SPAN><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">Building</SPAN></st1:place></st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'"> site has been caused by the City of </SPAN><st1:City><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'">Middletown</SPAN></st1:place></st1:City></FONT><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'"><FONT size=3> by not removing the asbestos before the demo and leaving the contaminated asbestos debris open to the elements for the past 5 months.</FONT><BR><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:50:11 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4910&amp;PID=36308&amp;title=orman-building-demo#36308</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>ORMAN BUILDING DEMO : January 11, 2013City of Middletown...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4910&amp;PID=36307&amp;title=orman-building-demo#36307</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4910<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jan&nbsp;11&nbsp;2013 at 1:41pm<br /><br /><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:date Year="2013" Day="11" M&#111;nth="1"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">January 11, 2013</SPAN></st1:date><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><BR><BR>City of </SPAN><st1:City><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Middletown Council</SPAN></st1:place></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> Members<BR><BR>Subject: <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">ORMAN BUILDING DEMOLITION<BR><BR></B></SPAN><st1:date Year="2012" Day="27" M&#111;nth="7"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">July 27, 2012</SPAN></st1:date><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> – Chief Building Official was notified of a partial roof collapse of the </SPAN><st1:place><st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Orman</SPAN></st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> </SPAN><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Building</SPAN></st1:place></st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">. The inspection revealed that the center of the roof had collapsed and the outer walls are bulging from the weight. Bricks and other debris had fallen and were obstructing the railroad tracks<BR><BR></SPAN><st1:date Year="2012" Day="7" M&#111;nth="8"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">August 7, 2012</SPAN></st1:date><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> City Council Meeting – EMERGENCY LEGISLATION<BR><B>EMERGENCY LEGISLATION<BR>Ordinance No. O2012-32</B>, an ordinance establishing a procedure for and authoring a contract with <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Vickers Wrecking, Inc</B>. for the stabilization of the </SPAN><st1:place><st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Orman</SPAN></st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> </SPAN><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Building</SPAN></st1:place></st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> and declaring an emergency. Mr. Landen explained that a copy of the emergency legislation had been placed before council as required by the Charter.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Mr. Picard moved for the adoption of O2012-32. Mr. Smith seconded and the motion carried.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Mr. Adkins explained that on or about July 27th, the Chief Building Official was notified of a partial roof collapse at the </SPAN><st1:place><st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Orman</SPAN></st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> </SPAN><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Building</SPAN></st1:place></st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">. The inspection revealed that the center of the roof collapsed and the outer walls are bulging from the weight. Bricks and other debris fell and are obstructing the railroad tracks. Those tracks are an active spur used by one of </SPAN><st1:City><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Middletown</SPAN></st1:place></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">’s major employers who are expecting a shipment in August. Delays in the arrival of that shipment could cost the city money. Vickers can have a crew onsite and have the building stabilized prior to the arrival of that shipment. Staff requests that the bidding process be waived for this emergency stabilization.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Mr. Smith asked if we stabilize this do we still have to take the building down.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Ms. Gilleland responded that is the plan, the building needs to be demolished.<BR><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Mr. Adkins further explained this is a stop gap measure. It is not on a demolition plan.<BR></B>Ms. Gilleland said this could ultimately knock out one of our last funds used for projects, the Downtown Fund. <BR>There may be a grant out there, but it’s doubtful<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">. If it were anywhere else, we would let it fall down.</B> <BR>But it’s five feet from the railroad tracks and right on Verity Parkway.<BR>Mr. Adkins said this is a band aid and they are exploring all options for demolition.<BR><B>Motion Carried </B>Ayes: Scott Jones, Laubach, Mort, J. Mulligan, Picard, Smith and L. Mulligan.<BR><BR>Mr. Adkins stated during this meeting that <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">they could not demo the building, due to the widespread existence of asbestos that had to be removed before the building could be demolished. </B><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN>He said that they didn’t have time to get the asbestos removed prior to delivery of the </SPAN><st1:City><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Wausau</SPAN></st1:place></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> equipment. <BR><BR><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">vcm: Please notice there is no mention above or show of concern about a possible threat of asbestos contamination to the well field.</I><BR><BR></B></SPAN><st1:date Year="2012" Day="14" M&#111;nth="8"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">August 14, 2012</SPAN></st1:date><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> – Vicker’s Wrecking started the demo of the damaged section of the building.<BR><BR></SPAN><st1:date Year="2012" Day="16" M&#111;nth="8"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">August 16, 2012</SPAN></st1:date><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> – Vicker’s Wrecking completed the demo. Some debris was pushed into the basement area and a large pile of debris was left at the </SPAN><st1:Street><st1:address><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Verity Pkwy</SPAN></st1:address></st1:Street><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> side of the building.<BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN><BR><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">vcm:</I></B><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"> <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Vickers Wrecker was paid $56,000 from the Downtown Fund however this did not include the removal of the debris. <BR></B></I><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN><BR></B></SPAN><st1:date Year="2012" Day="12" M&#111;nth="9"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">September 12, 2012</SPAN></st1:date><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> – Westech Environmental Solutions did a Pre-Demolition Asbestos Survey on the remaining part of the </SPAN><st1:place><st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Orman</SPAN></st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> </SPAN><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Building</SPAN></st1:place></st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">. <BR><BR></SPAN><st1:date Year="2012" Day="16" M&#111;nth="11"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">November 16, 2012</SPAN></st1:date><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> – Letter from Westech Environmental Solutions to Kyle Fuchs. Subject: Possible Asbestos Release Threat to the City of </SPAN><st1:City><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Middletown</SPAN></st1:place></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">’s Well Field. <BR><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">vcm: The above Westech documents were not included in the on-line City Council Workbook <BR></I><BR></B>December 4, 2012 – City Council Meeting<BR>Legislation Item 6<BR>An Ordinance authorizing a contract with O’Rourke Wrecking for the demolition of the Orman Building in the amount of $597,000 from the Wellfield Protection Fund<BR><BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Mr. Adkins stated “Staff obtained an evaluation from our environmental consultant stating that uncontrolled release of the asbestos fibers in the building represented a </I></B></SPAN><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: red; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">potential</SPAN></I></B><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> threat to our well fields.” <BR><BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>Since Mr. Adkins did not state the name of the environmental consulting firm I will presume that this is a reference to the letter that was sent to me by Mr. Adkins staff,<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>dated November 16, 2012, from <SPAN style="mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">WESTECH Environmental Solutions. <BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN><BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>I find the above statement by Mr. Adkins to be very misleading. The letter from Westech clearly states </SPAN></SPAN></I></B><B><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: red; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">“</SPAN></I></B><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: red; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Additional site-specific and aquifer-specific information would be needed to provide a more certain conclusion of probable contaminant impact to the well field.”</SPAN></I></B><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> In other words Westech did not do an on-site inspection, air, soil or water testing of any kind at the </SPAN></I></B><st1:place><st1:PlaceName><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Orman</SPAN></I></B></st1:PlaceName><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> </SPAN></I></B><st1:place><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Building</SPAN></I></B></st1:place></st1:place><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> site after </SPAN></I></B><st1:date Year="2012" Day="16" M&#111;nth="11"><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Nov 16, 2012</SPAN></I></B></st1:date><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> concerning possible asbestos contamination of the Well Fields. I have received no document from the city that any further testing was completed at the site. <BR>Potential, Probable and Possible is not proof….it is nothing more than an educated guess since no air samples were taken immediately after the incident.<BR><BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>If in fact City Hall thought that the asbestos release was such a serious matter when the roof collapsed, why didn’t they immediately notify the EPA or another e<SPAN style="mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">nvironmental </SPAN>firm to do an investigation and take air samples at the Orman site. On </SPAN></I></B><st1:date Year="2012" Day="7" M&#111;nth="8"><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">August 7, 2012</SPAN></I></B></st1:date><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">, Mr. Adkins nor Ms. Gilleland made no mention or had any concerns about a potential asbestos release or threat to the well fields.<BR><BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>If in fact City Hall thought that the asbestos release was such a serious threat to the well field why didn’t they order further testing at this site?<BR><BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>The Westech Pre-Demolition Asbestos Survey of </SPAN></I></B><st1:date Year="2012" Day="12" M&#111;nth="9"><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">September 12, 2012</SPAN></I></B></st1:date><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> is a 33 page typical inspection and does not address or make reference to Mr. Adkins claim of an asbestos threat to the well field.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN><BR><BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>If in fact the asbestos was such a threat why wasn’t the removal of the debris included with the Vickers Wrecking demolition since as of<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>7-31-2012 the Unencumbered Balance in the Downtown Fund was……$878,277.07<BR><BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>If in fact City Hall thinks that the asbestos from the Orman Building is such a threat to the well field why for the past 5 months has the huge pile of asbestos contaminated debris at the Orman Building been left open to the elements which is clearly a violation of City and EPA law.<BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN><BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>If in fact the asbestos release was such a threat why didn’t City Hall notify the residents in the area?<BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN><BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>Therefore Mr. Adkins has provided no proof that the collapsed roof or demo of the Orman Building offers any greater asbestos threat to the well fields than any other buildings that have collapsed or been demoed in this area in recent years.<BR><BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>How can the </SPAN></I></B><st1:place><st1:PlaceName><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Orman</SPAN></I></B></st1:PlaceName><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> </SPAN></I></B><st1:place><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Building</SPAN></I></B></st1:place></st1:place><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> be a greater threat to the well field than the canal which was denied use of these funds several years ago for its clean up?<BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</SPAN><BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Mr. Adkins has provided no proof that the </SPAN></I></B><st1:place><st1:PlaceName><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Orman</SPAN></I></B></st1:PlaceName><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> </SPAN></I></B><st1:place><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Building</SPAN></I></B></st1:place></st1:place><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> site is an&nbsp;eminent threat or danger in any way to the City’s water supply. Therefore I believe that the use the Wellfield Protection Funds for the demolition of the </SPAN></I></B><st1:place><st1:PlaceName><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Orman</SPAN></I></B></st1:PlaceName><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> </SPAN></I></B><st1:place><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Building</SPAN></I></B></st1:place></st1:place><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> is an illegal use of these funds.<BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN><BR><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>Therefore the contract with O’Rourke Wrecking for $597,000 that was appropriated from the Wellhead Protection Fund Account # 546.990.54503 needs to be canceled until another source of funding can be found for this project.<BR><BR>Vivian Moon<BR><BR>attachments: <BR>Pre-Demolition Asbestos Survey </SPAN></I></B><st1:date Year="2012" Day="12" M&#111;nth="9"><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">9-12-2012</SPAN></I></B></st1:date><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> <BR>Letter from Westech Environmental Solutions </SPAN></I></B><st1:date Year="2012" Day="16" M&#111;nth="11"><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">11-16-2012</SPAN></I></B></st1:date><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></I></B></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Ms&#111;normal><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></I></B></P>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:41:00 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4910&amp;PID=36307&amp;title=orman-building-demo#36307</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>ORMAN BUILDING DEMO : WESTECH ENVIRONENTAL SOLUTIONS&#226;&#8482;&#166;...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4910&amp;PID=36306&amp;title=orman-building-demo#36306</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4910<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jan&nbsp;11&nbsp;2013 at 12:08pm<br /><br /><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: SymbolMT; COLOR: black; mso-bidi-font-family: SymbolMT"><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">WESTECH ENVIRONENTAL SOLUTIONS</FONT></SPAN></B><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: SymbolMT; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; mso-bidi-font-family: SymbolMT"><BR></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: SymbolMT; COLOR: red; FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; mso-bidi-font-family: SymbolMT"><FONT face="Times New Roman">♦ </FONT></SPAN><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Phase I &amp; II Environmental Site Assessments<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></I></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: SymbolMT; COLOR: red; FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; mso-bidi-font-family: SymbolMT"><FONT face="Times New Roman">♦ </FONT></SPAN><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Asbestos &amp; Lead Surveys<o:p></o:p></SPAN></I></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: SymbolMT; COLOR: red; FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; mso-bidi-font-family: SymbolMT"><FONT face="Times New Roman">♦ </FONT></SPAN><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Brownfield Assessments<o:p></o:p></SPAN></I></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: SymbolMT; COLOR: red; FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; mso-bidi-font-family: SymbolMT"><FONT face="Times New Roman">♦ </FONT></SPAN><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Indoor Air Quality Assessments<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></I></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:date Year="2012" Day="16" M&#111;nth="11"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">November 16, 2012</SPAN></st1:date><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Mr. Kyle Fuchs<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">HUD Program Administrator<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">City of </SPAN><st1:City><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Middletown</SPAN></st1:place></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT"> - Community Revitalization Department<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">One </SPAN><st1:place><st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Donham</SPAN></st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT"> </SPAN><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Plaza</SPAN></st1:place></st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">, 4th Floor<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><st1:place><st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Middletown</SPAN></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">, </SPAN><st1:State><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Ohio</SPAN></st1:State><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT"> </SPAN><st1:PostalCode><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">45042</SPAN></st1:PostalCode></st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><B><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Subject: </SPAN></B><B><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: red; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Possible</SPAN></B><B><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT"> Asbestos Release Threat to the City Of Middletown’s Well Field<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Dear Kyle:<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">I have reviewed the information you provided me regarding the city of </SPAN><st1:City><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Middletown</SPAN></st1:place></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">’s municipal well field, the city’s well field protection areas, and current site conditions at the </SPAN><st1:place><st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Orman</SPAN></st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT"> </SPAN><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Building</SPAN></st1:place></st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT"> property with regard to the existing asbestos fiber release episode.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT"><BR>Since damaged friable asbestos-containing materials are currently present in the debris of the collapsed portion of the </SPAN><st1:place><st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Orman</SPAN></st1:PlaceName><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT"> </SPAN><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Building</SPAN></st1:place></st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">, I believe that asbestos fibers have been and are being released into environment at this site. Wind-borne asbestos fibers are likely being transported offsite as well.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT"><BR>Given that an ongoing and uncontrolled asbestos fiber release is occurring at the Orman Building property, that the property is situated over the Great Miami Aquifer and within the “5-year time of travel” (for contaminated groundwater to reach a municipal well) to this well field, and that the underlying aquifer is this area consists of permeable sand and gravel, I believe asbestos fibers that would impact the groundwater beneath this property could eventually migrate to a nearby municipal water well. Accordingly, I believe the existence of the asbestos fiber release at this property could pose a threat to groundwater within the well field.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT"><BR></SPAN><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: red; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Additional site-specific and aquifer-specific information would be needed to provide a more certain conclusion of probable contaminant impact to the well field.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT"><BR>If you have any questions concerning this letter, please contact me.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Sincerely,<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><B><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">WESTECH Environmental Solutions<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Michael J. Westerfield, CPG<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: n&#111;ne" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Project Director<BR><BR></SPAN><B><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">OFFICE </SPAN></I></B><st1:address><st1:Street><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">7601 Cheviot Road</SPAN></I></st1:Street><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">, </SPAN></I><st1:City><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">Cincinnati</SPAN></I></st1:City><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">, </SPAN></I><st1:State><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">OH</SPAN></I></st1:State><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT"> </SPAN></I><st1:PostalCode><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT">45247</SPAN></I></st1:PostalCode></st1:address><I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SymbolMT"> <B>PHONE </B>(513) 353-0700 <B>FAX </B>(513) 353-1701 </P><DIV><B>WEBSITE </B>www.gowestech.com<o:p></o:p></SPAN></I></DIV><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Ms&#111;normal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt"><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman">&nbsp;</FONT></o:p></SPAN></P><P>&nbsp;</P>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 11 Jan 2013 12:08:54 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4910&amp;PID=36306&amp;title=orman-building-demo#36306</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>ORMAN BUILDING DEMO : DOWNTOWN FUND7-31-2012 Unencumbered...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4910&amp;PID=36199&amp;title=orman-building-demo#36199</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 4910<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jan&nbsp;02&nbsp;2013 at 5:41pm<br /><br /><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto" ="Ms&#111;normal"><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">DOWNTOWN FUND<BR></FONT></SPAN></B><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">7-31-2012<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>Unencumbered Balance…………………………...$878,277.07<BR><BR>PO#&nbsp;&nbsp; RG023524<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN><BR>9-14-2012<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>Vend# 11420 - <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">VICKERS WRECKING INC</B>…..$56,000.00<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 02 Jan 2013 17:41:53 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4910&amp;PID=36199&amp;title=orman-building-demo#36199</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>