<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : LIBERTY RESTAURANT</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : About Middletown : LIBERTY RESTAURANT</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 02:35:45 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Sun, 01 Feb 2015 07:55:32 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=5916</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>LIBERTY RESTAURANT : Thanks for the chili recipe. My...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5916&amp;PID=44700&amp;title=liberty-restaurant#44700</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1522">buckeye43719</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 5916<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;01&nbsp;2015 at 7:55am<br /><br />Thanks for the chili recipe. My wife fixed the chili. It was very good.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 01 Feb 2015 07:55:32 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5916&amp;PID=44700&amp;title=liberty-restaurant#44700</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>LIBERTY RESTAURANT : BuckeyeHere is my Greek Chili...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5916&amp;PID=44549&amp;title=liberty-restaurant#44549</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 5916<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jan&nbsp;21&nbsp;2015 at 1:40pm<br /><br />Buckeye<br>Here is my Greek Chili Recipe<br><br><span style="font-size:14.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;;  mso-fareast-font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;mso-bidi-font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;  mso-ansi-:EN-US;mso-fareast-:EN-US;mso-bidi-:AR-SA">GreekChili <br></span><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;;mso-fareast-font-family:  &quot;Times New Roman&quot;;mso-bidi-font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;mso-ansi-:  EN-US;mso-fareast-:EN-US;mso-bidi-:AR-SA">This recipe was givento me by Chef Carl Terry about 40 years ago<br>Vivian Moon<br>727-1942<br><br>In a large heavy pot over medium heat add the following:<br>1 tablespoon oil <br>2 large onions finely chopped<br>¼ cup chili powder…<span style="color:red">1 tablespoon if kiddies are eating<br></span>1 tablespoon paprika<br>1 teaspoon ground cinnamon<br>1 teaspoon garlic powder<br>1 tablespoon ground cumin<br>¼ teaspoon ground allspice<br>¼ teaspoon ground cloves<br>¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper<br>Cook about 5 minutes until you can smell the spices and onions are soft<br><br>Add<br>2 lbs of ground beef…double grind<br>Cook slowly until meat is not pink but not browned breaking up the meat to afine mixture. You can use a potato masher if needed. <br>Cook about 10 to 15 minutes<br>Add:<br>1 15 oz can tomato sauce<br>1 1/2 to 2 cups of good beef broth<br>1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar<br>1 oz square unsweetened chocolate<br>2 bay leaves<br>1 can pinto chili beans** <br>1 tablespoon molasses or 1 heaping tablespoon dark brown sugar<br>Salt and pepper to taste<br>Simmer for about two hours then remove bay leaves. <br><br>Serve over spaghetti with grated cheddar cheese, onions and oyster crackers orover hot dogs.<br><br><!--if !supLineBreakNewLine--><br><!----></span>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 21 Jan 2015 13:40:45 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5916&amp;PID=44549&amp;title=liberty-restaurant#44549</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>LIBERTY RESTAURANT : Liberty had the best hotdogs and...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5916&amp;PID=44425&amp;title=liberty-restaurant#44425</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1522">buckeye43719</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 5916<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Jan&nbsp;06&nbsp;2015 at 6:04pm<br /><br />Liberty had the best hotdogs and chili back in the 50's and 60's. I used to love to eat breakfast there. I always got there ham and cheese omelet and home fries. They had a great cook. Bill Donham was in the restaurant many times I ate there. <br>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 06 Jan 2015 18:04:40 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5916&amp;PID=44425&amp;title=liberty-restaurant#44425</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>LIBERTY RESTAURANT : I don&amp;#039;t remember the Breaded...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5916&amp;PID=44243&amp;title=liberty-restaurant#44243</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=504">foxpoint</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 5916<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;19&nbsp;2014 at 8:50pm<br /><br />I don't remember the Breaded Tenderloin Sandwiches, but I sure remember the wonderful hotdogs you could get as your entered the store on the left side at the front door.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 19 Dec 2014 20:50:30 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5916&amp;PID=44243&amp;title=liberty-restaurant#44243</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>LIBERTY RESTAURANT : Downtown Middletown sure had a...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5916&amp;PID=44242&amp;title=liberty-restaurant#44242</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=504">foxpoint</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 5916<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;19&nbsp;2014 at 8:47pm<br /><br />Downtown Middletown sure had a lot of wonderful places to eat in the 50's.  ]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 19 Dec 2014 20:47:57 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5916&amp;PID=44242&amp;title=liberty-restaurant#44242</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>LIBERTY RESTAURANT : Does anyone have an idea on the...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5916&amp;PID=44199&amp;title=liberty-restaurant#44199</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 5916<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;17&nbsp;2014 at 11:05am<br /><br /><p ="Ms&#111;normal"><b><i><span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:blue">&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;</span></i></b><span style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Arial; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Does anyone have an idea onthe recipe for the cinnamon bread role that the Hotel used to serve years ago,or did they buy the item?</span><br><b><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Foxpoint, that wonderful </span></b><b><span style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Arial;">cinnamon bread roll was made in house and I don’t have aclue who may have that recipe. I do hope that the new owner will bring back someof the old recipes that we all loved so well.<br></span></b><span style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Arial;"><br><span style=":#FBFBFD">Does anyone havethe recipe for licorice ice cream that <st1:street w:st="&#111;n"><st1:address w:st="&#111;n">Park Street</st1:address></st1:street> ice cream used to make?<br></span></span><b><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial; : rgb251, 251, 253;">OMG! I do hope you getan answer to this question. <st1:street w:st="&#111;n"><st1:address w:st="&#111;n">Park  Street</st1:address></st1:street> Ice Cream was the best.!<br><br>I’m getting ready to bake the 50 year old recipe that I found last month in theattic for Greek Walnut Pie. After reading the recipe I think I may have to adda warning at the bottom that states you must wear pants with an elastic waistbefore you sit down to eat this pie.<br><br>QUESTION: Was it Weber’s that sold those wonderful big Breaded TenderloinSandwiches?<br><br><br><!--if !supLineBreakNewLine--><br><!----></span></b><b><i><span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:  Arial;color:blue"><o:p></o:p></span></i></b></p>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 17 Dec 2014 11:05:19 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5916&amp;PID=44199&amp;title=liberty-restaurant#44199</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>LIBERTY RESTAURANT : Thanks for the raisin pie recipe....</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5916&amp;PID=44193&amp;title=liberty-restaurant#44193</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=504">foxpoint</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 5916<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;16&nbsp;2014 at 10:23pm<br /><br />Thanks for the raisin pie recipe.  The Liberty was a great place back in the 40's and 50's.<br /> <br />Does anyone have a idea on the recipe for the cinnamon bread role that the Hotel used to serve years ago, or did they buy the item?<br /><br />Does anyone have the recipe for licorice ice cream that Park Street ice cream used to make?<br /><br />Thanks<br />]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 16 Dec 2014 22:23:22 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5916&amp;PID=44193&amp;title=liberty-restaurant#44193</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>LIBERTY RESTAURANT : ** vcm comment: I seem to remember...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5916&amp;PID=44185&amp;title=liberty-restaurant#44185</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 5916<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;13&nbsp;2014 at 6:21pm<br /><br /><h4 style="-: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;"><i><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:red">** vcm comment: I seem toremember this pie having a little more spice flavor so the next time I bakethis pie I’m going to add a ¼ teaspoon of allspice to see if this may be themissing ingredient.</span></i><i><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><br></span></i><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><br></span><span style="font-family: Arial;"><font size="3">Granny’s Old-Fashioned Raisin Pie<br></font><br><span style="font-size: 10pt;">INGREDIENTS<o:p></o:p></span></span></h4><h4 style="-: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;">2 cups raisins<span ="apple-c&#111;nverted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial">&nbsp;<span style="color:red">vcm:increase to 2 1/2 cups raisins</span><br>2 cups water or <span style="color:red">vcm: 1 ½ cup of water and ½ cupof dark rum as per granny<br></span>1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar<br>2 tablespoons cornstarch<span ="apple-c&#111;nverted-space">&nbsp;</span>&nbsp;<span style="color:red">vcm: increase to 3 tablespoons cornstarch<br></span>1/2 teaspoon cinnamon<br>1/4 teaspoon salt<br>1 tablespoon vinegar <span style="color:red">vcm: apple cider vinegar<br></span>1 tablespoon butter&nbsp;<br>1 double unbaked pie crust&nbsp; <span style="color:red">vcm: 9 inch pie pan<br></span><br></span><strong><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial; -: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;">DIRECTIONS:</span></strong><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;font-weight:normal;mso-bidi-font-weight:  bold"><o:p></o:p></span></h4><p ="Ms&#111;normal" style="-: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;"><strong><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;">Combine&nbsp;raisins and water and boilfor 5 minutes.&nbsp;</span></strong><b><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;"><br></span></b><strong><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:red">vcmI poured the boiling water and rum mixture over the raisins in a covered dishand let the raisins soak up this wonderful boozie mixture for several hoursthen reheated and continued to next step.</span></strong><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:red"><br></span><strong><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;">Blend&nbsp;sugar,cornstarch, cinnamon and salt.</span></strong><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;"><br><strong>Add&nbsp;to raisin liquid and cook,stirring until clear.</strong><br><strong>Remove&nbsp;from heat.</strong><br><strong>Stir&nbsp;in vinegar and butter. Coolslightly. Turn into pastry-lined pan.</strong><br><strong>Cover&nbsp;with top pastry cut severalvents in top.</strong></span><span ="apple-c&#111;nverted-space"><b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:red">&nbsp;</span></b></span><strong><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:red">vcm: brush with egg wash</span></strong><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;"><br><strong>Bake&nbsp;at 425 F about 30 minutes oruntil crust is golden brown.</strong><o:p></o:p></span></p><p ="Ms&#111;normal" style="-: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;"><strong><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;">Makes 1 pie (8 servings).&nbsp;<br></span></strong><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;"><br><strong>Vivian Combs Moon<br><st1:city w:st="&#111;n">Middletown</st1:city>, <st1:state w:st="&#111;n"><st1:place w:st="&#111;n">Ohio</st1:place></st1:state></strong><br><strong>12-10-2014</strong><o:p></o:p></span></p><p ="Ms&#111;normal"><b><br><br><!--if !supLineBreakNewLine--><br><!----><o:p></o:p></b></p>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 13 Dec 2014 18:21:38 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5916&amp;PID=44185&amp;title=liberty-restaurant#44185</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>LIBERTY RESTAURANT : Many years ago the Liberty Restaurant...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5916&amp;PID=44175&amp;title=liberty-restaurant#44175</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 5916<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Dec&nbsp;11&nbsp;2014 at 8:16am<br /><br /><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial;  mso-fareast-font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;mso-ansi-:EN-US;mso-fareast-:  EN-US;mso-bidi-:AR-SA">Many years ago the Liberty Restaurant was knownfor its chili and hot dogs and they were also known for their wonderful RaisinPies.<br>Last month I went to my attic and found this old hand written recipe forRaisin Pie and wondered if this was the same Raisin Pie that I had enjoyed as achild. <br>So I called my Greek friend George Christy, his uncle owned the <st1:city w:st="&#111;n"><st1:place w:st="&#111;n">Liberty</st1:place></st1:city> and he agreedthat this may be the old recipe for Raisin Pie that we loved as children.<br>Well needless to say I just had to bake this pie and it was wonderful!<br><br>Do any of you remember eating Raisin Pie or do you have a family recipe for this pie that you would be willing to share with me?<br><br>Thanks for your help....Merrry Ho! Ho!</span>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 11 Dec 2014 08:16:24 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5916&amp;PID=44175&amp;title=liberty-restaurant#44175</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>