<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : AGENDA 2-16-2016</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : City Council : AGENDA 2-16-2016</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 05:48:15 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Sat, 20 Feb 2016 09:19:03 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=6270</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>AGENDA 2-16-2016 : I have been giving some thought...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6270&amp;PID=46759&amp;title=agenda-2162016#46759</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6270<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;20&nbsp;2016 at 9:19am<br /><br /><p ="Ms&#111;normal"><span style="font-family:&quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;;mso-bidi-font-family:  Arial">I have been giving some thought to the articles written by Mr. Adkinsand the recent transfer of property to Mr. Robinette.<br><br>How about a big Auction on June 1st in the lobby of City Hall to sell any andall city owned property in the downtown area with a starting bid of $1 to starta new business within 1 year. This would stop the cherry picking deals we haveseen in the past.<o:p></o:p></span></p>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 20 Feb 2016 09:19:03 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6270&amp;PID=46759&amp;title=agenda-2162016#46759</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AGENDA 2-16-2016 : CooperYou can watch the Middletown...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6270&amp;PID=46754&amp;title=agenda-2162016#46754</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6270<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;19&nbsp;2016 at 3:09pm<br /><br />Cooper<br>You can watch the <span style="line-height: 1.4;">Middletown Council Meeting at:: https://www.youtube.com/user/cityofmiddletown</span><div><span style="line-height: 1.4;"><br></span></div><div><span style="line-height: 1.4;"><br></span></div>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 19 Feb 2016 15:09:36 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6270&amp;PID=46754&amp;title=agenda-2162016#46754</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AGENDA 2-16-2016 : This was the outcome before, that...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6270&amp;PID=46751&amp;title=agenda-2162016#46751</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1559">Cooper</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6270<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;19&nbsp;2016 at 12:56pm<br /><br />This was the outcome before, that being the city decided to go out for bids with a response in thirty days on the Bank One building with the added publicity and attention.&nbsp;]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 19 Feb 2016 12:56:06 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6270&amp;PID=46751&amp;title=agenda-2162016#46751</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AGENDA 2-16-2016 : Yep!...Citizens need to contact...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6270&amp;PID=46750&amp;title=agenda-2162016#46750</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6270<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;19&nbsp;2016 at 12:37pm<br /><br />Yep!...Citizens need to contact Les Landen or the City Manager Adkins...I'm sure they can answer these questions.<br>As granny said "If it looks like a snake and hisses like a snake...IT'S A SNAKE!"]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 19 Feb 2016 12:37:18 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6270&amp;PID=46750&amp;title=agenda-2162016#46750</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AGENDA 2-16-2016 : I&amp;#039;m sorry, maybe I am wrong....</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6270&amp;PID=46749&amp;title=agenda-2162016#46749</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1559">Cooper</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6270<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;19&nbsp;2016 at 12:14pm<br /><br />I'm sorry, maybe I am wrong. But, doesn't the state statute state any public property that has value over $5,000 has to go out to bid? If a city had the right to spend a million dollars and give it to whoever they wanted, for a dollar, without bidding----isn't that rather corrupt? I believe the state statute requires a bid doesn't it.&nbsp;]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 19 Feb 2016 12:14:47 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6270&amp;PID=46749&amp;title=agenda-2162016#46749</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AGENDA 2-16-2016 : CooperThe $250,000+ is the amount...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6270&amp;PID=46748&amp;title=agenda-2162016#46748</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6270<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;19&nbsp;2016 at 12:07pm<br /><br />Cooper<br>The $250,000+ is the amount of tax dollars that have been used for this property just to break even...not the appraised value.<br>I wish I could answer your question. Citizens need to ask the city manager and city council members to answer that million dollar question.<br>City Hall can spin and tell the citizens what ever they want...but the numbers tell the truth.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 19 Feb 2016 12:07:32 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6270&amp;PID=46748&amp;title=agenda-2162016#46748</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AGENDA 2-16-2016 : Ms. Moon, this property has a...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6270&amp;PID=46745&amp;title=agenda-2162016#46745</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1559">Cooper</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6270<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;19&nbsp;2016 at 10:20am<br /><br />Ms. Moon, this property has a tax value of over $200,000. May I ask why this is not being bid upon? And then to not be bid and given for $1. The citizens have really been zoned out for years in Middletown. If this was in any surrounding &nbsp;city, at least half the residents would be upset and calling the city manager and law director demanding their taxes would be recouped at the maximum level. &nbsp;]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 19 Feb 2016 10:20:37 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6270&amp;PID=46745&amp;title=agenda-2162016#46745</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AGENDA 2-16-2016 : Middletownscouter,I will agree...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6270&amp;PID=46744&amp;title=agenda-2162016#46744</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6270<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;19&nbsp;2016 at 9:40am<br /><br />Middletownscouter,<br>I will agree that this is the best written contract I have seen cocerning the transfer of city property...however I believe this was from the strong input of our two new council members...not Mr. Adkins.&nbsp;<br>The other contracts were an absolute joke.&nbsp;<div>Still not the legal way to dispose of city owned property..must be appraised...and placed up for bid.&nbsp;</div>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 19 Feb 2016 09:40:38 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6270&amp;PID=46744&amp;title=agenda-2162016#46744</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AGENDA 2-16-2016 : How unfortunate that that previous...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6270&amp;PID=46741&amp;title=agenda-2162016#46741</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1671">Analytical</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6270<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;19&nbsp;2016 at 9:29am<br /><br /><div>How unfortunate that that previous city real estate contracts lacked even the most basic&nbsp;language regarding redeveloper/developer project performance provisions.&nbsp; This is&nbsp;a basic element and prerequisite of such transactions.</div><div><br></div><div>Do these top level city folks&nbsp;really know what they are doing?&nbsp; After all, since the city chooses to be involved in the real estate business, maybe they do need professional real estate consulting or staffing assistance!&nbsp; </div>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 19 Feb 2016 09:29:14 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6270&amp;PID=46741&amp;title=agenda-2162016#46741</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AGENDA 2-16-2016 : I attended the meeting on Tuesday...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6270&amp;PID=46739&amp;title=agenda-2162016#46739</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=695">middletownscouter</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6270<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;19&nbsp;2016 at 9:15am<br /><br />I attended the meeting on Tuesday and during the discussion of this item Mr. Adkins did mention that they were carrying forward lessons learned from previous contracts in that there would be hard deadlines in which the business has to be open or else the property would revert to the city.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 19 Feb 2016 09:15:22 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6270&amp;PID=46739&amp;title=agenda-2162016#46739</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>