<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : AGENDA 10-18-2016</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : City Council : AGENDA 10-18-2016</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 04:14:26 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Thu, 20 Oct 2016 18:59:29 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=6383</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>AGENDA 10-18-2016 : Well it does make you wonder why...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6383&amp;PID=47459&amp;title=agenda-10182016#47459</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1299">over the hill</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6383<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;20&nbsp;2016 at 6:59pm<br /><br />Well it does make you wonder why HUD did the investigation and why they were told to move the vouchers to Butler and Warren county or face prosecution. It was all spelled out in the  memorandum  of understanding  and voluntary compliance that stated the  noncompliance and charges they could face if they did not comply. ]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 20 Oct 2016 18:59:29 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6383&amp;PID=47459&amp;title=agenda-10182016#47459</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AGENDA 10-18-2016 : Mr.A, I like you, trust you and...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6383&amp;PID=47458&amp;title=agenda-10182016#47458</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6383<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;20&nbsp;2016 at 4:53pm<br /><br />Mr.A, I like you, trust you and want to believe in your direction.<div>However--I thought that you took a very cheap shot at Ms.Moon in front of Council, the audience, the camera and the internet world(not unlike council members, past council members, admin staff and the internet sniper trolls like middiemom)</div><div><br></div><div>I know Ms.Moon and have read years of her posts and info along with many conversations. I find her honest, informative &nbsp;and truly caring about this community. I trust her findings far more than I trust what I have been fed for years by Concils and admin staffers. Former staffers and their comments/statements have been very misleading and basically incorrect/borderline(?) dishonest over the last few decades. Donham has largely created the predicament of bureaucratic distrust--not the musa posters.</div><div><br></div><div>Reminds me of Obama's backhand way of twisting facts to take a vicious shot at those not in his favor.</div><div><br></div><div>Youcan do much better, my friend&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>jmo</div>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 20 Oct 2016 16:53:11 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6383&amp;PID=47458&amp;title=agenda-10182016#47458</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AGENDA 10-18-2016 : &amp;#034;There are no lawsuits before...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6383&amp;PID=47456&amp;title=agenda-10182016#47456</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6383<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;20&nbsp;2016 at 10:47am<br /><br /><span style="line-height: 16.8px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">"</span><span style="line-height: 16.8px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">There are no lawsuits before the court regarding MPHA."<br><br>Mr. Adkins I believe the MPHA case before the Federal Appeals Court is still pending.</span><div><span style="line-height: 16.8px; : rgb251, 251, 253;"><br>Then we have the lawsuit against the City by Jeff Faulkner that still has not been settled.&nbsp;<br><br><br></span></div>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 20 Oct 2016 10:47:56 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6383&amp;PID=47456&amp;title=agenda-10182016#47456</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AGENDA 10-18-2016 :   Middletonians should be ever...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6383&amp;PID=47455&amp;title=agenda-10182016#47455</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1671">Analytical</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6383<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;20&nbsp;2016 at 10:45am<br /><br /><div>Middletonians should be ever grateful for having a governmental watchdog such as Vivian Moon.&nbsp; She seeks only good, open, honest and cost-effective governance, not personal monetary gain&nbsp;or enhanced prominence.&nbsp; She is her own person. She is not on a quest for power and is thorough in her research of issues/problems&nbsp;.</div><div><br></div><div>The money-shuffling associated with the Ohio Moving Forward devastation of portions of Ward 2 says so much.&nbsp; It will take many years for the remaining housing stock and its'&nbsp;moderate-income population to see any appreciable improvement.</div><div><br></div><div>Vivian Moon also has voiced&nbsp;concerns after researching&nbsp;wasteful HUD spending policies for&nbsp;downtown re-vi-tal-za-tion boondoggles.&nbsp; I remember two plus years ago&nbsp;when&nbsp;she aptly forecasted that this mess would be obliquely attributed mostly&nbsp;to&nbsp;Judy Gilleland.</div><div><br></div><div>Vivian Moon is an asset to the people of&nbsp;Middletown.</div>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 20 Oct 2016 10:45:12 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6383&amp;PID=47455&amp;title=agenda-10182016#47455</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AGENDA 10-18-2016 : swohio75 -I know just enough about...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6383&amp;PID=47454&amp;title=agenda-10182016#47454</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1700">Douglas Adkins</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6383<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;20&nbsp;2016 at 8:13am<br /><br />swohio75 -<br /><br />I know just enough about this to be dangerous.  I have seen two different sets of drawings regarding the airport and the Smith Park area.  One had them clearly separated and one had Smith Park carved out as part of the airport property. <br /><br />When I was up in Detroit visiting the FAA about a year ago, they raised this discrepancy and said at some point, we all needed to determine what was legally correct and clean up the process.<br /><br />As we are in the early stages of updating our Airport Layout Plan with FAA, this issue should get more attention next year some time.<br /><br />I don't know if there is a problem or not at this point.  We'll keep the public informed as we learn more. ]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 20 Oct 2016 08:13:26 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6383&amp;PID=47454&amp;title=agenda-10182016#47454</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AGENDA 10-18-2016 : There are no lawsuits before the...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6383&amp;PID=47453&amp;title=agenda-10182016#47453</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1700">Douglas Adkins</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6383<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;20&nbsp;2016 at 8:05am<br /><br />There are no lawsuits before the court regarding MPHA. <br /><br />Being a watchdog is one thing.  Stating false facts is another.  When we saw that Moving Ohio Forward could not use HUD funds as a match, I looked for ways to get things done within the regulations of both programs.  We were going to buy a fire engine that year with General Fund money.  HUD funds may be used to purchase public safety equipment.<br /><br />I called HUD and asked if I could buy the fire engine under the appropriate regulation and then told them that my intent was to free up general fund money for the match for Moving Ohio Forward.  HUD said they were only responsible for the use of HUD funds and that as long as the HUD funds purchased the fire engine, which was a legal purchase, they considered the matter closed.<br /><br />I then called Moving Ohio Forward and told them I was buying a fire engine with HUD funds to free up General Fund money to meet the match requirement for their grant.  I asked if they had any concerns about that.  They said as long as the match comes out of a non-HUD account, they weren't concerned with how the money got into the proper account.<br /><br />We bought the fire engine with HUD funds, used the GF fire engine money as the match for Moving Ohio Forward and got on with life.  Both programs have been audited and were found to be in compliance with the regulations and grant requirements.<br /><br />I don't hide the ball.  I tell you what I'm going to do up front.  I told them what I was doing up front.  Our budgets are online.  Our quarterly reports are online.  Our checkbook is online.<br /><br />Ask yourself this question... do you think I would knowingly put the salary I am making and my law license in jeopardy by doing illegal, unethical or financially inappropriate things?  What is the upside for me doing that?  That is simply not going to happen.<br /><br />If you don't like the policy or decision, that is a legitimate discussion.  Intelligent people often disagree about a correct course of action.  That's completely different from being illegal, unethical or financially inappropriate.<br /><br />]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 20 Oct 2016 08:05:52 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6383&amp;PID=47453&amp;title=agenda-10182016#47453</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AGENDA 10-18-2016 : I have just finished watching...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6383&amp;PID=47452&amp;title=agenda-10182016#47452</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6383<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;20&nbsp;2016 at 7:04am<br /><br /><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;  mso-fareast-font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;mso-ansi-:EN-US;mso-fareast-:  EN-US;mso-bidi-:AR-SA">I have just finished watching this week’scouncil meeting and was surprised that Mr. Adkins spoke out so strongly tocouncil members about my comment about using Enterprise Funds to purchase theproperty on <st1:street w:st="&#111;n"><st1:address w:st="&#111;n">Hook Drive</st1:address></st1:street>.He stated that this is the same method that they use to acquire right-of-way. Yep,and that is why I ask the question about using these funds to purchase property.I do not remember City Hall ever using Enterprise Funds before to purchaseproperty using this method.<br><br>Then Mr. Adkins went on to say that this was the same person &#091;that be me&#093; thatcalled HUD on several occasions to make complaints against the city. However heimplied that these were petty complaints without merit. Yes, I have contacted HUDon several occasions concerning the Section 8 Program and local landlords. Thecomplaints must have had some merit because HUD moved the program to <st1:place w:st="&#111;n"><st1:placename w:st="&#111;n">Butler</st1:placename> <st1:place w:st="&#111;n">County</st1:place></st1:place>.The lawsuits concerning these complaints are still before the courts. <br><br>The last time I called HUD concerned the Ohio Moving Forward Grant. In thecouncil workbook Mr. Adkins was going to submit legislation the next day tocouncil members using HUD Funds as matching money for the Ohio Moving ForwardGrant.<br>This was an illegal transaction. HUD notified the city and the legislation wasremoved from the agenda that week and later rewritten using a differentmatching funding source.<br><br><!--if !supLineBreakNewLine--><br><!----></span>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 20 Oct 2016 07:04:00 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6383&amp;PID=47452&amp;title=agenda-10182016#47452</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AGENDA 10-18-2016 : Doug I am more curious about the...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6383&amp;PID=47450&amp;title=agenda-10182016#47450</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=128">swohio75</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6383<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;18&nbsp;2016 at 1:43pm<br /><br />Doug I am more curious about the detail provide in the staff report on the Faulkner property which references a long term strategic plan for the airport to expand into Smith Park.<div><br></div><div>Does that mean the <u>potential loss</u> of public park land in the future?</div><div><br></div>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 18 Oct 2016 13:43:09 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6383&amp;PID=47450&amp;title=agenda-10182016#47450</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AGENDA 10-18-2016 :   It seems so veryconvenientto...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6383&amp;PID=47449&amp;title=agenda-10182016#47449</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1671">Analytical</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6383<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;18&nbsp;2016 at 12:29pm<br /><br />It seems so very&nbsp;convenient&nbsp;to blame everything on Judy G. now!&nbsp; Of course, the former Community Revitalization Director had little input regarding&nbsp;the numerous boondoggles going back 7.5 years?&nbsp; Go figure!]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 18 Oct 2016 12:29:04 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6383&amp;PID=47449&amp;title=agenda-10182016#47449</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>AGENDA 10-18-2016 : Mr. AdkinsPlease provide several...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6383&amp;PID=47448&amp;title=agenda-10182016#47448</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6383<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Oct&nbsp;18&nbsp;2016 at 11:29am<br /><br />Mr. Adkins<br>Please provide several examples where Enterprise Funds have been used to purchase property in recent years.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 18 Oct 2016 11:29:27 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6383&amp;PID=47448&amp;title=agenda-10182016#47448</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>