<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : Arsenic</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : City Manager : Arsenic</description>
  <pubDate>Mon, 05 Oct 2026 23:39:37 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Sat, 19 Aug 2017 12:26:07 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=6421</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>Arsenic : Looked over our most recent consumer...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6421&amp;PID=48724&amp;title=arsenic#48724</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1715">MattR</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6421<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Aug&nbsp;19&nbsp;2017 at 12:26pm<br /><br />Looked over our most recent consumer confidence report; many errors and omissions. &nbsp;Confidence?]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 19 Aug 2017 12:26:07 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6421&amp;PID=48724&amp;title=arsenic#48724</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Arsenic : MattR, I find this sentence to...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6421&amp;PID=47883&amp;title=arsenic#47883</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=213">Paul Nagy</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6421<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;18&nbsp;2017 at 3:44pm<br /><br />MattR,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I find this sentence to be a classic:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; "Bottom line, as was made clear to me in the meeting I attended where I was fired, "the illusion of competence is more important than competence."<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In 2007 and 2008 they said the same thing when they would constantly say, "Perception is Reality." My reply to that was that any magician or illusionist would love for everyonein their audience to believe that and any con man would do anything to have his victims believe it.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Politicians, lawyers and others who speak like that are parading their lack of integrity.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks for your posts.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; pn<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 18 Feb 2017 15:44:10 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6421&amp;PID=47883&amp;title=arsenic#47883</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Arsenic : Everything I&amp;#039;ve said is easily...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6421&amp;PID=47882&amp;title=arsenic#47882</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1715">MattR</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6421<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;18&nbsp;2017 at 3:41pm<br /><br />Everything I've said is easily documented. &nbsp;They count on ignorance and fear. &nbsp;Doing their jobs would be much easier than chasing down truth tellers.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 18 Feb 2017 15:41:30 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6421&amp;PID=47882&amp;title=arsenic#47882</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Arsenic : Bottom line, as was made clear...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6421&amp;PID=47879&amp;title=arsenic#47879</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1715">MattR</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6421<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;18&nbsp;2017 at 1:31pm<br /><br />Bottom line, as was made clear to me in the meeting I attended where I was fired, the illusion of competence is more important than competence. &nbsp;Do yourselves a favor, use a high quality filter or bottled water.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sat, 18 Feb 2017 13:31:51 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6421&amp;PID=47879&amp;title=arsenic#47879</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Arsenic : The managers response to my question...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6421&amp;PID=47878&amp;title=arsenic#47878</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1715">MattR</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6421<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;17&nbsp;2017 at 10:36am<br /><br />The managers response to my question was filled with inaccuracies and structured to allow the reader to draw false conclusions. &nbsp;This is similar to what has been done regarding the Aeronca plume. &nbsp;The city took complete responsibility for the clean-up years ago. &nbsp;Now, contrary to public impressions of the project being under control, the plume has crossed the hydraulic canal and the carcinogens are infiltrating the soil of the adjoining neighborhood. &nbsp;]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 17 Feb 2017 10:36:21 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6421&amp;PID=47878&amp;title=arsenic#47878</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Arsenic : SpiderWe have known for years...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6421&amp;PID=47877&amp;title=arsenic#47877</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=115">Vivian Moon</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6421<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;17&nbsp;2017 at 9:58am<br /><br />Spider<br>We have known for years that the&nbsp;<span style="line-height: 16.8px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Aeronca site is a real threat to the wellhead area.<br>How many times times did Gary Barge go before City Council over the years requesting testing and clean up of the Hydraulic Canal because of Aeronca water being piped into the canal.<br>City Hall stated that they did not have the money for testing or clean up...however...later City Hall removed $600,000 from the Wellhead Protection Fund for the demo of the Orman building.</span><div><span style="line-height: 16.8px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Just another can kicked down the road to be solved at a later date...<br><br></span></div>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Fri, 17 Feb 2017 09:58:35 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6421&amp;PID=47877&amp;title=arsenic#47877</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Arsenic : We need to figure out what is...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6421&amp;PID=47876&amp;title=arsenic#47876</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1715">MattR</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6421<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;16&nbsp;2017 at 7:00pm<br /><br />We need to figure out what is happening in our wellfield; why is the arsenic level increasing in our wells? &nbsp;This means collecting more data and also taking active steps to ensure water quality. &nbsp;Getting ahead of these things is always the way to go rather than taking a passive role and waiting for the EPA to take you by the hand, or even force your hand. &nbsp;Frankly, I'm not ashamed that I was fired refusing to comply with what I was being asked to do.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 16 Feb 2017 19:00:39 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6421&amp;PID=47876&amp;title=arsenic#47876</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Arsenic : InterestingMattR--please explain...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6421&amp;PID=47875&amp;title=arsenic#47875</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6421<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;16&nbsp;2017 at 6:48pm<br /><br />Interesting<br />MattR--please explain how this is something that we can remedy and/or control.<br />Water supplies everywhere are a vital concern]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 16 Feb 2017 18:48:49 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6421&amp;PID=47875&amp;title=arsenic#47875</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Arsenic :   Thanks for your enlightening...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6421&amp;PID=47874&amp;title=arsenic#47874</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1671">Analytical</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6421<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;16&nbsp;2017 at 6:24pm<br /><br />Thanks for your enlightening comments, Matt.&nbsp; Stand tall and continue sharing the facts.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 16 Feb 2017 18:24:12 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6421&amp;PID=47874&amp;title=arsenic#47874</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Arsenic : In addition Mr. Manager, I&amp;#039;m...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6421&amp;PID=47873&amp;title=arsenic#47873</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1715">MattR</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6421<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Feb&nbsp;16&nbsp;2017 at 5:36pm<br /><br />In addition Mr. Manager, I'm sure that your staff informed you that you are using split treatment at your water plant. &nbsp;I will presume to explain to you that this means 20-50% of the raw water entering the plant is not treated with lime. &nbsp;And of course even if you did abandon split treatment, you would have to demonstrate the effectiveness of your plant in removing arsenic and do enhanced testing to ensure water quality.<div><br></div>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 16 Feb 2017 17:36:19 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6421&amp;PID=47873&amp;title=arsenic#47873</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>