<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : Spiderjohn: Appreciate Duncan Oil Deal Comments</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : City Council : Spiderjohn: Appreciate Duncan Oil Deal Comments</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 02:02:48 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Tue, 08 May 2018 10:14:53 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=6752</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>Spiderjohn: Appreciate Duncan Oil Deal Comments : Blinders? Hardly, and wouldn&amp;#039;t...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6752&amp;PID=50101&amp;title=spiderjohn-appreciate-duncan-oil-deal-comments#50101</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6752<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;08&nbsp;2018 at 10:14am<br /><br />Blinders? Hardly, and wouldn't expect my thinking to matter to you.<br />Fight your fight--no matter my way either, though wondering what it is that you can possibly "win" and what would be the cost.<br /><br />Thank you again for the info provided here--keep it coming!<br /><br />No disrespect, Nelson--just trying to move forward somehow]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 08 May 2018 10:14:53 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6752&amp;PID=50101&amp;title=spiderjohn-appreciate-duncan-oil-deal-comments#50101</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Spiderjohn: Appreciate Duncan Oil Deal Comments : No. I will fight my fight. Wear...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6752&amp;PID=50100&amp;title=spiderjohn-appreciate-duncan-oil-deal-comments#50100</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1715">MattR</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6752<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;07&nbsp;2018 at 3:54pm<br /><br />No.&nbsp; I will fight my fight.&nbsp; Wear your blinders, it doesn't matter to me.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 07 May 2018 15:54:45 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6752&amp;PID=50100&amp;title=spiderjohn-appreciate-duncan-oil-deal-comments#50100</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Spiderjohn: Appreciate Duncan Oil Deal Comments : Fair enough Spiderjohn. I&amp;#039;ll...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6752&amp;PID=50099&amp;title=spiderjohn-appreciate-duncan-oil-deal-comments#50099</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1671">Analytical</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6752<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;07&nbsp;2018 at 3:11pm<br /><br /><font size="2">Fair enough Spiderjohn.&nbsp; I'll attempt to muster ample patience in stepping back from commenting about city housing and community development actions good or bad.&nbsp; It'll be a formidable task for me as I spent most of my working life, except for eight years as a home builder, administering HUD-funded programs in various states.</font>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 07 May 2018 15:11:15 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6752&amp;PID=50099&amp;title=spiderjohn-appreciate-duncan-oil-deal-comments#50099</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Spiderjohn: Appreciate Duncan Oil Deal Comments : Matt and Nelson&#226;&#8364;&#8221;I appreciate...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6752&amp;PID=50098&amp;title=spiderjohn-appreciate-duncan-oil-deal-comments#50098</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6752<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;07&nbsp;2018 at 2:56pm<br /><br /> Matt and Nelson—I appreciate the info that both of you provide, and understand your demeanor towards admin if you feel wrongfully treated/removed from employment.<br /><br />However—I don’t live in the 50s and 60s though I grew up here then. I have worked in and owned businesses in every part of town. I pretty much know every street and a lot of families. I have learned a lot from the past—the city’s past and my past. I take it from my experiences and try to focus on what might work going forward, because I don’t see how you can think progressively any other way. I still live here. I still care and like to be involved with people and organizations that I see as making a positive difference. I have never claimed to be any type of role model or influence. Just another local trying to be the best person that I can be going forward.<br /><br />When dealing with mistakes, bad decisions and bad luck, you simply identify what went wrong then do whatever necessary to correct the situation. The blame game needs to be very brief if at all. No one is more bothered by failure than those responsible. Just work together to change things for the better ASAP. I don’t see any other way...]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 07 May 2018 14:56:51 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6752&amp;PID=50098&amp;title=spiderjohn-appreciate-duncan-oil-deal-comments#50098</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Spiderjohn: Appreciate Duncan Oil Deal Comments : And I do try to stay positive;...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6752&amp;PID=50096&amp;title=spiderjohn-appreciate-duncan-oil-deal-comments#50096</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1715">MattR</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6752<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;07&nbsp;2018 at 12:23pm<br /><br />And I do try to stay positive; I found an appropriate use for Middletown water, I installed a bidet.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 07 May 2018 12:23:24 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6752&amp;PID=50096&amp;title=spiderjohn-appreciate-duncan-oil-deal-comments#50096</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Spiderjohn: Appreciate Duncan Oil Deal Comments :  Spiderjohn -Maybe concerned...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6752&amp;PID=50095&amp;title=spiderjohn-appreciate-duncan-oil-deal-comments#50095</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1671">Analytical</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6752<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;07&nbsp;2018 at 10:18am<br /><br /><font size="2"><b>Spiderjohn -</b></font><div><font size="2"><br></font></div><div><font size="2">Maybe concerned city taxpayers need to read and re-read Eddie Richter's occasional "feel good" community development newspaper articles more often?</font></div><div><font size="2"><br></font></div><div><font size="2"><b>Matt R -</b></font></div><div><font size="2"><br></font></div><div><font size="2">I continue to wish you well in your personal pursuit of fairness and good government.&nbsp; Your recent observations about some questionable city actions over the past 18 months are appreciated.</font></div>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 07 May 2018 10:18:53 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6752&amp;PID=50095&amp;title=spiderjohn-appreciate-duncan-oil-deal-comments#50095</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Spiderjohn: Appreciate Duncan Oil Deal Comments : Forget the past has moved from...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6752&amp;PID=50094&amp;title=spiderjohn-appreciate-duncan-oil-deal-comments#50094</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1715">MattR</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6752<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;07&nbsp;2018 at 9:08am<br /><br />Forget the past has moved from forgetting the Middletown of the 50's and 60's to forgetting what happened last week.&nbsp; When moving forward requires blinders, rose colored glasses and a clothes pin for your nose it does not bode well.]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 07 May 2018 09:08:42 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6752&amp;PID=50094&amp;title=spiderjohn-appreciate-duncan-oil-deal-comments#50094</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Spiderjohn: Appreciate Duncan Oil Deal Comments : Still we need to suck it up and...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6752&amp;PID=50093&amp;title=spiderjohn-appreciate-duncan-oil-deal-comments#50093</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6752<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;07&nbsp;2018 at 8:51am<br /><br />Still we need to suck it up and move on. Constantly beating up everyone over the past gets depressing after it has been repeated to the nth degree. The theater issue looks like deja vu all over again though. I'm sure the best is yet to come--could be a messy problematic demo--leading to??<br /><br />Maybe this site could be rejuvenated by accenting the positives and possible solutions?]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 07 May 2018 08:51:27 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6752&amp;PID=50093&amp;title=spiderjohn-appreciate-duncan-oil-deal-comments#50093</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Spiderjohn: Appreciate Duncan Oil Deal Comments :  Spiderjohn -As you&amp;#039;ve often...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6752&amp;PID=50092&amp;title=spiderjohn-appreciate-duncan-oil-deal-comments#50092</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1671">Analytical</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6752<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;07&nbsp;2018 at 7:58am<br /><br /><t></t><table ="tableborder"="" align="center" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" style="width: 978.182px; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; table-layout: fixed;"><t><tr ="msgoddtablerow"="" style="height: 200px; min-height: 200px;"><td valign="top" ="msglinedevider"=""><div ="msg"="" style="border: 0px; width: 824.006px;"><font size="2"><b>Spiderjohn -</b></font></div><div ="msg"="" style="border: 0px; width: 824.006px;"><font size="2"><b><br></b></font></div><div ="msg"="" style="border: 0px; width: 824.006px;"><div style="border: 0px;"><span style="font-size: small;">As you've often stated over the past couple of years, it would be nice to put the past to bed.&nbsp; Unfortunately,</span></div><div style="border: 0px;"><span style="font-size: small;">when&nbsp;</span><span style="font-size: small;">new issues like the convoluted Strand/Studio Theater demolition&nbsp;continually pop-up, much can be</span></div><div style="border: 0px;"><span style="font-size: small;">learned&nbsp;</span><span style="font-size: small;">about past mistakes.&nbsp; Your commentary on the Duncan Oil deal provides more background than any</span></div><div style="border: 0px;"><span style="font-size: small;">of us&nbsp;</span><span style="font-size: small;">were aware.&nbsp; Thank you for that.</span></div><div style="border: 0px;"><span style="font-size: small;"><br></span></div><div style="border: 0px;"><span style="font-size: small;">In addition&nbsp;to the Strand/Studio fiasco, two other present day questions pertain to the status of the Goetz</span></div><div style="border: 0px;"><span style="font-size: small;">Tower</span><span style="font-size: small;">&nbsp;and former Senior Citizens Center "downtown" deals. What is your take on what delays construction?</span></div><div style="border: 0px;"><span style="font-size: small;"><br></span></div><div style="border: 0px;"><span style="font-size: small;">As VietVet occasionally reminds us, the mistakes of the past sadly seem to continue to the present in the</span></div><div style="border: 0px;"><span style="font-size: small;">city.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span><span style="font-size: small;">With Judy Gilleland retiring several years back, Doug Adkins is in a position of even greater power.&nbsp; His</span></div><div style="border: 0px;"><span style="font-size: small;">philosophical imprint is ever-present when it comes to City of Middletown priorities, policies, programs and</span></div><div style="border: 0px;"><span style="font-size: small;">projects pertaining to debilitating housing and community development deficiencies!.</span></div><div style="border: 0px;"><font size="2"><br></font></div></div></td></tr><tr ="postseparatortablerow"=""></tr></t></table><br>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 07 May 2018 07:58:31 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6752&amp;PID=50092&amp;title=spiderjohn-appreciate-duncan-oil-deal-comments#50092</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>Spiderjohn: Appreciate Duncan Oil Deal Comments : Old news, analytical&#226;&#8364;&#8221;the Duncan...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6752&amp;PID=50090&amp;title=spiderjohn-appreciate-duncan-oil-deal-comments#50090</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6752<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;06&nbsp;2018 at 10:27pm<br /><br />Old news, analytical—the Duncan thing was all hype imo. Duncan Oil was in the business of selling gasoline—not operating retail business. The land deals involved + the negotiating property owners were all drama over-valuations. Duncan didn’t do well on the deal either. Dud properties for big $$<br />Don’t see how they would fit it in on the 1st/Central point, since ingress/egress approximate to active railroad seemed dicey even back at the time<br />Train stop honestly didn’t make sense either imo. Middietown people aren’t leaving town-outsiders had no real reason to make the trip lol<br />As much as I have ragged on the downtown black hole, it seems to be the only area showing any social life upside. Sorg could use your support at least by attending the events. Either people show up or Places disappear. As places disappear., consumers relocate.<br />Where is the next most likely area that could raise the bar  for local quality?<br />It would help if everyone would simply pitch in to make it all better—we all know the issues—now we act on improving <br />]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Sun, 06 May 2018 22:27:18 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6752&amp;PID=50090&amp;title=spiderjohn-appreciate-duncan-oil-deal-comments#50090</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>