<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : What the???</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : City Council : What the???</description>
  <pubDate>Mon, 05 Oct 2026 15:23:57 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Thu, 30 May 2019 08:00:54 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=6955</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>What the??? : One of the proposers for this...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6955&amp;PID=51177&amp;title=what-the#51177</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=114">VietVet</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6955<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;30&nbsp;2019 at 8:00am<br /><br />One of the proposers for this new development is the same person who bought the old library on First Ave. for 5 grand. The Journal write-up told us that the man was going to develop this property and it would take around 4 million to create what he planned to do. I haven't heard where he has taken the first step in property improvement. IMO, only a fool would spend 5 grand for a building and want to plow 4 million into it to bring the plan to fruition. They will never recoup their money, much less make a profit, especially in the downtown area where interest is severely limited. <br /><br />Why would the city buy into a new proposal from this guy without first seeing whether or not he is going to do anything with the library property? He has no proven track record. <br /><br />Is this just another individual who is a carbon copy of Grau and a repeat of the Manchester Hotel promises not kept? Does he have the financial backing to accomplish what he is proposing or is he just another visionary who doesn't have the means to back up his ideas?<br /><br />Seems as if the city has a habit of listening to, and entering into an agreement with faux developers who, in the end, produce absolutely nothing. How many times has this occurred and how many times have we seen no promises kept in the past?<br /><br />Furthermore, the area of town around the old high school includes Girard, Baltimore and streets that have a checkered past as to crime including shootings and drugs. Even if you brought new housing into the area, how long would it remain "new"? How soon would they have it torn to pieces? Realistically, you couldn't attract decent people into that area who would want to live among the violence that occurs from time to time. The whole culture of that area of town would have to change to create a quality neighborhood IMO. Harsh? Maybe. Cruel? Perhaps. Realistic assessment? Yes. It is what it is. ]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Thu, 30 May 2019 08:00:54 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6955&amp;PID=51177&amp;title=what-the#51177</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>What the??? : That&amp;#039;s only the beginning....I...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6955&amp;PID=51176&amp;title=what-the#51176</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=1732">buddhalite</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6955<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;29&nbsp;2019 at 4:42am<br /><br />That's only the beginning....<div><br></div><div>I mean - if we give the land under the old middle school to this developer - why he'll just improve all the surrounding properties 275% by waving a magic wand and building useless housing in which no one wants to live.</div><div><br></div><div>Oh yeah - the journal story on it literally says that the developer is going to destroy a historic neighborhood to create and economic juggernaut!&nbsp; I'm still laughing and I read that hours ago.</div><div><br></div><div>The community center thing - what did I miss on the 30% loans?&nbsp; I will admit I havent paid much attention to that one...</div><div><br></div><div>Who needs courts - just pay your fine like a good little comrade and all will be well - and don't pay late - your social score will be hurt and your fine will double if you're a bad citizen.</div><div><br></div><div>My oh my.</div>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 29 May 2019 04:42:59 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6955&amp;PID=51176&amp;title=what-the#51176</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>What the??? : Where do I begin?First, we seem...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6955&amp;PID=51175&amp;title=what-the#51175</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=101">Mike_Presta</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 6955<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> May&nbsp;29&nbsp;2019 at 3:21am<br /><br /><div>Where do I begin?</div><div><br></div><div>First, we seem to be removing we mere citizens from the jurisdiction of the courts!!!&nbsp; "Ain't that nice!"</div><div><br></div><div>Next, we seem to be subjecting the citizenry to very high interest (30%?) loans for the community center!&nbsp; I wonder who we are borrowing the money from???</div><div><br></div><div>I don't know where to start….</div><div><br></div>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Wed, 29 May 2019 03:21:48 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6955&amp;PID=51175&amp;title=what-the#51175</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>