<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="RSS_xslt_style.asp" version="1.0" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:WebWizForums="http://syndication.webwiz.co.uk/rss_namespace/">
 <channel>
  <title>Middletown Forum : perceptions</title>
  <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  <description>This is an XML content feed of; Middletown Forum : Community Events : perceptions</description>
  <pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 20:43:27 +0000</pubDate>
  <lastBuildDate>Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:16:00 +0000</lastBuildDate>
  <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
  <generator>Web Wiz Forums 10.12</generator>
  <ttl>360</ttl>
  <WebWizForums:feedURL>www.middletownusa.com/forum/RSS_post_feed.asp?TID=717</WebWizForums:feedURL>
  <image>
   <title>Middletown Forum</title>
   <url>http://middletownusa.com/images/blog-logo.jpg</url>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/</link>
  </image>
  <item>
   <title>perceptions : correction: I don&amp;#039;t think...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=717&amp;PID=2953&amp;title=perceptions#2953</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 717<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Nov&nbsp;25&nbsp;2008 at 10:16am<br /><br />correction:<DIV>I don't think that I was ever asked to change the title of any post that was originated by Spiderjohn. I have never tried to change a heading, and wouldn't know how.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>If I am wrong, could you be more specific?</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:16:00 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=717&amp;PID=2953&amp;title=perceptions#2953</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>perceptions : I believe in looking for things...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=717&amp;PID=2952&amp;title=perceptions#2952</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=4">John Beagle</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 717<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Nov&nbsp;25&nbsp;2008 at 9:29am<br /><br />I believe in looking for things we agree on and talking about them. I also think I have every right to run this website as best as I can.<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I want city officials and school board members reading MiddletownUSA. </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I believe in letting people express themselves with as little moderation as possible. You agreed, before posting, that you would understand that your posts are subject to the administrators and moderators. I was up front with you. I asked you to change a title. You did. End of story.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I think we can both accomplish the goal of having our voices heard on here. But I expect respect and decorum. Lay out your comments so others can easily follow what you are saying. And name calling will not be tolerated. </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>So, for intelligent discussions, post here. For all others, post ...you know where.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Tue, 25 Nov 2008 09:29:57 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=717&amp;PID=2952&amp;title=perceptions#2952</guid>
  </item> 
  <item>
   <title>perceptions : mr.b--your posts last week have...</title>
   <link>http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=717&amp;PID=2949&amp;title=perceptions#2949</link>
   <description>
    <![CDATA[<strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18">spiderjohn</a><br /><strong>Subject:</strong> 717<br /><strong>Posted:</strong> Nov&nbsp;24&nbsp;2008 at 5:03pm<br /><br />mr.b--your posts last week have really stuck with me.<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>You pretty much trashed me and my thinking attitude about community issues.</DIV><DIV>Then after I list a FEW of the things where I have been involved, you say that you think of me differently.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Well--I am the same guy who wrote those posts that you dislike so much. Haven't changed one bit. And believe me--I go light around here. I am a veteran of a few scorched earth national message boards.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>That is why I love the power of the internet and the anonymous screen name.</DIV><DIV>I strongly believe it to be the message that matters.</DIV><DIV>I hate to see it influenced by the real identity perception.</DIV><DIV>If my message is strong and true, why should identity association matter at all?</DIV><DIV>Should one person's opinions matter that much over those of someone not recognized?</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I had a lot more fun on the MJ boards b4 I was "outed" by a school system hit man.</DIV><DIV>As soon as that happened, I was threatened with business reprisals from high-up school officials et al, though their identities remained "secret" to most.&nbsp; Ironically, the set-up man who exposed me is now someone with whom I can share thoughts and find a great deal of agreement.</DIV>]]>
   </description>
   <pubDate>Mon, 24 Nov 2008 17:03:16 +0000</pubDate>
   <guid isPermaLink="true">http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=717&amp;PID=2949&amp;title=perceptions#2949</guid>
  </item> 
 </channel>
</rss>